NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for BSelling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-17-2021, 08:38 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrotn77 View Post
I'm not blaming buyers, but it's kinda naive to think that a Cracker Jack card that's more than 100 years old could be in mint condition.
1 - Why not, it's their fault.

2 - Kinda? Hahahaha.

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-17-2021 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-17-2021, 08:40 PM
robertsmithnocure robertsmithnocure is offline
R0b Sm!th
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrotn77 View Post
This!!! I too was a regular at cards shows in the late 80s and early 90s and you NEVER saw high-grade vintage. I'm not blaming buyers, but it's kinda naive to think that a Cracker Jack card that's more than 100 years old could be in mint condition. Same with a T206 card that was packed in a tight little box with cigarettes. After all, protective holders didn't come out until, what, the 70s or 80s?
I get what you are saying, but 1915 Cracker Jacks were available as complete sets and custom albums were available. If a set was immediately put in an album, I assume that they could be soaked out. That scenario could yield some pristine cards.

Last edited by robertsmithnocure; 04-17-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-17-2021, 08:51 PM
Lorewalker's Avatar
Lorewalker Lorewalker is offline
Chase
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
LOL.
Oh wait, maybe it's not so funny.
This hobby is a cluster fork.
It takes a massive amount of tolerance, ignorance or denial to buy cards like these after what has been uncovered. If the card is worth real money you almost have to assume it has been messed with.
__________________
( h @ $ e A n + l e y
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-17-2021, 09:04 PM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is offline
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 9,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsmithnocure View Post
I get what you are saying, but 1915 Cracker Jacks were available as complete sets and custom albums were available. If a set was immediately put in an album, I assume that they could be soaked out. That scenario could yield some pristine cards.
15' cj's are in my opinion one of few vintage sets that are more likely to be found in high grade...due to these reasons you stated.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-17-2021, 10:44 PM
boneheadandrube's Avatar
boneheadandrube boneheadandrube is offline
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
15' cj's are in my opinion one of few vintage sets that are more likely to be found in high grade...due to these reasons you stated.
The albums had corner hinges I believe? I saw one in person in the 80's. No need to soak, or just kept them in a box.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-18-2021, 07:13 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,940
Default

The few of you who care really need to come around to the modern world. This is a great thing overall. We get these super high end white bordered Ty Cobb cards that didn't exist just a couple decades ago. Restoring cards is a great opportunity to make a LOT of cash with little to no education. The AHs get to make more more because of the higher prices on a PSA 8 that used to be a PSA 5.

As far as knowing the names, LOL seriously. When a longtime card doctor got called out on here for selling another member a altered card nobody said shit. People actually blamed PSA because of who the person was. If that isn't proof nobody cares nothing is.

Have a great day and remember it is all for the greater good of the hobby.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-18-2021, 07:31 AM
Aquarian Sports Cards Aquarian Sports Cards is offline
Scott Russell
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,768
Default

While those of you who know me know where I stand on all this, and I have dealt - first hand - with altered cards in slabs as an auction. I will say in general on the topic of how many more NM tobacco cards there are now then there were in the 80's, that's a bit misleading.

EVERY collectible dealt with the explosion of availability of what were thought to be unicorns in the advent of ebay and internet sales in general. Things like decanters, glassware like Fenton, and even to a degree things like books, stamps and coins suddenly were easily available. If you had to go to shows, flea markets and garage sales to add to your collection you could go crazy trying to find something that, as it turns out, was just scarce locally for some reason (or no real reason at all) The same goes for cards in general and high grade cards specifically.

I started doing shows when I was 14 and I remember in 1986 buying my first Goudey cards because they were the oldest things I had ever seen. On the local show circuit I honestly don't remember seeing ANY tobacco cards. I know I didn't buy my first T206's until Ebay came along.

Again do I think this explains even the majority of the high grade tobacco? No. But telling me something was scarce in the 1980's and easy to find now doesn't strike me as a great argument.
__________________
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CCAuctionHouse

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-18-2021, 07:49 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 4,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsmithnocure View Post
I get what you are saying, but 1915 Cracker Jacks were available as complete sets and custom albums were available. If a set was immediately put in an album, I assume that they could be soaked out. That scenario could yield some pristine cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadandrube View Post
The albums had corner hinges I believe? I saw one in person in the 80's. No need to soak, or just kept them in a box.
That's all well and good, but the fact is these cards are being trimmed on a wholesale scale...............so they literally did not exist in this "pristine" form in the 80's.

I wonder how many cards have actually been trimmed multiple times.

I see the term "crack & resubmit" thrown around on a regular basis.

