NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2022, 09:19 AM
todeen's Avatar
todeen todeen is offline
Tim Odeen
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,297
Default WS Grill (the teeth kind)

I saw this on my news feed and wanted to share. I'm not sure this is a good use of the rookies money, but it's his money. So, would you rather have a tattoo or a grill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjPQYKya0SA

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
__________________
Barry Larkin, Joey Votto, Tris Speaker, 1930-45 Cincinnati Reds, T206 Cincinnati
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2022, 09:45 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I saw this on my news feed and wanted to share. I'm not sure this is a good use of the rookies money, but it's his money. So, would you rather have a tattoo or a grill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjPQYKya0SA

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
A big no vote for the grill. Not a fan of getting a tattoo either but you can hide most of them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2022, 11:15 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 5,314
Default

You can do whatever you want, I just found it a little weird that thereís a mini press conference going on while heís getting fitted for the piece.

Maybe he got the piece for free in exchange for the publicity for the jeweler?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2022, 11:49 AM
JustinD's Avatar
JustinD JustinD is online now
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, Mi
Posts: 2,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Maybe he got the piece for free in exchange for the publicity for the jeweler?
If anything itís helping Penaís reputation using Johnny Dang. Heís been the top custom jeweler to celebrities for years. Heís showing off by hiring him.

As for the tattoo vs grills argument, it would seem ridiculous to not pick the grill. Itís not a permanent thing, you can wear it when you feel like it, and while the cost exceeds the value of its parts, you can always sell the materials when the novelty wears off. The tattoo has absolutely none of those pluses. Also, as a guy who made that call several times in the 90s and is now a short stones throw from 50Ö you never think those tattoos age right along with you when you get them, lol.
__________________
- Justin D.


Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2022, 12:01 PM
G1911 G1911 is offline
Gr.eg McCl.@y
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4,874
Default

Houston is a weird place.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2022, 12:24 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
If anything itís helping Penaís reputation using Johnny Dang. Heís been the top custom jeweler to celebrities for years. Heís showing off by hiring him.

As for the tattoo vs grills argument, it would seem ridiculous to not pick the grill. Itís not a permanent thing, you can wear it when you feel like it, and while the cost exceeds the value of its parts, you can always sell the materials when the novelty wears off. The tattoo has absolutely none of those pluses. Also, as a guy who made that call several times in the 90s and is now a short stones throw from 50Ö you never think those tattoos age right along with you when you get them, lol.
or even worse you fly half way around the planet to get one from one of the OGs of tattooing and it ends up being a complete shit tattoo. Ask me how I know.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2022, 02:09 PM
JustinD's Avatar
JustinD JustinD is online now
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, Mi
Posts: 2,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
or even worse you fly half way around the planet to get one from one of the OGs of tattooing and it ends up being a complete shit tattoo. Ask me how I know.
As someone who usually wears a suit every day, it always surprises coworkers when they see me out running errands for some project on weekends and realize I have two full sleeves and one leg almost done.

Havenít got one in more than 20 years but still enjoy the funny reactions. I was great friends with quite a few artists back then and sitting seemed natural before we hit the town. Now that I remote work in DC but live in the Detroit suburbs, itís just the handful of people I referred locally I can run into. Although I fly into work occasionally for bigger meetings.

Who was the artist?
__________________
- Justin D.


Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2022, 03:27 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
As someone who usually wears a suit every day, it always surprises coworkers when they see me out running errands for some project on weekends and realize I have two full sleeves and one leg almost done.

Havenít got one in more than 20 years but still enjoy the funny reactions. I was great friends with quite a few artists back then and sitting seemed natural before we hit the town. Now that I remote work in DC but live in the Detroit suburbs, itís just the handful of people I referred locally I can run into. Although I fly into work occasionally for bigger meetings.

Who was the artist?
Bill Loika, had it done at Tattoo Peter when he was there about 12 years ago. I wanted to originally get one from Sjap but he was booked way too far out at the time. I only have the one and wanted to get it while in Amsterdam to see AC/DC. Not sure how popular either are now but you needed a few months to get into see Sjap then.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What kind of bat is this? JoeDfan Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 7 07-11-2018 05:12 AM
Ruth & Gehrig Charlie's Bar & Grill Cards? KMayUSA6060 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 15 12-21-2016 10:43 PM
Rare as Hens Teeth! Cardboard Junkie Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum 4 07-27-2013 08:46 AM
RIP: Rob Grill (lead singer of The Grass Roots) Robextend WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 0 07-12-2011 02:13 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:10 AM.


ebay GSB