NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Default A question about Dietsche postcards...

Posted By: Brian

Hello everyone, I had a question on the value of some postcards that we found in a house we are cleaning that are still in reasonable condition. We do not have a full set of them (we are 4 short, I will include a link below. It is the PC765-1-2 set), however we do have the Ty Cobb postcard shown on the web page of him depicted during a plate appearance. What we wanted to know from you guys is what some sort of fair market value is if you knew, or a way that we could find out what that value is. Thank you for your help.

PC765-1-2 set

Old 12-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Prices tend to vary, but a nice Cobb should be worth around $750, a Crawford a few hundred and commons probably a hundred a pop. Haven't sold any in a while so my prices may be off a bit. It's a popular set and they are pretty easy to sell. Nice find.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

My estimates on values are about $500-$700 on the Cobb, about $125-$150 for Crawford, about $75-$100 for Jennings and about $35 each for commons. These were percieved to be much rarer than they actually are since so many have hit the market via ebay over the last 5 years or so. There are about 5-10 Tigers for each Cubs that you see. I personally think they are slightly undervalued and nice investments for the going prices.

Rhys

Old 12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Commons can definately be had cheap. I picked up 2 of them this past spring for $12 for the pair.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: zach

I agree with the numbers posted about the value of commons and hofers. The commons can be had cheap for sure as Jay stated but the pair for 12 bucks was probably more or less an ebay fluke, a steal. Though not worth TOO much more than that, i'd put commons at around 40 dollars apiece with a hofers being worth a significant amount more.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

Dietsche commons in VG condition will usually run in the $18 to $30 range on eBay. Cobb, dependent upon the condition, can sell for high hundreds as others have stated. Are your cards postally used? While some find that this detracts from their value, I will only collect them in this condition. Did your find include any of the Michigan football players (they were issued in the same format the same year as the Tigers)?

Old 12-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Sorry I was so far off on the commons. When I've had them, it's usually been in complete or near complete sets, so I was just guessing and was clearly off by a bunch.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Michael Peich

I agree with the prices Rhys quoted. I've collected the two Tigers sets, and the Cubs, and the latter are more difficult to find. Brian, contact me offline about the possibility of buying some (or all) of your cards as upgrades for my sets. Happy New Year to everyone.

Cheers, Mike

Old 12-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Some of the common players in the A.C. Dietsche set are much tougher to find. I picked up this Ira Thomas for around $88.00 last year.

It's the only one I have ever seen.

Patrick

Old 12-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Hello all, my apologies for not getting back to everyone sooner as work and getting ready for next semester have been every bit as hectic as you can imagine. I have decided that I want to sell any players except for Ty Cobb, unless I get a good offer for him. I am only 22 and a fan of baseball, so I may decide to keep Cobb to start a collection of my own that I can one day hand down to my kids. These are un-postmarked cards, and I'll list who I have below.

Commons: William "Bill" Donovan, George Mullin, Germany "Herman" Schaefer, Charley O'Leary, Claude Rossman, Charles "Boss" Schmidt, Ed Siever, Ed Killian, Jerome "Red" Downs, David Jones, William "Bill" Coughlin

HOFers: Ty Cobb, Hughie Jennings, Sam Crawford

In response to those that have e-mailed me, sadly I do not have a scanner or access to one so I can't represent the condition that they are in that way. My question to everyone is where can I get the cards graded, since I imagine that's the next best way to convey their condition to everyone. Thank all of you for your help and interest with these items.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

You can start by going into sgccard.com and working your way through their website. It takes a little work but you will figure it out.