Unfortunately "crack & trim & resubmit", has become the norm...........and probably has been for much longer then we care to admit.

Card doctors have been trimming cards since PSA came into existence........................I take it back...........they've been trimming cards since cards came into existence...........but they got really good at it, once PSA gave them a huge financial incentive, to get really good at it.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 04-18-2021 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-18-2021, 08:41 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 4,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
While those of you who know me know where I stand on all this, and I have dealt - first hand - with altered cards in slabs as an auction. I will say in general on the topic of how many more NM tobacco cards there are now then there were in the 80's, that's a bit misleading.

EVERY collectible dealt with the explosion of availability of what were thought to be unicorns in the advent of ebay and internet sales in general. Things like decanters, glassware like Fenton, and even to a degree things like books, stamps and coins suddenly were easily available. If you had to go to shows, flea markets and garage sales to add to your collection you could go crazy trying to find something that, as it turns out, was just scarce locally for some reason (or no real reason at all) The same goes for cards in general and high grade cards specifically.

I started doing shows when I was 14 and I remember in 1986 buying my first Goudey cards because they were the oldest things I had ever seen. On the local show circuit I honestly don't remember seeing ANY tobacco cards. I know I didn't buy my first T206's until Ebay came along.

Again do I think this explains even the majority of the high grade tobacco? No. But telling me something was scarce in the 1980's and easy to find now doesn't strike me as a great argument.


I respect your opinion and agree with most of what you said.

Yes, the internet created a centralized location to obtain and find things we were unable to before.

Those other types of items you mentioned, didn't become more common. They just became easier to find. Supply began to outstrip demand.

Demand, always outstripped supply, for high grade tobacco/candy/pre-war cards (particularly baseball). The internet era, while helping availability, also accelerated demand. With this demand, more high grade cards were "created".

When I say Hi-grade cards didn't "exist" in the 80's, I was of course guilty of hyperbole. No, this was not supposed to be an absolute statement.

The idea that there are certainly more (lots more) of them out there (which should be a mathematical impossibility), is not strictly anecdotal. It's backed up by literally 1000's (10's, 100's of 1000's ??), that have been exposed, and residing in TPG holders that show us that this card is more respected and higher graded, and with better eye appeal, then it was just a few short years ago.

I understand absolute statements make collectors who believe they are holding onto legitimate high grade cards from the past bristle, and I'm sorry for that. There are always exceptions to the rule.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-18-2021, 11:21 AM
Pat R's Avatar
Pat R Pat R is online now
P@trick R.omolo
member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The list keeps growing.

Yawn.

I guess Mr. Calderon, who clearly knows how to post here (see below), isn't going to this time.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...light=calderon
It appears that Heritage gets a free pass with a lot of people. If this same thread was about pwcc the post count would be in the hundreds.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-18-2021, 11:45 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
It appears that Heritage gets a free pass with a lot of people. If this same thread was about pwcc the post count would be in the hundreds.
I don't know Pat, my impression is that people aren't even interested in PWCC any more. Hardly a word about their move to hiding bidder IDs, for example. Or about the complete lack of impact all the Blowout revelations have had on them.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-18-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-18-2021, 12:04 PM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 5,828
Default

Or that people posted the ESPN article quoting Jesse Craig and nobody responded back with "Salt of the Earth."

BTW, here are some of the outed trimmers that have booths at the NSCC this year, if it happens:
Johnny Adams Jr Booth Number: #632 #636
Buy Nice Cards.Com Booth Number : #560 Eric Bitz
PWCC Marketplace Booth Number : #2452 #2448 #2353 #2349 Betsy Huigens
Triple sSs Sportscard Booth Number : #525 #624 Mike Skerbe
Metro Sports Cards Booth Number : #2333 Brandon Taing
__________________
--
PWCC: The Fish Stinks From the Head
PSA: Regularly Get Cheated
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Mark17's Avatar
Mark17 Mark17 is offline
M@rk S@tterstr0m
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The few of you who care really need to come around to the modern world. This is a great thing overall. We get these super high end white bordered Ty Cobb cards that didn't exist just a couple decades ago. Restoring cards is a great opportunity to make a LOT of cash with little to no education. The AHs get to make more more because of the higher prices on a PSA 8 that used to be a PSA 5.
Some people buy old houses, fix them up, and resell them for a tidy profit. It's a win for everyone - someone gets to buy and live in a nice house, property values and aesthetic appeal increase in the neighborhood, tax revenues to the city go up on the higher value basis of the house, lots of tradesmen get paid to do the work, and material suppliers make money selling the stuff that goes into the renovation.

