NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Joe Drelich

Default CSA Shows The Chantilly Show July 15-17th. Net54 Members FREE admission 300 tables!

Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show on July 15-17th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 19th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition at the end of 2015,bringing the showroom floor to over 100,000 square feet of sports card heaven. We have dealers from 19 different states exhibiting on over 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. As well as 68 autograph guests, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply show
this email, and as a Net54 member you will get in for FREE!Also new Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.

$1,000 given away ! We are giving away $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars 5 times
on Saturday and 5 times on Sunday. No strings attached, just free money
to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as
an 8 card Super Star/Hall Of Fame cards packs being handed out to the first 1,000 people on Saturday and Sunday.Free Card binder and pages to the
first 20 kids 12 or under on Saturday and Sunday.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com
Old 06-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Jason Wells

I cant wait Joe its a good show and a perfect warmup for the National. My son and I will be there on Friday.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:49 PM

Default Should be a great time

Any great golf courses in the area? Would like to play Friday or Saturday morning.

Last edited by bigfish; 06-29-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Larrie Dean

Default A Net54 member/dealer at Chantilly

We will be at the July Chantilly Show! We have been present at the Chantilly Shows for 15 years! There is always a great selection of Vintage cards. Stop by our tables across from the back wall and mention this posting and receive a 10% discount. For this show only there will be a 20% discount on all our Goudey cards! We have tables 623, 625 and 627.

See you there!
Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards (NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087

Last edited by larrie804; 07-07-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie804 View Post
Dean's House of Cards (NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087
LOL, that's good otherwise 20% off only gets you to 150% of other dealer's prices.

Talking with Joe now, but it looks like I'll be doing Chantilly for the first time will update with location when I know. Then you can all see how small potatoes I am!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 06-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Larrie Dean

Default The July Chantilly Show

Scott

You are confusing Dean's House of Cards, my business, with Dean's Cards. Sixty-five per cent of my cards are sold to dealers and dealers would not be buying from us if ours were all overpriced.

Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards
Old 07-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Scott Russell

I'll be there as well, but I don't have my table location as yet. Look me up mention net54 for 10% off.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Brian Dwyer

Robert Edward Auctions will be set up again at booths 100, 100a, and 102 right in the front of the room. We'll have some incredible auction highlights on display all weekend, and we'll be accepting consignments for inclusion in the October auction. If you'd like to make an appointment to drop off items, please feel free to email us.

Please stop by the booth to say hello and check out some of the great items coming up in the Fall Auction.

Brian
Old 07-06-2016, 10:00 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

I am going to the show on Saturday. It will be the first show that I've attended since the early 90's. Would anybody else going on Saturday be interested in a Net54 "meet and greet"? There's a Bob Evans close if people wanted to meet for breakfast before the show starts or there's a Green Turtle Sports Bar and Grille really close if people would rather meet for lunch. I'm just not sure how easy it is to leave the show for lunch and then re-enter. I would do either one. Is anybody else interested or have another suggestion as to where and when to meet?
Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Scott Russell

Usually get your hand stamped, and since admission is free for net54 members it should be even easier. Waiting to hear back on my booth number but I hope to meet a lot of you there!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-06-2016, 11:15 AM

I'll be going to the show on Friday. Looking forward to seeing other Net54 members.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Val Kehl

I always attend on Fridays, which have been free admission as long as I can remember. However, per the Chantilly Show web site, there is now a $5 admission on Friday until 6 p.m., and free after 6 p.m. So, don't forget to bring a copy of this thread (see post #1) for free admission when the show opens. I wonder if wearing my Net54 pin would suffice.
Val
Old 07-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
I always attend on Fridays, which have been free admission as long as I can remember. However, per the Chantilly Show web site, there is now a $5 admission on Friday until 6 p.m., and free after 6 p.m. So, don't forget to bring a copy of this thread (see post #1) for free admission when the show opens. I wonder if wearing my Net54 pin would suffice.
Val
Maybe a pin and a T shirt would get you in?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Scott Russell

Table 609. Be sure to come say hi, and don't forget 10% discount for n54 members!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 07-07-2016, 11:20 AM
B.ob L.amb

Default Chantilly

We will be at booth 114-116. While most of our setup will be signed sports memorabilia, I will have a showcase with some Prewar cards and memorabilia. stop by and say hi!
Old 07-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesareempty View Post
We will be at booth 114-116. While most of our setup will be signed sports memorabilia, I will have a showcase with some Prewar cards and memorabilia. stop by and say hi!
The card show I set up at today (DallasCardShow) had a little vintage including pre-war. Sold some mid grade Rookie HOF'ers and a common or two and had a lot of fun. It is always nice to see vintage Good luck at the show!!

