NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-21-2021, 05:32 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkm_bky View Post
My $.02 pertaining to the BST is that this Forum and it's members are a community. We should look out for each other, not take advantage.
Completely agree. The BST here relies on a degree of community and integrity that is not the norm in arms-length negotiations with strangers and I would not do anything that I would not want done to me. eBay is the wild west: a seller who doesn't update prices or doesn't know what he is selling deserves to lose.

What baffles me are the sellers whose items are not selling and who raise the prices. I've been watching a card that was priced at $1800 and just couldn't bring myself to buy it. After a month or so I check on it and the seller has raised the price $500! WTF?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-21-2021, 06:08 PM
pete ullman

I agree with much of what has been said. But...ultimately it is up to the seller to keep on top of adjusting his/hers sale price as the market changes. And these days market values can change from day to day.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:11 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
What baffles me are the sellers whose items are not selling and who raise the prices. I've been watching a card that was priced at $1800 and just couldn't bring myself to buy it. After a month or so I check on it and the seller has raised the price $500! WTF?
Also baffling are the people who try to sell something with a posted price adjusted for the bull market run of cards... that they must expect to happen in 2044.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:28 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Also baffling are the people who try to sell something with a posted price adjusted for the bull market run of cards... that they must expect to happen in 2044.
No question there are "fisherpeople" out there. All it seems to take is an outlier sale price to cause many to jack up their prices.

Last edited by ullmandds; 01-21-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:44 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I agree with the thought that once something is off the front page (or second page of the more active BST sections) the buyer should inquire if the card is still available. If it is, there should be a negotiation if market price is noticeably higher than it was when first offered. This assumes everyone over there has integrity. And I've learned to never assume anything.

I feel the community looking out for itself is fair and reasonable.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 01-24-2021, 07:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I agree with the thought that once something is off the front page (or second page of the more active BST sections) the buyer should inquire if the card is still available. If it is, there should be a negotiation if market price is noticeably higher than it was when first offered. This assumes everyone over there has integrity. And I've learned to never assume anything.

I feel the community looking out for itself is fair and reasonable.
+1 .,...and it's amazing that for all that goes on over there, there is very little involvement from mods, in the way of disputes.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:24 PM
Nick Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Amen amen amen! There’s a modern card I want to buy, not very popular. I’d gladly be willing to pay $50 which is a pretty reasonable value as of today. It’s listed at $1500.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:45 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp22 View Post
Amen amen amen! There’s a modern card I want to buy, not very popular. I’d gladly be willing to pay $50 which is a pretty reasonable value as of today. It’s listed at $1500.
I'm curious because of the wide price difference what card you are referring to
Old 01-25-2021, 07:09 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Prices

2 or 3 years ago I paid $800 for a raw T213-2 Red Cobb. I sent it in to have it graded and it came back an SGC10 as expected. PWCC has an SGC10 listed on eBay, from their vault, at $7995.

Crazy!

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:29 AM
Robert J. Miller

Just to add my 2 non cents.......When an item is listed on ebay, the seller should be able to raise the price anytime they want unless the item has a bid. Auctions usually run 7 days so every 7 days the seller can do what they want to the pricing. If they have a BIN and someone selects it, then that price should be honored.

As far as the BST here, I would think a 2 or 3 week period. Anything beyond that the interested party should ask if the card is still available and start a price negotiation.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Nick Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I'm curious because of the wide price difference what card you are referring to
It’s a basketball rookie card from 2009 numbered to /999. PSA 10 with a 12 pop. Of course, the entire pop report is only 15 cards, because nobody cared/cares enough about them to get them graded.

It seems like a lot of new sellers (more so for modern) seem to think that low pop report should equal big money, when that’s just not the case a lot of times. Frustrating.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:04 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp22 View Post
It’s a basketball rookie card from 2009 numbered to /999. PSA 10 with a 12 pop. Of course, the entire pop report is only 15 cards, because nobody cared/cares enough about them to get them graded.

It seems like a lot of new sellers (more so for modern) seem to think that low pop report should equal big money, when that’s just not the case a lot of times. Frustrating.
Gee I wonder if the reason you are not being specific is because the player who think is overpriced is Stephen Curry. He's a lot more than a common, in fact a generational player, so you need to be more specific before I accept the vague comments on your player. I have NO dog in this fight but I want to make sure your comments are legit and not just false hype in trying to lower something which is not getting lower anytime soon

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...9+Classics+PSA

Regards
Rich
Old 01-26-2021, 02:41 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Since it has been almost a week since I started this thread I figured I would provide a quick update and reason for my question. The BST question came about as I've had several people in the past ask here and on other sites ask if a card was still available. No one was asking to purchase at the old listed price. They were just seeing if I still had the card. Still, it made me curious how others would feel in that situation if they still had the card.

On Ebay I had a buyer who was making offers on a card below my asking price. Earlier this year I had raised the price and their offers have continued to slowly increased but still a bit below my asking price. With each offer I have consistently stated the price listed is the price I want for it even when the offers got above my original asking price. I never had the option to make a BO on the card. After making this post I raised the price again by about 20%. Within a few hours, they responded that they would buy the card at my previous price. I declined and advised my new price was due to recent comps. Figured there were enough watchers, it was the cheapest on Ebay at the grade, and was still less than other similar graded examples have sold for. I've already had the card for awhile so worse case scenario is I hold it a little longer. Less than 48 hours later, a different buyer bought the card at the new asking price. So I guess sometimes raising the price might invoke someone to step up and buy the card before it goes up any more.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 01-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Nick Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Gee I wonder if the reason you are not being specific is because the player who think is overpriced is Stephen Curry. He's a lot more than a common, in fact a generational player, so you need to be more specific before I accept the vague comments on your player. I have NO dog in this fight but I want to make sure your comments are legit and not just false hype in trying to lower something which is not getting lower anytime soon

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...9+Classics+PSA

Regards
Rich
Relax man. I have no idea what you’re getting at or why you’re so curious, but it’s a Tyreke Evans Topps Chrome card. I just didn’t say who it was because it’s not really a big deal and I’d assume a large number of our members hardly know who he is. Deep breath dude