NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-14-2022, 01:25 AM
Chuck Price

Default Bad Vibe About This eBay Seller

Something is not right here, or at least this is the vibe I’m getting. eBay seller Ledlightingsolution with over 1,100 feedbacks, no history of cards, and out of no where has just posted some fantastic cards, all graded PSA / SGC. The description on his cards is a total red flag, to me. The pics he posted don’t seem right. I could be wrong, maybe I’m not, judge for yourself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T20...-127632-2357-0

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 01-14-2022, 01:39 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

His account has been hacked. This has happened a few times with other accounts recently. I just reported to ebay. They will take remove the listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2022, 02:59 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Happening way too often lately.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:59 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Happening way too often lately.
It sure does. Looks like "egg.n.chips.clothing" was hacked by the same "info@pnw-shop.com"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/30430596706...2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

I've reported to ebay.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:59 AM
Ben North

I also reported them yesterday when I seen the game used Wade Boggs bat they have listed.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:12 AM
Se@n Kel.ly

The giveaway for me is they always post a nice PSA 2.5 Shoeless Joe Jackson Cracker Jack card. As soon as I see it, I check their other listings. Always a 1933 Goudey Ruth, and always a miscellaneous estate lot filled with spectacular graded 1955 Topps. It's always too good to be true.

Tonight they happened to have both of their hacked accounts listing the same Jackson card at the same time. They're barely trying, but if they can hook one fish before the listing is removed, they've made their money...
Old 01-14-2022, 06:15 AM
Dave Carson

Both of these sellers ended up today in several of my EBay emails. 52T Mays, 49B Paige among them. Didn’t seem right to me either. Particularly with item location Santa Monica from a UK based seller
Old 01-14-2022, 06:32 AM

More proof that eBay is trash and daily becoming a less viable resource for cards (or anything). The World’s largest marketplace has become the World’s largest cesspool

I literally look at eBay now only when I am bored, and I rarely buy anything off eBay nowadays

That said, great catch and thanks for posting
Old 01-14-2022, 07:07 AM

EBay really has stagnated. I have a fairly diverse watchlist - not just cards but other areas as well - and almost nothing has come off my watchlist unless I’m the one who bought it.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:14 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonhamlin View Post
EBay really has stagnated. I have a fairly diverse watchlist - not just cards but other areas as well - and almost nothing has come off my watchlist unless I’m the one who bought it.
It probably has a lot to do with getting a 1099 at $600. It isn't worth the BS if you are a collector selling a few cards to buy other cards.

I see the listings have been pulled.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-14-2022 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:27 AM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
It probably has a lot to do with getting a 1099 at $600. It isn't worth the BS if you are a collector selling a few cards to buy other cards.

I see the listings have been pulled.
So true +1 !!!

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:49 AM
Chris Biebuyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
The giveaway for me is they always post a nice PSA 2.5 Shoeless Joe Jackson Cracker Jack card. As soon as I see it, I check their other listings. Always a 1933 Goudey Ruth, and always a miscellaneous estate lot filled with spectacular graded 1955 Topps. It's always too good to be true.

Tonight they happened to have both of their hacked accounts listing the same Jackson card at the same time. They're barely trying, but if they can hook one fish before the listing is removed, they've made their money...
Another big giveaway is the widely varying picture format, because they're just stealing the pics from other sites and listings. For example some of the pics have the probstein stamps on them, so you know they stole that pic right from his listing. This has happened quite a few times now. As an eBay store owner it really gets under my skin.

Chris
iconsportscards

Last edited by iconsportscards; 01-14-2022 at 09:52 AM.