Last edited by Leon; 07-09-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Kin K.

Nice touch, making admission free for Net54 members.
T206/T213 Scoops Carey back run: 4/4 !00% complete

Focus: open wheel/Indy 500 cards (1911 ATC Auto Drivers (T36), 1954 Stark & Wetzel 500 Winners, 1960 Parkhurst Indy Speedway Winners & 1960s Marhoefer Indy 500), match books & post cards.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets, jp1216 & sebie43; RAKs from CW & LuckyLarry
Old 07-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Val Kehl

I doubt that many Chantilly Show attendees are aware that one of the regular dealers, who has set up at the Chantilly Show for as far back as I can remember, is also one of the 13 collectors who attended the "first-ever sports collectors' convention -- August 23, 1969" held in Brea, CA. I am referring to Don Ortolani, who has lived in No. Va. for quite some time. Don told me about this several years ago, and just now, I was tickled to see his name and pic in the reports of this first convention that have been so kindly provided for our reading pleasure by David Kathman:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...43#post1561543

Don, who is usually assisted by his lovely wife Susan, is a really nice guy, and I think he'd be thrilled by anyone stopping by his tables (335, 337, 339, & 341) and mentioning that you read about him on Net54.
Val

Last edited by ValKehl; 07-16-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: To correct the name of Don's wife.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Scott Russell

That's very cool. Thanks for sharing Val

Old 07-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I doubt that many Chantilly Show attendees are aware that one of the regular dealers, who has set up at the Chantilly Show for as far back as I can remember, is also one of the 13 collectors who attended the "first-ever sports collectors' convention -- August 23, 1969" held in Brea, CA. I am referring to Don Ortolani, who has lived in No. Va. for quite some time. Don told me about this several years ago, and just now, I was tickled to see his name and pic in the reports of this first convention that have been so kindly provided for our reading pleasure by David Kathman:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...43#post1561543

Don, who is usually assisted by his lovely wife Nancy, is a really nice guy, and I think he'd be thrilled by anyone stopping by his tables (335, 337, 339, & 341) and mentioning that you read about him on Net54.
Val
That is very cool. I hope a few kind folks will stop by and say hi to this well seasoned hobbyist. (whom I unfortunately don't have the pleasure of knowing, yet)
Old 07-14-2016, 09:49 PM
Val Kehl

Scott & Bob,
FYI, I don't see either of your names on the Chantilly Show's list of attending dealers!?!
http://csashows.com/?page_id=10320
Old 07-15-2016, 04:15 AM
Scott Russell

can't get on to the CSA site this morning

Old 07-15-2016, 06:44 AM
Jason Stricker

I'll be at the show Friday afternoon.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
can't get on to the CSA site this morning
Still can get on to the CSA web site at 11 a.m. - not good! I was going to print out the list of dealers and table locations to take with me to the show.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Rich Klein

Site is working now
Old 07-15-2016, 02:29 PM
Scott Russell

where are you guys I have a bargain bin full of t205's at $20 apiece 5 for $75 and it si sitting there ignored!!! Table 609!

Old 07-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Val Kehl

Scott, I was at the Show for 5 hours this afternoon, and I intended to stop by your table (and Bob Lamb's) to say hello. However, as far as I could tell, there are no markings anywhere to enable a show attendee to locate specific table numbers. I asked both the ticket office attendee and the ticket taker at the entrance how to find your table, and both individuals had no clue. I also asked if there was a floor layout showing where dealers were located, and was told "no." At this point, I gave up. But, now that you mention it, I do recall stopping at a table that had the bargain bin of T205s - I actually picked up a few for a closer look, but then passed on them as I am not a T205 collector. Hope you have a good show.
Val
Old 07-16-2016, 06:47 AM
Scott Russell

damn, sorry I "missed" you. the map is on CSA's website if you go to exhibitor information. I'll say something about making them available to the public. Joe you listening???

Old 07-16-2016, 07:57 AM
Scott Russell

well, bin just got emptied, but stop by and say hi anyway, still lots of good stuff, just not $15 t205's!