The house may still be marketed as "Early Victorian" or whatever, but it certainly isn't in original condition, and has been significantly altered and cleaned to improve its value.

I own a 1930 Model A Ford. Some people collect them in all original condition, others trick them up a bit. Mine for example is mostly original but has a custom made hardwood floor and some non-original parts. Car collectors can look at it and because of their expertise, they know what they are seeing.

I'm just wondering, having read a thousand or more mostly redundant complaints about card doctors, what is the point any more? Altered cards in this hobby are ubiquitous. Card doctors are apparently facing no adverse consequences. I see no lawsuits despite blowout's many, many examples.

I primarily collect game used flannels. Many otherwise nice shirts are out there with alterations. So, I do my homework, I've learned which AHs to trust and which to be very careful with, and which authenticators are good and which aren't (Dave Grob, incidentally, is hands-down my favorite.)

Rather than endless threads with people wringing their hands in angst over altered cards, at what point will it be universally understood that many many cards have been worked on, and that's simply become a major state of the hobby? If altered cards are a problem for someone, they have 3 choices: Learn how to avoid altered cards (knowing they cannot be sure all the time), stop collecting cards, or decide to live with the card hobby as it exists, and not stress about it.

Frankly, I think autographs are far more suspect than cards. With a vintage autograph, every single time, the first question is: Is it real? Generally there is not a definitive answer. Yet, many people collect autographs, accepting that dynamic. Seems to me, card collectors should likewise understand the same risk applies to cards.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-18-2021, 12:40 PM
Aquarian Sports Cards Aquarian Sports Cards is offline
Scott Russell
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,768
Default

Because the owner of the Victorian House and the Model A that have customizations or work done aren't representing them as all original? It's called fraud.
__________________
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CCAuctionHouse

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 04-18-2021 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-18-2021, 02:03 PM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 5,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I'm just wondering, having read a thousand or more mostly redundant complaints about card doctors, what is the point any more? Altered cards in this hobby are ubiquitous. Card doctors are apparently facing no adverse consequences. I see no lawsuits despite blowout's many, many examples.
If there was honesty in the sale of these items, as in, all presented as ALTERED and labeled as such, I wouldn't have an issue. However MAIL FRAUD and WIRE FRAUD bother me. As do the damage done to the thousands of cards worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Owners PAY PSA, SGC, BGS, and the others hundreds of millions of dollars annually to ACCURATELY identify and label their cards. The fact that those companies (hysterically referred to as Third Party Graders) are incompetent doesn't make it okay.

It would be the same if they changed the VIN, rolled back the odometer, applied bondo to the body, and sold it as a 100% original single owner through Barrett Jackson. Just because everyone seems to be in on the scam doesn't mean it's not a scam.
__________________
--
PWCC: The Fish Stinks From the Head
PSA: Regularly Get Cheated
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 04-18-2021 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-18-2021, 02:46 PM
Mark17's Avatar
Mark17 Mark17 is offline
M@rk S@tterstr0m
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
If there was honesty in the sale of these items, as in, all presented as ALTERED and labeled as such, I wouldn't have an issue. However MAIL FRAUD and WIRE FRAUD bother me. As do the damage done to the thousands of cards worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Owners PAY PSA, SGC, BGS, and the others hundreds of millions of dollars annually to ACCURATELY identify and label their cards. The fact that those companies (hysterically referred to as Third Party Graders) are incompetent doesn't make it okay.

It would be the same if they changed the VIN, rolled back the odometer, applied bondo to the body, and sold it as a 100% original single owner through Barrett Jackson. Just because everyone seems to be in on the scam doesn't mean it's not a scam.
Fine, I get it. Fraud is a bad thing. Does re-stating that sentiment, which we all agree on, in a new thread every few days accomplish anything?

Let's see some lawsuits. Short of that, let's accept reality and decide, individually or collectively, how to deal with it. Conversations about new, technically advanced authentication is a good example for instance.

If your buddy gets mugged on his way home from work one day, is it productive for him to whine about it constantly? Or would it be best for him to do what he can to help get the mugger locked up, and then figure out how to move on with life.

Look, I totally agree with your post. Already.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-18-2021, 03:26 PM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 4,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Fine, I get it. Fraud is a bad thing. Does re-stating that sentiment, which we all agree on, in a new thread every few days accomplish anything?

Let's see some lawsuits. Short of that, let's accept reality and decide, individually or collectively, how to deal with it. Conversations about new, technically advanced authentication is a good example for instance.

If your buddy gets mugged on his way home from work one day, is it productive for him to whine about it constantly? Or would it be best for him to do what he can to help get the mugger locked up, and then figure out how to move on with life.

