NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Ben L

Default Problem with SCD

I subscribed to SCD about 3 years ago and for obvious reasons the subscription was not renewed. For two years after that they kept mailing me letters asking me to subscribe again and have somehow found me at my new address (I moved 3 months ago). I called today to ask them to remove me from the mailing list as I don't like the ridiculous waste of paper and the representative said she could not find me in their database under any of my addresses. How is it that they are able to send me junk mail three times a month? Anyone have any ideas or other contact routes?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Do as I do when I receive that worthless offer. Tear it up in a million pieces and feel better that they spent money in sending it too you and they are perhaps just a smidge closer to folding. I always feel better about myself after that.

Larry
Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Steve Birmingham

It may technically be wrong, but....

Use the paid reply envelope taped to a box to mail them a brick or two, or a few pounds of 88 Donruss. They'll have to pay the priority postage and the mailings will stop fairly soon.

I stopped subscribing to Sporting News because of their overly agressive telematketing of renewals, the last a mere two weeks after I'd renewed. I called the main office and canceled the subscripton.

They called occasionally for another year till I told them I'd complain to the FTC about the calls(They handle the no call list) and sent letters for another 4 or 5 years.

Steve B
Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Alan U

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse2130 View Post
I called today to ask them to remove me from the mailing list as I don't like the ridiculous waste of paper and the representative said she could not find me in their database under any of my addresses. How is it that they are able to send me junk mail three times a month? Anyone have any ideas or other contact routes?
They probably pay a 3rd party to solicit potential subscribers and they gave the 3rd party your name when you cancelled and the 3rd party tracked down your new address at some point.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Scott S

Even within the same organization, there may be multiple mailing lists maintained by different departments. For example, I went to the same grad school as my wife, and she actually works there now, and we've both given money to the school.

Through some combination of those factors, we receive FOUR copies of each communication in the mail from the school. She works there and can't get it to stop.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
T0dd M@rcum

i burn wood in the winter and those make dandy fire starters.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Ben L

Some good suggestions but i hate to see the waste of paper and I also hate to think that SCD has the idea that I would ever want to spend money on their publication again.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Stupid question, but how in the hell are they still in business when so many other magazines with larger circulations dropped the print magazine & are only online ?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
D.B. Cooper

Have every single renewal notice you receive henceforth bronzed. After you've accumulated a couple dozen, hijack a TV station weather helicopter (or ask nicely), fly over their offices and drop the bronzed notices through their skylights. This has worked for me more than once.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Dave

Last week we got a letter in the mail from a collection agency demanding we renew our subscription to TIME Magazine.

No, it wasn't to pay an overdue bill.....it really was for a lapsed renewal.

The oddest thing.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 AM
Bill

I know it's not the greatest but I like SCD if only for the fact of the scarcity of sport cards publications you can still hold in your hand. Personally I think magazines like Tuff Stuff and Beckett are the real rags.