NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Default I'm new here this is my first post!!

Posted By: Nick Schirripa

Can someone please tell me what the heck is that plastic insert PSA puts in their slabs, it looks all wavy sorta like a border around the card???? Thanks

Old 04-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

sometimes they use this plastic because they dont have a holder for certain size cards, so they "mickey mouse it"....welcome aboard!
pete-

Old 04-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick Schirripa

Pete When you say mickey mouse it does that mean its a less quality slab?? Cause I just Received a Cobb Red Back in a slab with that plastic. And would it be worth less in that pericular slab??

Old 04-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glenn

The short answer is no. It isn't really worth any less, but because it is a less attractive way of slabbing the card (and for other reasons), most of the pre-war card collectors here prefer SGC to PSA.

Old 04-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Wesley

PSA should have custom size holders for T206 cards. Can you post a scan so we can see what you are talking about?

Old 04-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Here is example of bothhttp://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1112490132.JPG for some reason this picture won't show up. sorry

Old 04-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Old 04-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick

Damn I cant figure this photo upload its not working Anyways between the edge of card and the first border of the hard plastic slab is where this thin condom is about 5/8ths of an inch all the way around Any more comments about this condom crap I think I'm calling PSA and telling them to reslab the card for me

Old 04-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

so I guess it is better for keeping acidic and other pollutants out. But it don't fit...

Old 04-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Leon or anyone on this board, can you tell me how my pictures of the 2 cobbs got posted under Glenn's ID at 08:12 pm.?

Joe

Old 04-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TimJ

I have yet to get a card graded,so all the graded cards I have seen are scanned.I didn't realize that what I was seeing in the scans could be an insert.Just as Julie pointed out that there is an insert,an insert of this kind being PH neutral could help buffer the paperstock from succuming to it's own acid content.If you have a PH neutral buffer against a media that has an acid content,it can slow the natural acid degredation of the card itself.Just as a note,my experience as an archival framer,I have actually seen prints with "brown acid related dammage"reversed to an extent by sandwiching the piece for a period of time in PH neutral paper.The acid content will tend to "migrate" to the Ph neutral paper,thus reducing the acidity of the piece.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

If he didn't post them then I guess there is some minute chance that by updating something, something could get posted to someone else's post. I have no idea otherwise. As far as I know there are only a few people (either 2 or 3) that could edit someone's post, and then it will say whom edited it. Brian Mcqueen, Elliot- might still have moderator status and it's ok, and myself are the only ones with that abilitiy. Could be a system glitch if this erroneous pic post happened? Also, someone is probably cutting and pasting in this thread. I've seen that make the margins get too wide. Keep trying...it's gets easier to post pics and stuff as you learn how better....regards

Old 04-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Thanks Leon, sounds like a glitch in the system, those are my 2 cards under Glenn's ID

Joe

Old 04-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Hi Joe,

No glitch in the system; I was just trying to help. I copied your URL since it looked like you wanted the picture posted and it wasn't working for you. In retrospect I should have probably asked your permission first. Sorry about that.

Glenn

Old 04-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the info Glenn, I tried to put those out 3 times so I thought something weird happened. Seems hit and miss for me to get any pictures posted. no problem

Joe