NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Rich Klein

Default New EBay Rules

I did not see this posted so am posting this to the board. Sounds like EBay is working hard to be the greatest of the great guys!
I recieved this a few days ago from Ebay. After reading this; I wonder why anyone would ever use EBay to sell anything. Please note; and this is in my opinion only -- EBay is totally messed up for today's time. With the growing number of people not working and they would prefer to use places like EBay to sell their "Stuff"; EBay just makes selling harder and harder.
Sounds like they have totally forgotten what made them a success in the first place. No wonder Craig's List, even with their problems, has made so many inroads on EBay's sellers

Rich

Changes to the eBay User Agreement

Dear eBay Community Member,

I'm writing to let you know that the we've posted an updated eBay User Agreement to help us implement some policy changes. This agreement is effective immediately for new members registering on or after today, and on September 22, 2009, for current members.

The biggest change to the agreement covers our updated, expanded and renamed eBay Buyer Protection. eBay Buyer Protection offers coverage for more buyers and allows eBay to deduct amounts due to buyers under the program from seller PayPal accounts. If sellers don't have sufficient funds in their PayPal accounts, sellers will be asked to provide an alternate payment method. We've moved the bulk of the program details to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy, referenced in the User Agreement. For more information, you can review the Seller Release details announced July 27, 2009.

As with earlier updates to the User Agreement, we've made other minor changes to reflect eBay's current product and service offerings and industry legal standards. For example, we've made a few changes to the way we describe use of our catalog content.

You don't need to take any further action to accept the new User Agreement. If you don't wish to accept the new User Agreement, please refer to this Help page for instructions on how to close your account. We hope you find that these changes make eBay more useful for you.

Thanks for being a part of the eBay community!

Sincerely,

Scott Shipman
Senior Counsel

Last edited by Rich Klein; 08-28-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I

eBay Buyer Protection offers coverage for more buyers and allows eBay to deduct amounts due to buyers under the program from seller PayPal accounts. If sellers don't have sufficient funds in their PayPal accounts, sellers will be asked to provide an alternate payment method.
I think all this means is that if you sell something on ebay and the buyer claims he didn't get it or there is a problem and the seller is on the hook, the buyer will be paid directly from the seller's account or in the alternative the seller will have provided a bank account and the money will come directly from there.
Is this correct? I thought it has been like that for a long time. maybe I am missing something here...
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Joe P.

Default eBay's motto .....

If it aint broken, Fix it!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Barry Sloate

This wouldn't be an issue at all if both buyer and seller are honorable. But if a good seller has the misfortune of dealing with a rogue buyer, it might be too easy for the buyer to take money out of the seller's account (if I understand this correctly).
Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Todd C

hopefully DELIVERY CONFIRMATION proof will be sufficient enough to protect sellers.

With the ongoing changes to exclude more sellers, the AUCTION format will be gone in due time...

Last edited by deadballera; 08-28-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Jim VB

One of the most customer unfriendly lines, ever:

"If you don't wish to accept the new User Agreement, please refer to this Help page for instructions on how to close your account."
Old 08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Barry Sloate

It is hard to understand ebay's business plan. Every time they make a change it does seem to make transacting more difficult. Isn't this the opposite of what free enterprise is supposed to be about?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Joe P.

Default If it aint broken .....

Fix it!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post

"If you don't wish to accept the new User Agreement, please refer to this Help page for instructions on how to close your account."
That's lawyerese for "go screw yourself."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
That's lawyerese for "go screw yourself."

LOL. Thanks for the translation, but I knew exactly what it meant. But as someone marketing to consumers, you would usually try to find a more polite way to word it.

They also could have said: "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!"
Old 08-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Ralph

OK after reading that my take is this,if there is no seller how can there be a buyer?It seems from what I read and understood is they always are protecting just the buyer.Do they not understand no seller no business?Am I correct or did I read it wrong,just my opinions.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Dave

The paranoid part of me tells me this isn't good for sellers OR buyers. Just another way for Ebay and Paypal to wash their hands of bad transactions.

Buyer Protection - If a seller scams you we'll get your money back from them.....and maybe give it to you, if we're feeling charitable. If they are your typical scam seller and have cleaned out their accounts and gave us info for an empty bank account. Well........................you're Sh*t outta luck.

Seller Protection - If a buyer scams you. Doesn't pay for their bid, files a faulty claim, Is an International Buyer and their post office F'd up, claims "not as described" to get an easy refund, Returns your shipment for a refund and sends an empty box with a tracking label, leaves you a negative for excessive shipping costs even though you LOST money on the shipping, expected to get their package in the mail the DAY BEFORE they bid on it, files a chargeback on their credit card 6 months after receiving the item in the Mail and reselling it themselves on Ebay................Well..................you're Sh*t outta luck.

Protection for Ebay/Paypal - All encompassing. Everybody else is Sh*t outta luck!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 PM

"covers our updated, expanded and renamed eBay Buyer Protection." ....which we like to refer to as the bend over and grab your ankles.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
"covers our updated, expanded and renamed eBay Buyer Protection." ....which we like to refer to as the bend over and grab your ankles.

Thank you sir, may I have another!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Steve
Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Chris Stufflestreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post

Would it have been better if they simply said, "We know you're going to take it. It's not like you're going to go anywhere else..." Or how about tossing out a term I grew very familiar with during my Army days: BOHICA!

I know a little something about large companies that use monopolistic practices because their customers have few options. I work for a cable company. That said, even my employer has been stressing to its technical staff the ramifications of losing customers (bottom line, annual bonuses, pinkslips...)
Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 AM

Why isn't there a viable option yet?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Scott Gaynor

Probably because of something like this

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y09/m08/i11/s01
https://www.ebay.com/sch/estate-find...1&_ipg=&_from=

Find my monthly auctions on auctionninja
https://www.auctionninja.com/gaynors-fine-consignments/