Look, I totally agree with your post. Already.
Just shut up and do something about it, is a great way for nothing to ever get done about anything. It's essentially gaslighting.

"Whining", as you put it, is a way of passing on information, keeping it in the public consciousness, letting others know what to avoid who don't know that these Cracker Jacks have been trimmed before they were sent to the TPG's.

Very little of any consequence has ever been done, without a great deal of "whining" and hand-wringing involved.

Imagine if your buddy in the scenario you gave, identified the mugger to the police, had plenty of evidence to back it up and nothing ever got done about it.

Then that mugger kept on robbing your buddy over and over and over again. Identified every time, and nothing is ever done. Short of your buddy going full vigilante, at what point does he shut up and just learn to live with his daily muggings?

At what point do you point your finger at your buddy, tell him to shut his big fat whiny mouth and go "Death Wish", or figure out some way to reform the police force in his locale, and everything systemically wrong with it.............but do it quietly and without disturbing anyone else's sleep, or forum reading habits?

Last edited by D. Bergin; 04-18-2021 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-18-2021, 03:45 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Some people buy old houses...
Among the numerous issues I have with your post, although on a very minimal level I kind of get the point, nobody has ever bought a house that was certified to be in "brand new move in condition" only to walk in and find that the wall to the living room had been sliced off, without complaining about it.

Doug "can't think of a fitting witty nickname" Goodman
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-18-2021, 03:52 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
... Does re-stating that sentiment, which we all agree on, in a new thread every few days accomplish anything?...
Hopefully at some point it will, and until then people like you who are ok with your cards being less than perfect as long as the opinion sellers say they are better can stop reading all those new threads.

Or, you can read those threads, then state your opposite of the thread sentiments, and have people like me re-state my sentiments over and over and over.

Doug "my middle name is Dick" Goodman
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-18-2021, 03:57 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Just shut up and do something about it, is a great way for nothing to ever get done about anything. It's essentially gaslighting.

"Whining", as you put it, is a way of passing on information, keeping it in the public consciousness, letting others know what to avoid who don't know that these Cracker Jacks have been trimmed before they were sent to the TPG's.

Very little of any consequence has ever been done, without a great deal of "whining" and hand-wringing involved.

Imagine if your buddy in the scenario you gave, identified the mugger to the police, had plenty of evidence to back it up and nothing ever got done about it.

Then that mugger kept on robbing your buddy over and over and over again. Identified every time, and nothing is ever done. Short of your buddy going full vigilante, at what point does he shut up and just learn to live with his daily muggings?

At what point do you point your finger at your buddy, tell him to shut his big fat whiny mouth and go "Death Wish", or figure out some way to reform the police force in his locale, and everything systemically wrong with it.............but do it quietly and without disturbing anyone else's sleep, or forum reading habits?
His thoughts and prayers are with the victims...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
His thoughts and prayers are with the victims...
Doug "recently ordained" Goodman.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
Original circulation E98 Master set 112/120, Lord help me...
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-18-2021, 05:53 PM
Mark17's Avatar
Mark17 Mark17 is offline
M@rk S@tterstr0m
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post

Very little of any consequence has ever been done, without a great deal of "whining" and hand-wringing involved.

Imagine if your buddy in the scenario you gave, identified the mugger to the police, had plenty of evidence to back it up and nothing ever got done about it.
Your post is thoughtful and I see your point, but here's the distinction: In your analogy, victims are actually going to law enforcement repeatedly, with hard evidence. This is taking action, and if the police don't take it seriously, then action can be escalated to higher officials within the police or government, or to an attorney. Your example would in my opinion be very productive and appropriate.

All I'm saying, really, is this: If you're buying a house, car, or baseball card, look at it closely to know what you're getting. You can educate yourself to improve your chances of getting what you expect, you can decide not to buy, or you can buy on faith, take your chances and accept the outcome. I don't think this statement is controversial because it's the thought process we all go through.

I will readily admit you make a good point about spreading information; the work being done at blowout is definitely important - they are actually documenting evidence, and I do think spreading the word about their findings on this site has value in the sense that maybe somebody will recognize one or more of their high-end cards and finally decide to put together a legal case. Then, perhaps, this massive fraud might begin to be remedied. So in that, I admit there is some potential value in these types of threads.

But since it is abundantly evident that tens of thousands, maybe millions, of altered cards are out there, dealing with that reality seems to make more sense than just complaining about it ad nauseam. In this chat room, people are just conversing with each other, repeating the opinion that fraud is a bad thing, and being surprised/appalled/outraged anew with each new example.

