NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-26-2020, 07:16 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default Fake 1915 Cracker Jack in PSA holder...wow!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392991975744
Old 10-26-2020, 07:19 AM
Mike Biggans

I trust your assessment. For my own knowledge advancement, what stands out to you about this card that makes you believe it to be fake?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2020, 07:21 AM
Scott S

Yeah, it looks like it even has perforations along the edges of the card!

Bottom edge of the PSA case looks pretty frosty - probably a crack out and slip this fugazi in there in its place? I know we all want to rip on PSA, but I don't think PSA would miss one like this....
Old 10-26-2020, 07:25 AM
Don Hontz

Yes that is a reprint Cracker Jack---case has been played with--Bad card for sure.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:31 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default ...

I realize most are quick to defend PSA, but could someone please point out definitively where the case has been tampered with from the pics cause I’m not seeing it.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:32 AM
Rob G.

plus the 1915's should have upside down backs.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:39 AM
Rob G.

There are SO many things wrong with it - the colors, the borders, the edges, the image, the non upside down back, the color on the back - that I don't believe any TPG would encapsulate it.

Comparison ...

Old 10-26-2020, 07:40 AM
T0NY @

See post #33 in the below link

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=279704
Old 10-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

I posted this in another thread, but here are some easy ones that alerted me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mack Fake 1.jpg (76.8 KB, 1375 views)
File Type: jpg Mack Fake 2.jpg (71.1 KB, 1353 views)
Old 10-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Richard L.

Looks like a Dover reprint artificially aged. And this is a recent grade!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AB199FB1-219C-4E21-B179-56C58123DA6F.jpg (11.7 KB, 1311 views)
Old 10-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default ...

Isn’t every card supposed to go through 3-4 different graders before leaving the facility? How does this happen on such a blatant fake?
Old 10-26-2020, 09:48 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

I also tend to believe PSA wouldn't miss this one and that someone has slipped the reprint in and taken the real card out. This is too easily identified as a reprint.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 10-26-2020, 09:55 AM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I also tend to believe PSA wouldn't miss this one and that someone has slipped the reprint in and taken the real card out. This is too easily identified as a reprint.
The seller updated the listing. Wrote that this just came back recently.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad22 View Post
The seller updated the listing. Wrote that this just came back recently.
It is hard to believe PSA slabbed that if they did.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:05 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Plot twist

Quoting the update:

"EDITED TO ADD: I have been contacted by a Cracker Jack card collector that this card is a fake. When I came across this card in my collection I wasn't 100% sure if the card was original or not, hence sending it off to PSA a few months back. Just got it back from them in the last week or so and what you see is exactly how I received it back from PSA. I thought part of their process was authentication, so I'm not sure what to think here, but it is not my intent to deceive, or in any way misrepresent this card, so please bear this information in mind as you bid."

Last edited by oldeboo; 10-26-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:43 AM
Richard L.

Seller pulled auction!
Old 10-26-2020, 10:43 AM
Bob Andrews

Gotta be a switched out card. Ray Charles would know that card is a Dover. Even a first-day-on-the-job grader couldn’t miss the perforation evidence. If PSA actually graded and slabbed that they should shut their doors.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:44 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Wouldn't that be incredibly hard with the new holders? I have only saved a few cards from the new holders and it wasn't a breeze like the old ones that would fall apart easily.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:49 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Wouldn't that be incredibly hard with the new holders? I have only saved a few cards from the new holders and it wasn't a breeze like the old ones that would fall apart easily.
Extremely challenging I'd guess to crack those holders open and leave no trace of tampering.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:49 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
Gotta be a switched out card. Ray Charles would know that card is a Dover. Even a first-day-on-the-job grader couldn’t miss the perforation evidence. If PSA actually graded and slabbed that they should shut their doors.
I posted this in the other thread concerning the 1914 Cracker Jacks. It's either a case of PSA messing up, or the reproduction of a genuine slab is getting so good at this point that, unless your an expert, you're not going to be able to tell.

