NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

auggiedoggy

I want to respect the members here so I will try and stick with one topic once every other day (I am a rookie with a LOT of questions and most here are seasoned vets so I will take my time and read a lot before asking question after question).

Thanks looking forward to receiving the Comiskey card...yeah my brother and I are very close and he does stuff like this once and a while because he knows I love collecting and he knows I am trying to get in deep into the older stuff in baseball and it's history he does it to encourage me.

Last edited by Zone91; 04-11-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Ken Wirt

You can learn an awful lot about the great players of the past, from the Hall of Fame website (link below). Especially the member bios. Happy collecting!

http://baseballhall.org/
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

triwak

Thanks I saved your link.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 PM
qu@n nguy3n

is your brother currently reading any baseball books? does he also have any question about baseball cards? maybe he can register here and the members will gladly answer them.

i tell my family the worst thing they can do is buy me baseball cards. there are many "sharks" in the hobby waiting for fresh meat, and i don't want them "getting bent over dry".
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

chaddurbin

No he just simply knew I was keeping a eye on that particular card. I think the price he paid for the card was fair it looks nice for a 2 MK.

Last edited by Zone91; 04-11-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
chaddurbin

No he just simply knew I was keeping a eye on that particular card. I think the price he paid for the card was fair it looks nice for a 2 MK.
Zone,

I know you're taking some flack about your posts and I see you've really listened and reduced the volume drastically. I like joking around as much as the next guy and don't have any ill will towards you as it appears you're truly excited about this hobby. I haven't looked to see what part of Canada you're from but was wondering if the grammar issues and lack of punctuation are related to English being a second language. I'd think you'd get through a sentence just fine with your education so if you primarily speak French then you should let everyone know and maybe catch some slack as a result. Nelson's English is far superior to my French but perhaps a good example of how a language barrier could be misleading. He's obviously intelligent and well spoken so nobody criticizes his posts when they're not in perfect English. Is it possible that your first language is French? I don't possess the greatest command of the English language so know that I'm not judging, just trying to help out.

Congratulations on the card. An OJ HOFer is cool no matter what.

Eric
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Tao_Moko

Yes my 1st language is indeed french. I try my best in English. I was born into a English family but did ALL my studied in french.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
AMBST95

People in Canada again 99% do not even know anything about hockey before 1952 so imagine their knowledge of baseball. Most people do not even know that hockey trophies take their names from hockey players in the early 1900's that actually played hockey in the NHL.

What team did Lady Byng play for?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

frankbmd

Lady Byng was the wife of Canada's Governor-General in the 1920's.

Last edited by Zone91; 04-13-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
What team did Lady Byng play for?
It's too early for your jokes about spouses in politics. Besides,

....she was a great human byng.

Back to topic, I was so excited to see that zone's getting into OJ's. I'm looking forward to reading about each new acquisition, and also the prequel threads that discuss the potential acquisitions. If you were a sport, you would take care of the 1-week, 2-week, 3-week, etc., post-purchase threads asking how each new card is acclimating to his collection. But no, you'd rather 'dry humor' us to death with your 90-year old political dribble, when there are so many potential new card threads available.

Hey, did you see where REA threw you a plug? One of their T206 lot description said "improve your monster number."

Have a happy Saturday - that's it from rainy Seattle.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Luke Lyon

Default haha!

Frank's been cracking me up in these zone threads. It's like zone is the opening act, and you just have to come back later to see the Frank show. I'm also posting from rainy Seattle. I need to get myself to the gym but it's tough to get moving this morning.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLyon View Post
Frank's been cracking me up in these zone threads. It's like zone is the opening act, and you just have to come back later to see the Frank show. I'm also posting from rainy Seattle. I need to get myself to the gym but it's tough to get moving this morning.
My girlfriend just called me from the gym across the Sound, so you have no excuses. Personally, I'm just sitting here with the dog, using Net54 to wake up. Zoned and Frank are better than coffee.

...and I'm getting a little pissed at all the autobid/outbid emails I keep getting this morning. There's someone(s) bidding on SCD and REA lots like one of those $1 ebay bumpers.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Zoned and Frank are better than coffee.
Striking similarity to "Franny and Zooey". If you insist on using plagiaristic
literary references, I insist on proper sequencing. Shame on you, Scott.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Striking similarity to "Franny and Zooey". If you insist on using plagiaristic
literary references, I insist on proper sequencing. Shame on you, Scott.
Great, so I guess both the title of my new book, AND my pen name (P J Salisbury) have to be abandoned?
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Luke Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
My girlfriend just called me from the gym across the Sound, so you have no excuses. Personally, I'm just sitting here with the dog, using Net54 to wake up. Zoned and Frank are better than coffee.

...and I'm getting a little pissed at all the autobid/outbid emails I keep getting this morning. There's someone(s) bidding on SCD and REA lots like one of those $1 ebay bumpers.
I made it, in case anyone was holding their breath
Old 04-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

What part of Seattle? Posting from a sushi place in SLU.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Belltown Vintage

Jeff-I'm at a coffee shop near Safeco but heading home near the space needle. Send me a Pm if you get some free time and want to grab a coffee/beer
Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Luke Lyon

North Seattle here.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:54 PM

Haha I love the pen name P J Salisbury.