And now I'll take advice I've given others - I will simply ignore these types of threads in the future. After reading dozens of them I pretty much know how they turn out... with people being even more frustrated than before, and little to nothing improving the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-18-2021, 05:57 PM
Mark17's Avatar
Mark17 Mark17 is offline
M@rk S@tterstr0m
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Hopefully at some point it will, and until then people like you who are ok with your cards being less than perfect as long as the opinion sellers say they are better can stop reading all those new threads.
This is silly. Understanding the obvious - that a bunch of cards have been altered - does not equate to condoning it.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-18-2021, 06:50 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

Man, I've been (justly) accused of a lot of things, but "whining" I don't think has been one of them. Since I start many of these threads, Mark, it would be pretty easy to put me on ignore. Meanwhile, since all I have is a voice but no other power to change things, I'll keep "whining" I guess.

** Not to get too literary or self-aggrandizing about it, but the full quote from Auden is, "All I have is a voice to undo the folded lie." A brilliant line.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-18-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-18-2021, 07:11 PM
Mark17's Avatar
Mark17 Mark17 is offline
M@rk S@tterstr0m
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Man, I've been (justly) accused of a lot of things, but "whining" I don't think has been one of them. Since I start many of these threads, Mark, it would be pretty easy to put me on ignore. Meanwhile, since all I have is a voice but no other power to change things, I'll keep "whining" I guess.

** Not to get too literary or self-aggrandizing about it, but the full quote from Auden is, "All I have is a voice to undo the folded lie." A brilliant line.
Whining was a poor choice of words and I apologize and I do think spreading the blowout evidence around has real value. Peter, you're one of the last people I would put on ignore as you make numerous good points.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-18-2021, 07:21 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

Look, I share your frustration that nothing seems to change, and if anything it gets worse. Maybe it's just tilting at windmills and won't end up doing any good at all but it feels to me better than the alternative of just saying eff it.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-18-2021, 07:26 PM
rjackson44's Avatar
rjackson44 rjackson44 is offline
octavio ranzola
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manhattan nyc,congers ny
Posts: 6,006
Default

Peter is a hobby legend thanks for the article
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-18-2021, 08:46 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,395
Default

Itís a slow process Peter but keep it up. Are knowledgeable collectors more excited or less excited about the Leaf set before or after the blowout thread?
Unless Iím buying Ted Zís personally pulled from the pack Leafs I really canít trust the set anymore. Smart collectors listen to this stuff and will act accordingly. There will be a time when wide honest borders are more valuable than skinny sharp borders.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
Original circulation E98 Master set 112/120, Lord help me...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-18-2021, 11:25 PM
benjulmag benjulmag is offline
CoreyRS.hanus
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 673
Default

Because of the staggering legal expense to bring a lawsuit and see it through -- a proposition at the end of the day after all appeals have been exhausted easily well into six-figures and likely reaching seven figures -- unless and until slabbed altered cards stop holding their value, who will have the financial motivation to bring such an action? PSA would regard such a lawsuit as an existential threat given its contingent liabilities IMO materially exceed its net worth and the case would probably drag on for years. And even if someone brought such an action as a matter of principal, if PSA acted rationally they would quietly make good on the guaranty, resell the cards on the open market and then return to business as normal.

To me this means that in order for anything constructive to happen from the civil perspective, either a new TPG grading company as I described earlier in this thread needs to enter the fray, or the whining not only needs to continue but needs to escalate. Maybe then in time the press will begin to cover this other side of the hobby, and if so maybe enough trepidation will begin to set in among individuals and funds about whether slabbed cards will hold their value. Then maybe the demand for such cards will begin to fall, and the market forces necessary for such a lawsuit to be rationally and successfully brought will come into play.

A lot of maybes, I agree, but to quote Peter, "maybe it's just tilting at windmills and won't end up doing any good at all but it feels to me better than the alternative of just saying eff it."

Last edited by benjulmag; 04-19-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-19-2021, 07:52 AM
Johnny630 Johnny630 is offline
Johnny MaZilli
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,615
Default

If this can be done with such ease on CJ Cards that are over 100 years old imagine what is being done to all the modern cards. Ugh.... this probably isn't even scratching the surface.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-19-2021, 08:34 AM
jchcollins's Avatar
jchcollins jchcollins is offline
J0hn Collin$
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 2,291
Default

At what point does alteration with cards become acceptable in the way it has with vintage comics? The problem in grading between the two hobbies (at least as I understand it; I don't know a ton about comics besides my lower grade raw collection of vintage MAD magazines...) is that the card hobby is still trying in many cases to put over altered cards as unaltered in numbered, regular slabs. Whereas with comics it's more acceptable for pages to be restored, etc. I get that a trading card is different than a comic in that it's just one piece of ephemera, not multiple pages stapled together. But at some point if this just keeps happening, would it not make sense to treat them the same? I know that "restored" comics go for less than true high grade unaltered, but in our hobby it's kind of the same thing already. A lightly trimmed Mantle card in an A holder that appears NM or better to the naked eye still isn't going to be cheap, if you know what I mean - even if it doesn't sell for the same heights as a truly unaltered PSA 7.