I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, especially considering he pulled the auction but wow, this is not a good luck for PSA if this error was on them. Trimmed and Altered cards, receiving number grades were bad enough as it is, if they're slabbing fakes as real, then this opens up a whole new can of worms.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:50 AM
Rob G.

Everything else he is selling is mid/late 80s & newer. Its the only PSA card he's selling, and nothing else he's sold was graded by PSA.

Was this the only card he submitted? How did it get into his collection? When did it get artificially aged?

Now that he's pulled the auction, what will be done with the card?
Old 10-26-2020, 10:54 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default ...

I 100% believe the seller. This just shows PSAs lack of incompetence. The seller should be making his way in here soon to clear things up for all the doubters.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:55 AM
pete ullman

a dover reprint should never fool anyone let alone a TPG'er esp if one is able to physically hold the raw card in their hand. The stock is nothing like a real card...and the perforations...c'mon!!!!!!

the holder is scary good...and if PSA did in fact grade this...they should be taken out back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseballcar...s_it_story_in/

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-26-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:03 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
a dover reprint should never fool anyone let alone a TPG'er esp if one is able to physically hold the raw card in their hand. The stock is nothing like a real card...and the perforations...c'mon!!!!!!

the holder is scary good...and if PSA did in fact grade this...they should be taken out back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseballcar...s_it_story_in/
There's your smoking gun!!! Great find! UNREAL

Last edited by oldeboo; 10-26-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:19 AM
Richard L.

My opinion, NOT a switch-a-roo. Just a bad mistake by TPG. They’ve been so swamped with orders and have hired new help. I doubt most were qualified to begin with and probably feel pressure to grade x amount of cards per day. And this card bears the result.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:26 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
There are SO many things wrong with it - the colors, the borders, the edges, the image, the non upside down back, the color on the back - that I don't believe any TPG would encapsulate it.
Guess I was wrong.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:30 AM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
Now that he's pulled the auction, what will be done with the card?
If PSA truly slabbed it as presented, I would think that PSA would offer a decent sum to get it back, take it out of the slab and off the market. And I would think that some PSA detractor might offer a decent sum to add it to their collection as a unique piece that shows how bad grading can possibly be.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:18 PM
Glyn Parson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid View Post
Isn’t every card supposed to go through 3-4 different graders before leaving the facility? How does this happen on such a blatant fake?
It didn’t it’s a screwed with case. Seriously just read the thread.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:38 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Regardless of the source, I would think PSA would want to get their hands on that thing to inspect it. Either way, it's scary.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:47 PM
J@son Per1

Hard to think PSA would grade that as authentic. Seriously doubt it.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:52 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

You could post a video of someone putting that card inside the slab, a clearly identified person, and most would deny it. Why?

Last edited by oldeboo; 10-26-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:12 PM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
I’m the one who started the thread. I have read it. And no where does it definitively say it was someone maliciously altering the slab. I’ve been in contact with the original owner. He will be coming on here soon to set the record straight.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Dave Smith

Hello Everyone…I’m Dave Smith (aka DWS44), the thoroughly embarrassed owner of that 1915 Cracker Jack Connie Mack Card…or whatever the heck it really is. A nice person who contacted me via ebay this morning to tip me off let me know that news of my card was spreading through the forums and was kind enough to send me a link to this post. I just joined your forum so I could explain this situation as it has unfolded this morning.

Some quick background. I was a big card collector starting around late 1986 through the 90s during my teen years and into college. During the time I put together quite a collection, and with my parents, also owned/operated a successful card shop through most of the 90s in Johnson City, TN. After college I got into other things and when I moved to Charlotte in 1999, I packed up the card collection and the vast majority I hadn’t touched until this spring. Like a lot of others, Covid suddenly gave me more time at home to play with cards and start getting things ready to sell. As some noted above, a majority of my collection was of the 80s/90s era, but I did have a fair number of older cards as well. IOW, I’m not a newbie to card collecting…just maybe a little rusty. In fact, I have already sold complete sets of 1959 and 1961 Topps cards and a few other older singles on ebay, with positive feedback on those listings, if you’re bored enough to want to search my feedback. I’ve been buying and selling on ebay since the late 90s. I ALWAYS do my best to be honest in my dealings and in my listing descriptions. That’s how I was raised, how we ran our card shop, and how I try to operate in life.