Old 07-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Scott Russell

took us a while but my next door neighbor and I realized that we were each n54 members. (mzljapan) he just bought 31 P2 pins from me! good day, stop by and say hi! Go thought the doors, go all the way to the right and we're near the beginning of the aisle on the left.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:26 PM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

I was there this morning. I was able to find and meet Scott. Nice guy. He gave me 10% off a T207 Oakes for being a Net54 member. I also added a couple T206's and a D322 for my Pirates collection.

I had money to spend on Prewar cards, and since I drove 2 hrs. to get there, I was leaving with something. There were a couple of dealers who didn't seem to want to give me the time of day but had stuff I was interested in. So, they probably lost a couple sales. I gave my business to the ones that said hello, asked what I collected, searched through their inventory, and showed me what they had.

It was my first show in almost 30 years. There wasn't a ton of Prewar, but overall, it wasn't a bad way to spend a Saturday morning. I'll probably go to another in the future.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
damn, sorry I "missed" you. the map is on CSA's website if you go to exhibitor information. I'll say something about making them available to the public. Joe you listening???
Chantilly used to have a stack of floor maps at the door. Not anymore. Also would love it if the tables had their table number on it so when dealers tell you what table they are at, you could actually find it!

jeff
Old 07-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Scott Russell

Last hour deal, 20% off for Net 54 members.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:08 PM
d.ean

I hit the show today (Sunday). I arrived just after noon. The parking lot was crowded so I was expecting a madhouse inside, but that was not the case. Very calm and no lines. I was there to add Frank Thomas to a HOF piece. The space is configured differently, and there was plenty of room. Saw the same dealers with the same material. There was even a Corvette parked on the show floor. Memorabilia wise, nothing really piqued my interest. I spoke with few dealers and most said the show was okay. Frank Thomas was very cordial and seemed to be having a good time.

The show is well run. The new autograph chute is an improvement over the mass of people huddled around a small entrance. Folks still tend to congregate there the thinking being they will miss the guest. PA system was great, with plenty of number updates and last calls and photo op information for each guest. The added signage for autograph numbers is a good idea, but ideally the board needs to be well above eye level.

Odd thing of the day, a collector had a nice rather large framed Deion Sanders Atlanta Falcon jersey and photos etc.. I saw the guy lugging this thing around for most of the time I was there. When I was in line for Frank Thomas, I glanced and saw Deion about to sign the guys piece. The guy had Deion sign the thin plexiglass that covered the piece not the jersey itself. Deion hesitated and signed the plexiglass. I don't see that signature lasting long on that material and at $100 a pop for Deion's signature......ouch.

Last edited by Huck; 07-17-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:17 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post

$1,000 given away ! We are giving away $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars 5 times
on Saturday and 5 times on Sunday. No strings attached, just free money
to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as
an 8 card Super Star/Hall Of Fame cards packs being handed out to the first 1,000 people on Saturday and Sunday.Free Card binder and pages to the
first 20 kids 12 or under on Saturday and Sunday.

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com
Joe,

Today, I was at the show for close to three hours and I did not hear one door prize offered. Perhaps, the $500 worth of dealer dollars were given away before noon. I don't know why that would be the case since door prize slips were still being handed out upon entry. Perhaps the door prizes were announced after I left, but with dealers starting to pack out, places to spend the dealer dollars would have been limited.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:35 PM

I was there on Friday for the entire time. The line to pay to get in was very long and it took an excessive amount of time, even to show them the Net54 coupon. This was the first time that the show wasn't free admission and that was a big surprise to most of the people in line. They need to improve that aspect of things.

The show itself had fewer dealers for this show than the other Chantilly shows over the last few years. So, that was a disappointment. I don't know if that is because it is so close in time to the National or that's the way the show is heading. I saw some dealers that didn't seem to have anyone at their tables each time I made my rounds by them. I can't figure out how the hell they aren't losing a lot of money doing this show. Plus their personalities suck as they don't even say hello at all.

The free Redskins autographs (Darryl Grant & Brian Mitchell) for the first 100 people in line were nice, but why not free regardless of when you got in line. I think they should have scheduled autograph guests on Friday as there are on Saturday & Sunday. I think that would be nice.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:14 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
The show itself had fewer dealers for this show than the other Chantilly shows over the last few years. So, that was a disappointment. I don't know if that is because it is so close in time to the National or that's the way the show is heading. I saw some dealers that didn't seem to have anyone at their tables each time I made my rounds by them. I can't figure out how the hell they aren't losing a lot of money doing this show. Plus their personalities suck as they don't even say hello at all.

