NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 PM

Default june pickups

Here is a side by side comparison. If my theory is right,Garvin is about 5 years younger in the cabinet photo than in the 1903 card. I have been searching for another photo of garvin that is a different angle, but I haven't come up with much yet. It is tough to see the ears in the cabinet photo, and with that, I didn't think the ears could be a big id help with this photo, but I could be wrong. I am hoping to get some help from a local historical society with a team photo that could give me the definitive id.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Mark

The heads are at slightly different angles - but the most easily seen difference is the outline the partially hidden right ears (viewer's left). Garvin's protrudes more in the middle, the Reading player's angles towards the head from the top of the ear.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Banned

Other members of the Superbras:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5965310.jpg (39.3 KB, 245 views)

Last edited by Rob D.; 06-25-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 AM

Default june pickups

LOL, i didn't realize i made that typo. I can see what you mean by the ears appearing at different levels.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Dan Bretta

A buddy of mine called me today from a garage sale and said they had some Lincoln Chiefs stuff....I was there in about 5 minutes.

Picked up a 59 ticket booklet that still has 7 unused tickets in it, 2 1953 team photos (Which I didn't have yet) and a 55 and a 58 team photo (both of which I have more than one of already...but I'm a hoarder of Lincoln stuff). What is strange is that I had never come across a ticket booklet for the Chiefs in a very long time of collecting this stuff and I've found three now in just two weeks.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Default 19th Century Sculler Platter

Received this the other day, got off Corey Leiby's website AntiqueAthlete.com
13"x 9 1/2"x 3"

Wrote to rowing expert exdrodinare Tom Weil, exchange below. Was hoping it was American, but doesn't seem to be. Anybody with killer rowing stuff email me...Mike Hoevet don't roll your eyes!

On Tuesday Jun 23, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Carlton wrote:
Tom, I just got the tray in attached photos...Have you ever seen it before..no maker mark...Would you recognize the background area...is that Boston? Philly? Thames? -Carlton

On Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:20 PM, Tom Weil wrote:
Carlton -
A fascinating piece - never seen the like before, but I would identify it with some degree of confidence as European, probably German or Austrian, 1880-1910 - the depiction of the sculler is classically Continental, and the background seems to depict a small river- or lake-side village such as would be found throughout those countries - also, the Europeans were much more into cast or stamped or embossed metal plates and trays than the Anglophones. And coming from the flip side, wherever it IS from, there is no way that that either the style of manufacture or the subject could be English or American.
Thanks for getting in touch, and good luck with finding such neat things in the future.
Best, Tom

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 06-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 AM

i picked this up over the weekend. i have a couple of posters for the NBC tournament, but have never seen one this size before. i think it was a bus advertisement rather than a storefront poster judging by the text.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26th annual.jpg (25.9 KB, 149 views)
Old 06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Matt

Picked up these three yesterday.
Matt
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Matt... How lucky to find 3 with such perfect and unblemished markings!

Gorgeous bats... and looks like all 3 have slightly different knobs. Where did you possibly locate 3 such perfect specimens (if you don't mind me asking?)
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Matt

They all actually came from a local estate auction. There was one other that I did not get but the condition was the same. The barrels were covered in some sort of white residue, but it came right off. They don't appear to be used.
Matt