Now…the Cracker Jack card. I ran across this card back in the spring with some of my older cards. The best I recall, we found this card in a large collection of cards we bought back in the card shop days, so it’s been in my collection since at least the mid 90s. I kept it in my collection for the coolness factor of being the “oldest” card in my collection, though I had never really considered or verified its originality. It looked old, and that was cool enough for teenage me. Fast Forward to present and me selling things. I know enough to know that counterfeiting has always been a thing, and since I didn’t know the originality of this card, I tried to do some research. I understand some may have found a Reddit post that I made back in the spring trying to learn more about the card. I hang around some other Reddit groups, so that was where I thought to ask. Consensus from a handful that responded was that it was probably a fake but suggested that I probably needed to send to PSA to know for sure.

As for PSA…some noted that I had not listed anything else that is PSA graded. Back in our collecting and card shop days, PSA grading was not as big of a “thing” as it has since evolved into. I had never been through the PSA process. When I decided to start selling the collection, I decided I was not going to start going through all that, though I probably could have sold some of my bigger cards (Jordan, Griffey, Jeter RCs) for considerably more. I just didn’t want to chance damage to the cards in shipping or wait several months for them to come back. With respect to the unknowns on the Cracker Jack card, I figured what the heck…I’ll at least be able to experience the process, and then I’ll know for sure what I have and can list it safely knowing what it is.

I sent the card off on June 8th. In the paperwork, I specifically stated that I wasn’t sure if the card was original or not. I received the card back on October 13th. I thought that part of the PSA grading process was authentication and that they would not grade reprint or counterfeit cards. Perhaps I was wrong in that assumption, but I swear on a stack of Bibles that what you all see in those pictures is exactly what I received back from PSA. 100% unaltered. There was no mention in the paperwork of it being a reprint/counterfeit/fake, so I assumed it was actually a real, original, card and last night I got around to posting it for sale. I wake up this morning to a message from the person I mention above that the card was an obvious a fake. The person seemed sincere, so I went to cancel the auction, but found I already had a few bids. I then added the addendum you all posted above that it may be a fake despite the PSA grading and I also contacted the person who was high bidder at the time if they wanted to retract their bid. My first instinct was to leave it that way, let people decide for themselves if they still wanted whatever it is, and figured that would probably kill bidder interest anyways. As the morning progressed, I continued getting bids, as well as more people contacting me that it was obviously a fake, found out about my listing being posted and discussed at forums, people tracking info about me, etc. That’s when I just cancelled the bid and ate the ebay fees to do so.

So…there it is. The full story. I apologize for any misunderstandings about the list, but like I said…it is not my intent to misrepresent or mislead anyone. There is absolutely no way I would intentionally tamper with a PSA case or swap in a fake card to try to make a buck. That is not how I operate. I’m rather proud of have 20+ years of 100% feedback on ebay and other forums that I’ve sold items. Reading comments here are enough to turn my stomach, and I am embarrassed for posting something for sale that would put me in that light with collectors. I would take my collection out in the back yard and set it on fire before I’d want people to think I’m dishonest or a scammer. And I’m pretty sure that my first dealing with PSA will also be my last. Uggh. For the record, I have also contacted PSA over the matter, but the autoresponse I got back said it would probably be five days before I would get any response.

If you read all that…thank you for your time. I hope that explains the situation better for you all. If you have been following this on other forums, I would welcome you to extend a link to my explanation to the other sites as well.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:48 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

1.5? PSA is so harsh on fake CJs.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:49 PM
John Wondowski

I’m sure the original owner has the original submission paperwork / electronic record to back up the submission claim - amazing.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:49 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
Hello Everyone…I’m Dave Smith (aka DWS44), the thoroughly embarrassed owner of that 1915 Cracker Jack Connie Mack Card…or whatever the heck it really is. A nice person who contacted me via ebay this morning to tip me off let me know that news of my card was spreading through the forums and was kind enough to send me a link to this post. I just joined your forum so I could explain this situation as it has unfolded this morning.