I thought the amount of dealers was smaller in number as well, but a dealer informed me that it was the same amount of dealers. The dealer numbers are clearly down from 3-5 years ago. As one previous poster said, Chantilly is more of an autograph show. I know some dealers don't set up at Chantilly for that very reason. Yes, some dealers are far more friendly than others. Perhaps the heat outside just made for a very long weekend and the dealers were wore out.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Scott Russell

Well my neighbor and I were both new to the show so there was new dealers/material. He had a LOT of prewar, mainly t206, but also a lot of P2's (31 more than when he arrived thanks to me) and a smattering of other prewar stuff. I had a ton of t205's sold over half of them and then general pre-war through 1959 with me.

I had a great show, but I sold largely to dealers, so if I had needed to rely on the general public it would've been a rough show. Picked up a gorgeous Fatima Phil. A's only graded a 2, but eye-appeal for days, there is one light crack running vertically through the card that you don't even see on first glance. Also picked up some more t205's including a couple cycle backs. And then picked up a 1947 Brooklyn Dodgers photo pack in the original envelope. I was stoked as I had the set already but no envelope!

I am always surprised by how much shiny crap there is even at big shows, but obviously someone must be buying it. My table was often empty so if you timed it right you would have thought I had a terrible show. Instead it was my best show ever.

Couple thoughts for Joe. One has been mentioned, PLEASE have maps available even if it's just for people who ask. Also as a new dealer you made sure to mention Sunday Breakfast when I signed up, but I had no information on how to go about GETTING said breakfast, so I missed out. I had assumed it would be at the show, I found out it was off site after the fact. I am so bummed I have a commitment on October 15th and can't do the next one.

See you all at the East Coast National in White Plains in late August!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 07-17-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Val Kehl

Scott, are you saying that you won't be set up at the National in AC? That is where I know that I will find the GOOD PRE-WAR CARDS that interest me!!
Val
Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Scott Russell

sorry, that is indeed what I'm saying, can't do almost 1k for a booth just yet. by comparison Chantilly cost me $400 for space AND hotel total. Only started back in doing shows for the first time in 20 years this year. Chantilly wiped me out, I'd never be ready for the national. I am going to go but not set up.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:50 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Scott, I was at the Show for 5 hours this afternoon, and I intended to stop by your table (and Bob Lamb's) to say hello. However, as far as I could tell, there are no markings anywhere to enable a show attendee to locate specific table numbers. I asked both the ticket office attendee and the ticket taker at the entrance how to find your table, and both individuals had no clue. I also asked if there was a floor layout showing where dealers were located, and was told "no." At this point, I gave up. But, now that you mention it, I do recall stopping at a table that had the bargain bin of T205s - I actually picked up a few for a closer look, but then passed on them as I am not a T205 collector. Hope you have a good show.
Val
Val- Not sure if you were able to find me. We were in the front row across from the autograph ticket line. We mainly do autographed items so I placed my showcase at the front of my booth so they could be seen by passers by. Most card collectors probably didn't even come down the first row thinking it was all autograph stuff. Sports Card Heroes out of Laurel, Maryland were set up next to us and had a showcase with a nice run of 50-60's football sets as well as some strip cards that were SGC graded. We did well selling some 33 Goudeys, T206's, a couple T210's, some 52 Topps as well as some other odds and ends. I was happy with the sales from our case as that is not our focus at this show. It all helps pay the bills.
Hopefully the fine folks at CSA can have a list of dealers and their booth locations available at the next show. We are doing our part to promote the show and get people out to the show, the least they can do is give customers a means to find us when they arrive.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Joe Drelich

Thank You for all of the support of the CSA show and for all of the feedback. I'll try to answer everything in one post.

I became involved with the show in January 2016 so this was my 2nd show with active involvement. There have been and will continue to be changes made to cater to the vintage card community, as that is my passion, I hope to continue to grow the show in many ways to make it even better than it already is.

Dealer Maps will be made available for all shows in the future, I will also work on trying to get each table marked if at all possible. But with a layout map and dealer list that should solve the problem.

Our website did crash on Friday, we did get it fixed, although it took roughly 6 hours.That may be the reason why Scott and Bob were not listed on the
dealer page. When it crashes sometimes the data gets scrambled and or lost.
We will be re designing our website in the near future to help improve
many aspects of things.

