NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Default Remember when Acu-Card sold snap-together slabs?

Posted By: jack goodman

I believe it was in the 80's that a guy named Hager(?) and a company called Acu-Card sold "arrowhead" holders which were the snap-together version of the ubiquitous slab. I purchased a bunch cause I thought they would be a safe way to hold some of my cards. It even gave me the opportunity to create my own label (I just didn't have the smarts to give my own grading a name.) Here's a sample of one of the cards I slabbed myself. A little superglue in the corners would make it fairly impervious to easy opening. Did anyone else buy these or was I their only customer? And better yet, are any of these slabs showing up in the marketplace as "legit?" Just wonderin'.

Old 12-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

Hager was a man ahead of his time. If only he had not been seduced by the dark side...

Old 12-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PASJD

I had a bunch of those at one point in the early 90s I think it was. I think they were called the Arrowhead holder by Hager, and I believe PSA had to pay him some sort of license fee because their design was similar.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

at a convention, he said that the holders were HIS patent and that PSA had paid him a bunch of money to use them. But from my experience, it wouldn't be the first time he didn't recall something correctly.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

i'd love to get some that would hold goudey/diamond stars size cards.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Albie O'Hanian

I believe the great man himself Alan Hager still sells those holders. Check out his website.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Does anyone have this persons web URL?

Old 01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

Don't have a website address, but here's the information from a business card of his: Acu-Card, Inc., 65 High Ridge Rd., Ste. 227, Stamford, CT 06905. 203-968-0687 office and 203-968-0634 fax. The card is probably 4-5 years old. Hope this helps. Maybe one of the board that lives near Stamford can follow up.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jj fornal

If you go to eBay and punch in ahcollectibles as a seller you will come up with his site. The eBay site might be ah-collectibles try it if the other one fails.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Dwyer

http://www.asa-accugrade.com/