I see both sides of the argument. If we don't complain, "whine" about it, then the skulduggery aspect of this on the card side is unlikely to change. However, it's unlikely to change in reality based on what we have seen over the past 3-5 years anyway, isn't it? So is our only real hangup that we have this deception aspect of grading in our hobby where some other types of collectibles have moved on from that?

Me personally, I'm basically too small time to make a difference. I enjoy mid-to lower grade postwar vintage on a budget, for the most part. I've gotten pissed at graders (mostly SGC) lately, but more to do with their defective slabs and yo-yo pricing models. From here on out, I will likely be focusing mainly on lower grade, raw vintage from sellers that I have already grown to trust online. That way I figure both prices and risk of alteration can remain low. I would agree we are in a very odd place in the hobby with this as an issue right now...
__________________
Postwar stars & HOF'ers. 1967 & 1972 Topps sets. Hidden treasures of the Junk Wax era. Topps Heritage.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-19-2021, 09:18 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 4,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Your post is thoughtful and I see your point, but here's the distinction: In your analogy, victims are actually going to law enforcement repeatedly, with hard evidence. This is taking action, and if the police don't take it seriously, then action can be escalated to higher officials within the police or government, or to an attorney. Your example would in my opinion be very productive and appropriate.

All I'm saying, really, is this: If you're buying a house, car, or baseball card, look at it closely to know what you're getting. You can educate yourself to improve your chances of getting what you expect, you can decide not to buy, or you can buy on faith, take your chances and accept the outcome. I don't think this statement is controversial because it's the thought process we all go through.

I will readily admit you make a good point about spreading information; the work being done at blowout is definitely important - they are actually documenting evidence, and I do think spreading the word about their findings on this site has value in the sense that maybe somebody will recognize one or more of their high-end cards and finally decide to put together a legal case. Then, perhaps, this massive fraud might begin to be remedied. So in that, I admit there is some potential value in these types of threads.

But since it is abundantly evident that tens of thousands, maybe millions, of altered cards are out there, dealing with that reality seems to make more sense than just complaining about it ad nauseam. In this chat room, people are just conversing with each other, repeating the opinion that fraud is a bad thing, and being surprised/appalled/outraged anew with each new example.

And now I'll take advice I've given others - I will simply ignore these types of threads in the future. After reading dozens of them I pretty much know how they turn out... with people being even more frustrated than before, and little to nothing improving the situation.

Fair enough and appreciate your response. We are probably closer together on this then we realize.

Just at slightly different stages of "acceptance".

To be honest. I don't have much of a stake in this. I've done little more then dabble in graded cards, and never sent any cards in myself until the recent avalanche of grading craziness hit, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to see those few cards again, LOL.

I personally think it's too late to put the bullets back in the chamber for the grading companies. The established ones anyways. I've seen chatter that CSG is returning a lot of cards back to submitters, for various reasons. Valid or not. Maybe they will get the reputation of being more picky........at least where authenticity is concerned. Plenty of people already "whining" about the leniency given at the bottom of their number scale...........which I can only shrug my shoulders at, while the others are letting mass numbers of trimmed cards in at the top of the scale, where all the actual money is.

I have a few cards at their facility right now. I might not get those back anytime soon either.

The others either have to keep putting their head in sand, or start establishing a number scale for altered cards in order to satiate the high-enders. 10A, 9A, 8A, etc......
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-19-2021, 11:54 AM
JK's Avatar
JK JK is offline
Josh K.
member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
If this can be done with such ease on CJ Cards that are over 100 years old imagine what is being done to all the modern cards. Ugh.... this probably isn't even scratching the surface.
I've often wondered this myself. I don't collect or submit much in the way of modern cards, but it is nevertheless amazing to me that I have never once submitted a well centered, pack fresh, modern card with four sharp corners and no obvious issues that has received a grade higher than a 9.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-19-2021, 12:16 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
I've often wondered this myself. I don't collect or submit much in the way of modern cards, but it is nevertheless amazing to me that I have never once submitted a well centered, pack fresh, modern card with four sharp corners and no obvious issues that has received a grade higher than a 9.
That may not be representative. Last year just out of boredom I busted open a couple of boxes of 2018 product and submitted the better rookie cards, and a friend of mine did the same, and I think we got at least half PSA 10s.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-19-2021, 06:11 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

So far, according to a guy keeping score.

