NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-24-2018, 08:34 AM
Al

Default Closing Tonight - Love of the Game Auctions

Hi everybody:

Hope all is well.

Just a reminder that the Love of the Game Spring Auction is closing tonight.

The auction is highlighted by an awesome collection of both baseball and football "Pre-Rookie" material, including a wonderful 1871 Osceola Base Ball club (framed to 22" x 19.5") team photo featuring Orator Jim O'Rourke. Also included is a pre-rookie cabinet of Mordecai Brown, pre-rookie postcards of Ty Cobb, Hal Chase/Harry Hooper, Tris Speaker, Casey Stengel, Rogers Hornsby, Hack Wilson and lots more.

On the football side, there are a ton of HOF pre-rookies, including one of only two known 1934 Diamond Matchbook Walt Kieslings, a card that for years was only rumored to exist.

The auction features our largest selection of Type 1 photos ever, and more than 100 lots of baseball postcards.

The 1934 Tour of Japan is well-represented, with one of three known examples of a signed Ruth/Gehrig/Foxx photo, as well as a team-signed baseball featuring members of a Hawaiian all-star team they played on their way to Japan.

Also featured is the 1917 Tim Murnane Day "All-Star" photo including Joe Jackson, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson and more, a gorgeous 1916 Stag Sweaters Boston Red Sox team photo with Babe Ruth, and a 1912 Boston Garter Advertising display with Hughie Jennings.

We've also got fantastic 1934 Goudey and N162 sets, and are breaking up a beautiful 1923 Maple Crispette set, an Ullman Postcard set, and a Brush Postcard set (minus Cobb). There's also a beautiful, PSA-graded N43 near set. We've also got a fantastic selection of T205, T206, 1952 Bowman Small football, and signed 1933 Goudeys.

Extended bidding begins tonight at 9pm Eastern, and closes according to the "Double Overtime" method.

Best of luck to everyone bidding, and thanks!

If you're so inclined, here's a link to the auction.

-Al
Old 03-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Ch.ris_Hel.mers

Great selection, Al!

Good luck bidding everyone!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Jason Wells

Looking forward to the end!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:03 PM
Al

Hi All:

Just a reminder - we're now in extended bidding.

Even WITH the "Double Overtime" session, the auction is open under the 15 minute rule. If at any time the auction goes 15 minutes without a bid, the entire auction will close.

At 2AM EASTERN TIME, any lot that has not received a bid in the prior hour will close. The remaining lots will stay open in "Double Overtime" until none of them have received a bid for 15 minutes.

Good luck, everyone!

-Al
Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Thanks Jeff P.
This was my 1st consignment, and gotta say I was a tad worried on expectations around
5pm. Checked out the results this morning and gotta say I am more than pleased with the result.
Will definitely do it again next time.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 03-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Gary McNabb

Default Love of the Game auctions

Years ago I was able to pick up a N172 Deacon McGuire for my Yankee type collection. I wanted a player who was with the Highlanders but played before the teams existence . I became aware that there are many poses of these cards which added to my excitement and the passion of the hunt. Years went by and no more McGuires until this last auction. I just added not one but two more poses of McGuire from this last auction (I think/hope). I don't know if I got a good deal or if I paid to much.....I don't care !!!!! I am so happy to add these cards to my collection .

I'm not sure but I think I now have three of the four known poses not counting the different printing variations .

I also wonder if there is anyway to find out the history of past owners of these cards ???
Old 03-25-2018, 12:27 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Finally filled this hole in my women in baseball collection. Have been hoping to pick one up for quite a while. Not the best condition wise but the price was good.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Danny Gabel

Default .

Anyone here won the lot #448 of 15 T206 cards? I would love to talk with the buyer for one card that I would love to have.

Best,
Danny
Always buying Deaf Sports related, William Hoy, Luther Taylor, George Kihm, Grover Alexander, Dick Sipek, Curtis Pride, Carlton Molesworth, Lou Burdette, Gil McDougald, Ralph Lin Weber, Gallaudet University

Set
1909 E-91A (23/33)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor (109/199)
Old 03-25-2018, 12:41 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

I was happy to end up with both of these photos of Claude Berry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Berry1-horz.jpg (7.2 KB, 207 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 03-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Jack Vernon

My one win last night, almost went in harder on the Wood but figured one was enough

Last edited by Seiklis; 03-25-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:05 PM
Jason Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
I was happy to end up with both of these photos of Claude Berry.
Those are really cool photos. Similar to T209-2 poses to me with the stands in the background. I thought about bidding on them but I was tied up in another lot. Great pickups.