We did call door prizes for the Dealer Dollars although they were not
done on the hour as planned. I'm not sure why you did not hear a prize
called on Sunday between noon and 3pm but we called two names in that
time frame both at the same time.

Our free buffet breakfast for the dealers at Hooters, is something we have done for a few years. We did tell all the dealers upon check in and made an announcement on Saturday at 4:45 to remind the dealers. Some dealers
that packed up early may not have heard it.

True our table count was lower than it was in April, we anticipated that happening being that the National is on the East Coast this year, and is only 2 1/2 weeks after our show. In all fairness, I only look at numbers that are year over year, April 2015 vs April 2016, July 2015 vs. July 2016. It would not make sense for me to compare April 2016 to July 2016 from an analysis standpoint.

I can assure you our show is not at all on the decline, in fact it's just the opposite, we have been growing in numbers of tables per show when comparing year over year as has our attendance.With that being said
the floor space at show show is 30,000 square feet larger than it was
in 2015 and prior. That is why there may appear to be fewer tables
from a visual standpoint, our July show last year had 264 tables we were
above that this year although I do not have an exact number at this time,
but I believe it to be in the 285-290 range. In April of 2016 we had
over 300 tables.

I understand the $5 admission charge for Friday may have been a surprise to some we did post that change months ago, we also had 2 free autograph guests for paid admissions on Friday, we did still maintain 6 hours of free show time which was what it was when Friday was free from 2pm to 8pm It was just changed to the last 2 hours each day being free.

I will make a change for next show,it will still be FREE to get in for all Net 54 members , and you will be able to go to the will call line which will should be much shorter so you can get in to the show faster. We also had all 3 ticket windows open, so if it took a long time to get in, I guess that means there were a lot of people there, so that can't be bad !

I already have contracts for our October 14-16th show from vintage card dealers that are either new, missed our July show or have not been to the show in quite a few years.

Dan Mckee will be back in his regular spot next to Dave Schrader Bagger's Auctions.

Kevin Bronson, PA
Brian Dec, bdecsports.com,Florida
Bob Krawetz,The9thinning.net, St. Paul MN
Dave Czuba, Dave's Sports Collectibles, Duncansville,PA

Again, thank you for the support of the show and all of the feedback. Stop by and see me at The National I'll be set up under my company East Coast Sports Marketing booth 1704 right next to PWCC. I will have dealer contracts
for our October 14-16th CSA Chantilly show available.

Joe Drelich

www.csashows.com

www.start-collecting.com
Old 07-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Val Kehl

Joe, thanks for all this insightful info and for your intentions and efforts to grow the Chantilly Show - I wish you much success. FYI, I was especially disappointed by Dan Mckee's absence, as I had noted his name on the online dealer list - glad to learn Dan will be there in October, as well as the several new vintage card dealers you named.
Val
Old 07-19-2016, 07:45 PM

Thx for the insight. I think one of the issues that I've noticed over the last 10 or so years (regardless of when Marco ran it or the new owners) is that many of the larger dealers that do the major shows around the country (like Mike Mosier from Indiana, Levi 707, a dealer that had the whole back row of cards in binders, etc,...) that used to do this show on a regular basis are no longer doing it. A lot of recent dealers who have taken their places have a much smaller inventory than those larger dealers mentioned.

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 07-19-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:33 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Thx for the insight. I think one of the issues that I've noticed over the last 10 or so years (regardless of when Marco ran it or the new owners) is that many of the larger dealers that do the major shows around the country (like Mike Mosier from Indiana, Levi 707, a dealer that had the whole back row of cards in binders, etc,...) that used to do this show on a regular basis are no longer doing it. A lot of recent dealers who have taken their places have a much smaller inventory than those larger dealers mentioned.
Like Joe has mentioned it is his goal to grow the card/memorabilia side of the show. In years past when the guys such as Levi 707 were doing the show, the vendors were more heavily geared toward the autograph side of things. This probably did not equate to enough sales for these larger dealers to put CSA on their schedules. Maybe its time to reach out to some of these larger dealers and see if they would be willing to give CSA another try?
Old 07-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Scott Russell

well both my neighbo and I were first time dealers he was almost exclusively prewar cards and I was pre-war - 1960. We both had great shows. SO I would certainly encourage vintage dealers to check it out...

...I mean stay away, you don't want anything to do with this show.