Some quick background. I was a big card collector starting around late 1986 through the 90s during my teen years and into college. During the time I put together quite a collection, and with my parents, also owned/operated a successful card shop through most of the 90s in Johnson City, TN. After college I got into other things and when I moved to Charlotte in 1999, I packed up the card collection and the vast majority I hadn’t touched until this spring. Like a lot of others, Covid suddenly gave me more time at home to play with cards and start getting things ready to sell. As some noted above, a majority of my collection was of the 80s/90s era, but I did have a fair number of older cards as well. IOW, I’m not a newbie to card collecting…just maybe a little rusty. In fact, I have already sold complete sets of 1959 and 1961 Topps cards and a few other older singles on ebay, with positive feedback on those listings, if you’re bored enough to want to search my feedback. I’ve been buying and selling on ebay since the late 90s. I ALWAYS do my best to be honest in my dealings and in my listing descriptions. That’s how I was raised, how we ran our card shop, and how I try to operate in life.

Now…the Cracker Jack card. I ran across this card back in the spring with some of my older cards. The best I recall, we found this card in a large collection of cards we bought back in the card shop days, so it’s been in my collection since at least the mid 90s. I kept it in my collection for the coolness factor of being the “oldest” card in my collection, though I had never really considered or verified its originality. It looked old, and that was cool enough for teenage me. Fast Forward to present and me selling things. I know enough to know that counterfeiting has always been a thing, and since I didn’t know the originality of this card, I tried to do some research. I understand some may have found a Reddit post that I made back in the spring trying to learn more about the card. I hang around some other Reddit groups, so that was where I thought to ask. Consensus from a handful that responded was that it was probably a fake but suggested that I probably needed to send to PSA to know for sure.

As for PSA…some noted that I had not listed anything else that is PSA graded. Back in our collecting and card shop days, PSA grading was not as big of a “thing” as it has since evolved into. I had never been through the PSA process. When I decided to start selling the collection, I decided I was not going to start going through all that, though I probably could have sold some of my bigger cards (Jordan, Griffey, Jeter RCs) for considerably more. I just didn’t want to chance damage to the cards in shipping or wait several months for them to come back. With respect to the unknowns on the Cracker Jack card, I figured what the heck…I’ll at least be able to experience the process, and then I’ll know for sure what I have and can list it safely knowing what it is.

I sent the card off on June 8th. In the paperwork, I specifically stated that I wasn’t sure if the card was original or not. I received the card back on October 13th. I thought that part of the PSA grading process was authentication and that they would not grade reprint or counterfeit cards. Perhaps I was wrong in that assumption, but I swear on a stack of Bibles that what you all see in those pictures is exactly what I received back from PSA. 100% unaltered. There was no mention in the paperwork of it being a reprint/counterfeit/fake, so I assumed it was actually a real, original, card and last night I got around to posting it for sale. I wake up this morning to a message from the person I mention above that the card was an obvious a fake. The person seemed sincere, so I went to cancel the auction, but found I already had a few bids. I then added the addendum you all posted above that it may be a fake despite the PSA grading and I also contacted the person who was high bidder at the time if they wanted to retract their bid. My first instinct was to leave it that way, let people decide for themselves if they still wanted whatever it is, and figured that would probably kill bidder interest anyways. As the morning progressed, I continued getting bids, as well as more people contacting me that it was obviously a fake, found out about my listing being posted and discussed at forums, people tracking info about me, etc. That’s when I just cancelled the bid and ate the ebay fees to do so.

So…there it is. The full story. I apologize for any misunderstandings about the list, but like I said…it is not my intent to misrepresent or mislead anyone. There is absolutely no way I would intentionally tamper with a PSA case or swap in a fake card to try to make a buck. That is not how I operate. I’m rather proud of have 20+ years of 100% feedback on ebay and other forums that I’ve sold items. Reading comments here are enough to turn my stomach, and I am embarrassed for posting something for sale that would put me in that light with collectors. I would take my collection out in the back yard and set it on fire before I’d want people to think I’m dishonest or a scammer. And I’m pretty sure that my first dealing with PSA will also be my last. Uggh. For the record, I have also contacted PSA over the matter, but the autoresponse I got back said it would probably be five days before I would get any response.

