NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Default Minnesota Gathering

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I would like to throw out the idea of a Minnesota gathering. I am suggesting August 4th as a possible date. I have 4 tickets for the Twins that day. Or another date if someone has an idea.

If there are people out there interested let me now. I know there use to be a Bennigan's that had T206s in there decor and thought that would be a neat place to get together if it is still open. Also I don't remember where it was, possibly Edina area.

Let me know if anyone is interested,

Lee

Old 07-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

I'd love to, except my wife and I are season ticket holders at the Guthrie Theatre, and the season opener for is that night. Wouldn't ya' know it. if the date changes, count me in. I'm up in White Bear. So I will be willing to travel where ever to chat with fellow collectors.

Edited to add: My family and I are throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at the Twins - Tigers game this Wed. night(The 18th). We get to sit in on batting practice, and sit up in the owners box for the remainder of the game. My son and I once sat through a twins game, with Bert B. and Dick B., in the broadcast booth. very fun. Tight quarters up there, let me tell you.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Mike,

If the 4th works, we will probably be gathering around noon, the game starts at 6. Send me your email.

Lee

Old 07-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

I think I'll be around...I'll attend if I am for sure!

pete ullman

Old 07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

If you guys can stomach the company of a PSA Registry guy that has begun to dabble in pre-war cards, I'd love to put some faces with screen names.

Soren

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean BH

Lee,
You should be able to count me in, I will check my schedule today. Will Jay be coming?

Sean BH

Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I'll be there.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Bump to see if there is more interest. If one of you that live in the Cities now of a good place to meet open for suggestions. Also I will have 2 tickets for the Twins available that day if any of you attending are interested let me know, they are $44, 2 and three rows above the Twins dugout. Pete will verify they are really good seats.

Please let me know,

Lee

Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Here are a few ideas, I won't be able to attend the game but can meet up before:
Town Hall Brewery - It's near the dome and a good place for beer and food
Brit's Pub - Really good beer and football/soccer should be on
Hooters - Need I say more?

Sean BH

Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator

My family (my son) Threw out the first pitch at the twins game last night. But we were all down on the field. We then sat in the Pohlad family seats. Hey, how come they get cushioned seats? Nice. It was the longest low scoring game I can recall. Went on and on....fun though. By the way, Mr. Pohlads sister passed away earlier this week. Dorothy Dolphin. a college friend of mine used to work for her and her son Greg. I will attend if it falls on a night where I'm free.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John H.

We're coming down to Minneapolis from Winnipeg next week but unfortunately we'll be back home by the 4th. I hope to be back for a Vikings game this season.

Mike, what's your connection to the Twins' brass?

John

Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

i have plans that night...but can probably meet up before the game.

pete ullman

Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Lee and I live in Alexandria, along I-94. You are welcome to stop by and we can you show the giant Viking in town, lol. We also have the only winery in the state of MN.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator

John H., send me an email. Maybe we can get together while are traveling you.

If there are any lurkers out there that would like to attend please email me.

leebehrens@charter.net

Lee

Old 07-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Hey Yoda, nice sentence there

Jay

Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Just bumping to verify that there will be a gathering. If those that plan on attending can give confirmation here or by my email that would be great. I have left it up to Sean to pick the meeting place so I will let him post it here.

I look forward to the gathering,

Lee

Old 07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

Was just back this month and will be at the National when you guys get together. Might see you though--on TV--as my hopes to see a game at the Jake were dashed when I learned that the Tribe was playing at the Metrodome.

Show the usual Minnesota hospitality, i.e. offer to post bail on the non-violent felonies.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Not much connection to the Twins Brass. (some, but not much) I won this event at a fundraiser for a twin Cities young man who lost his legs in Iraq. I was the high bidder. I can't think of a better cause. Veering off into some OT here, but, I am very much against government handouts, but in the case of our military folks, they deserve much better than they get from our country. Who deserves compensation more than they do? They protect us weaklings, so we can do mundane things like collect baseball memorabilia. God bless our soldiers.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Administrator

I think we should meet at the Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery...I assume everyone likes beer. It's close to the dome and 35W (It's next door to the Holiday Inn).

http://www.townhallbrewery.com/

Not sure of a time but I can't make the game; it says the game starts at 2:55 pm on the Twins website.

Sean BH

Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the update on the time of game. It looks like the game will be on Fox that day. Will it change the plans for anyone going to the game? Maybe I think noon would be a good time to get together. What is the parking like? ramp or there own lot?

Lee

Old 07-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Administrator

There is a large ramp next to the Holiday Inn and parking is usually around $5.

Sean BH

Old 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Hoist one for me at the game, I am the most rabid Twins fan south of the Mason-Dixon line. (born in Minneapolis).
By the way, Luis Castillo is no longer a Twin. He was traded along with his +.300 average to the Mets for Sal Butera's son down in AA and a guy hitting .289 in Class A ball who averages a strikeout every fourth time to the plate. I guess this saves 6 million dollars but if Ryan isn't using this to re-do Hunter's contract, the guy's an idiot. With Punto at the Mendoza line, the Twins need a bat badly! Trade Silva and throw in Juanoid Rincon who's never been the same since his steroid suspension, Lew Ford and Jeff Cirillo for someone who can actually hit!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Hi, We will be meeting around 11:30 in front of the Town Hall Brewery. Hope to see a few people there.

Lee

Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator

same old Twins team TBob....Their management will not bend. Never have, never will.....In hindsight, it has to be one of the greatest sports miracles of all time, that two World series were won with this ownwership.