An accounting so far:

27 trimmed/altered 1915 Cracker Jacks in SGC holders. All of them graded 8, 8.5 , or 9 except for three.

Two cards of Walter Johnson. Three cards of Honus Wagner. Two cards of Christy Mathewson. Two cards of Joe Jackson. One card of Ty Cobb. 15 total members of the Hall of Fame.

Total approximate value if sold today: $1.6 million.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-19-2021, 10:37 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
At what point does alteration with cards become acceptable ...?

... I see both sides of the argument.
Never

and

There is only one side to the "argument". Either a card is altered or it is not altered, the opinion of the opinion seller has no bearing on that fact and has been proven time and again to be no better or worse than those of many of us, except that they just get paid more for theirs, even when it's shown to be wrong.

And yes Mark17, I'm re-stating my sentiment, much of which we all agree on, in a new thread every few days accomplishing probably nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wagner-00000001.jpg (77.5 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-19-2021 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Because I'm a dick
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-20-2021, 06:13 AM
jchcollins's Avatar
jchcollins jchcollins is offline
J0hn Collin$
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 2,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Never

and

There is only one side to the "argument". Either a card is altered or it is not altered, the opinion of the opinion seller has no bearing on that fact and has been proven time and again to be no better or worse than those of many of us, except that they just get paid more for theirs, even when it's shown to be wrong.

And yes Mark17, I'm re-stating my sentiment, much of which we all agree on, in a new thread every few days accomplishing probably nothing.
I meant "acceptable" in terms of the card that's altered being properly labeled as such. Alteration is acceptable already today to some collectors who seek out "A" slabs either due to the fact that they are more affordable, or otherwise somehow have a fit in their collection.

I would think we would all like to agree that altered cards in numbered slabs is a bad thing, but my point in saying what you quoted was if in time, if altered or restored as is used in the comic hobby filters over more to cards, will this somehow reduce the rate of altered cards fraudulently getting into numbered slabs? It may not, but that's what I was questioning.
__________________
Postwar stars & HOF'ers. 1967 & 1972 Topps sets. Hidden treasures of the Junk Wax era. Topps Heritage.

Last edited by jchcollins; 04-20-2021 at 06:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-20-2021, 06:34 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 6,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I meant "acceptable" in terms of the card that's altered being properly labeled as such. Alteration is acceptable already today to some collectors who seek out "A" slabs either due to the fact that they are more affordable, or otherwise somehow have a fit in their collection.

I would think we would all like to agree that altered cards in numbered slabs is a bad thing, but my point in saying what you quoted was if in time, if altered or restored as is used in the comic hobby filters over more to cards, will this somehow reduce the rate of altered cards fraudulently getting into numbered slabs? It may not, but that's what I was questioning.
I highly doubt it would help. The goal is to get the card in a numbered slab for a large monetary gain.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-20-2021, 07:08 AM
Johnny630 Johnny630 is offline
Johnny MaZilli
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I highly doubt it would help. The goal is to get the card in a numbered slab for a large monetary gain.

It would sicken you over the years how many times I've heard I don't what was done to the card if it's in a holder with a number grade.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-20-2021, 07:22 AM
jchcollins's Avatar
jchcollins jchcollins is offline
J0hn Collin$
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 2,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The goal is to get the card in a numbered slab for a large monetary gain.
And if this continues to be the sole goal, I don't see this as a problem going away anytime soon, if ever. Those who are making noise about this on the regular are in the relative minority when you look at who is buying and stockpiling valuable vintage slabs.

One of those things I think that is certainly not ideal, but reality.
__________________
Postwar stars & HOF'ers. 1967 & 1972 Topps sets. Hidden treasures of the Junk Wax era. Topps Heritage.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 04-20-2021, 08:57 AM
Arazi4442 Arazi4442 is offline
$cott Cl1nt0n
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I highly doubt it would help. The goal is to get the card in a numbered slab for a large monetary gain.
I posted earlier in this thread but I’ll repeat because it seems to apply here. If the graders are under trained/ uninformed/ incompetent then maybe you could see some changes and improvements made in the grading process. If, however, they are simply corrupt (handing out grades to high volume submitters, etc.) that’s a different story.