If you read all that…thank you for your time. I hope that explains the situation better for you all. If you have been following this on other forums, I would welcome you to extend a link to my explanation to the other sites as well.
Can we see copy of the paperwork from PSA?
Old 10-26-2020, 01:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

Thanks for the back up story.
Unbelievable on PSA's part in authenticating it. It's not even a good looking fake. At least it could almost look real but to anyone that has ever actually seen one it isn't even a close call to being real. PSA apologists get in line here...let's hear how great they are.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
People still wouldn't believe it.

Thank you to the seller for coming here to tell your story. Don't take anything that anyone says personally. There is a group of people that will defend third party graders like they are family, for some reason.

Stay around awhile and check out the site some, I'm sure you'll find some interesting content.

Last edited by oldeboo; 10-26-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:23 PM
Dave Smith

Quote:
Sure. Here are the two sheets that were in the package with the card. I blanked out my street address, phone# and credit card info, but otherwise, this it is: https://imgur.com/a/rNMkdWM
Old 10-26-2020, 02:36 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Sure. Here are the two sheets that were in the package with the card. I blanked out my street address, phone# and credit card info, but otherwise, this it is: https://imgur.com/a/rNMkdWM
thx I appreciate you showing that...a poor reflection on PSA.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:40 PM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for the back up story.
Unbelievable on PSA's part in authenticating it. It's not even a good looking fake. At least it could almost look real but to anyone that has ever actually seen one it isn't even a close call to being real. PSA apologists get in line here...let's hear how great they are.
+1000000

I’m ready myself.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Excellent idea.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:16 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Wow. That paperwork looks legit. This isn't even a "is it altered/is it not, he said/she said" situation. That card is as fake as fake gets.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:31 PM

Default Fake 1915 Cracker Jack in PSA holder...wow!

Unbelievable. It’s such an obvious fake I can’t even wrap my head around it. The perforations alone...

Reinforces the need to do your homework on slabbed cards. Caveat emptor, etc.

Last edited by Jgrace; 10-26-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Excellent idea.
Only the best suggestions....
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:38 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

For posterity. Before they zero out the cert number...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg psa_crackerjack_mack.jpg (64.2 KB, 1078 views)
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:34 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Can someone explain the perforations issue to us non-CJ collectors? In the comparison graphic posted, it looks like both the 'real' card and the Dover reprint have perforations, just to a different extent. Is that the case, or do the originals have no perforations...or is it something else??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:47 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Can someone explain the perforations issue to us non-CJ collectors? In the comparison graphic posted, it looks like both the 'real' card and the Dover reprint have perforations, just to a different extent. Is that the case, or do the originals have no perforations...or is it something else??
A genuine card is just a normal straight cut like most other cards. The Dover reprints have the perforations. Printing anomalies are also very easy to pickup on the Dover reprints. Here is an example from Ebay of how the Dover cards came, I believe. You could easily tear them apart at the perforations if desired.

In the comparison above in this thread, a known Dover is being compared to the questionable card. Well not really questionable, honestly.

It's a common trick for scammers to stain these cards, trim the edges, and rub off where it says REPRINT and stain over that spot to trick the unsuspected. Whoever doctored this one just chose to rub the perforation nubs down a little instead of trimming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dover.jpg (74.2 KB, 1055 views)

Last edited by oldeboo; 10-26-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: addition
Old 10-26-2020, 05:14 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

But, I'm confused. Here is the graphic I mentioned. The 'real' card situated above the 'Dover Reprint' seems to have perforations across the top...

Mack Fake 2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:17 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Both cards in the image are fake. The top one is the one in the PSA slab...

To add: the texture/cardstock between the two cards is also immediately noticeable if you have them in your hands. It's completely ridiculous that PSA authenticated this reprint from 60 years newer. It would probably fluoresce under a black light because of the whitening in the card as well. Just atrocious!
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 10-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.