Last edited by Arazi4442; 04-20-2021 at 08:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-20-2021, 09:13 AM
jchcollins's Avatar
jchcollins jchcollins is offline
J0hn Collin$
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 2,291
Default

I'll pose another question simply out of ignorance, but has this type of problem (the alteration fraud being made worse with TPG's complicit...) ever occurred before in professional grading with stamps or coins? I don't know much about them, but the American Philatelic Society has a pretty lofty reputation. In an organization like that, is it simply because collectors / historians have a louder voice than dealers and those purely in it with the main goal of driving prices higher?
__________________
Postwar stars & HOF'ers. 1967 & 1972 Topps sets. Hidden treasures of the Junk Wax era. Topps Heritage.

Last edited by jchcollins; 04-20-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-20-2021, 10:16 AM
perezfan's Avatar
perezfan perezfan is offline
M@RK STÄ!NBERG
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi4442 View Post
I posted earlier in this thread but Iíll repeat because it seems to apply here. If the graders are under trained/ uninformed/ incompetent then maybe you could see some changes and improvements made in the grading process. If, however, they are simply corrupt (handing out grades to high volume submitters, etc.) thatís a different story.
But what if it's both?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-20-2021, 11:19 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
But what if it's both?
When I saw some of those clearly short cards in the D. Thorn thread on Blowout, I was convinced they had a self-service line.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-20-2021, 11:35 AM
Arazi4442 Arazi4442 is offline
$cott Cl1nt0n
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
But what if it's both?
Iím sure it is, with so many examples it almost has to be both to some extent. But I doubt itís a 50/50 split. My guess would be 80/20, leaning towards corrupt just based on the large batch groups of altered, graded submittals from BO.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-20-2021, 12:04 PM
HexsHeroes HexsHeroes is online now
Vincent Hecksel
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lansing Michigan
Posts: 502
Default

This thread both makes me chuckle, and shake my head at the same time. Brings up a bittersweet memory. I was about to purchase my first 1914 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb card from an on-line vendor. The card arrived in a sealed top-load holder. But something did not seem quite right. I normally would break the seal to take a closer look at the card, but doing so would have negated the dealerís clearly stated return privileges. After examining to the best of my ability, I noted that the card had a wavy shape, like potato chip or washboard. First thought was this card had previously been soaked, and air dried. Would explain the waviness. And lack of any notable staining, which I knew was unusual for a 1914 Cracker Jack card. The dealer had made no mention of any such issues in his listing. I initially considered keeping that card, resoaking, and drying in a press to flatten. But I ended up returning that card. Decided any dealer that would try to pass off a defective card was not worth enabling or supporting further.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-20-2021, 12:32 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I meant "acceptable" in terms of the card that's altered being properly labeled as such...
The opinion sellers have already shown themselves to be incapable of determining if a card has been altered at all, hence this thread, what makes you think they will ever be able to differentiate specific issues?

AND

How many people who worship at the altar of the slab would pay for such opinions, and after receiving them, keep the card in the slab?

Doug "It's laughable, so I laugh" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-20-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Because although it would have been a brilliant pun, it wasn't.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-20-2021, 12:36 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
The opinion sellers have already shown themselves to be incapable of determining if a card has been altered at all, hence this thread, what makes you think they will ever be able to differentiate specific issues?

AND

How many people who worship at the alter of the slab would pay for such opinions, and after receiving them, keep the card in the slab?

Doug "It's laughable, so I laugh" Goodman
The "alter" of the slab. Are you a bad speller or is that a brilliant pun?
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-20-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-20-2021, 12:42 PM
sb1 sb1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I'll pose another question simply out of ignorance, but has this type of problem (the alteration fraud being made worse with TPG's complicit...) ever occurred before in professional grading with stamps or coins? I don't know much about them, but the American Philatelic Society has a pretty lofty reputation. In an organization like that, is it simply because collectors / historians have a louder voice than dealers and those purely in it with the main goal of driving prices higher?
Coins have had rampant problems as well, with forgeries from S.E. Asia, fake slabs, lasered enhanced Gold coins and many more for the last two decades.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-20-2021, 02:40 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bored at home on day #449 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The "alter" of the slab. Are you a bad speller or is that a brilliant pun?
Damn I hate typos!

Can I still claim it as a brilliant pun?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dean's Cards - Deja Vu All Over Again Yoda Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 44 11-20-2018 05:58 PM
Deja Vu All Over Again Yoda Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 02-14-2017 08:57 AM
Dťjŗ Vu All Over Again JollyElm Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) 11 09-12-2015 09:13 AM
It's deja vu all over again........ Brian Van Horn Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 05-13-2014 08:45 AM
Recolored Card Pat R Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 15 07-14-2012 01:33 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 AM.


ebay GSB