NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2021, 08:25 AM
Drew W@i$e

Default Festivus - Airing of Grievances

For Seinfeld fans, December 23rd is the holiday of Festivus. Here is more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

One part of Festivus is the Airing of Grievances:

The "Airing of Grievances" takes place immediately after the Festivus dinner has been served. In the television episode, Frank Costanza began it with the phrase, "I got a lotta problems with you people, and now you're going to hear about it!" It consists of each person lashing out at others and the world about how they have been disappointed in the past year.

Anyone have any card-related grievances for 2021? Air them out!
Old 12-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Robert Williams

PSA taking a year to grade my cards.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:36 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Me too

I had hoped for a Festivus miracle, but no such luck.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:57 AM
Kevin Petitpas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Serenity now, serenity now.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:02 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Ha great thread. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I haven't grown my hair back.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:24 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

I am irritated when toilet paper sticks to the bottom of my shoe and no one tells me about it.....

It chaffs me......

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:24 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

I have given up on that and now embrace the bald head o' mine. ;-)

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:37 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

But you are beloved by the forum members. Surely that is better than flowing locks. Isn't it? Hmm.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:04 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

That SGC has stopped grading T206 errors and blanks....PSA slabs just don't present as nice IMO.

Old 12-23-2021, 10:43 AM

Prices aren't falling on the cards I want to buy.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:53 AM
J@mes In.gram

I haven't found the 1934 Goudey Gehrig, 1941 Play Ball DiMaggio and Williams, and 1958 Topps Mantle cards I foolishly sold years ago when I was desperate for money. Sold them, and others, for $200! I have replacements of them now, but for WAY MORE than $200 clams, I can tell you!

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 12-23-2021, 10:59 AM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
I am irritated when toilet paper sticks to the bottom of my shoe and no one tells me about it.....

It chaffs me......
To add on to that, I hate when I can't get a new roll of toilet paper started and I end up tearing through three layers of it because I can't get that starter tab unstuck.
Old 12-23-2021, 11:06 AM
James M.

Tired of investors and flippers.

Kicking myself that I didn't buy a Trout rookie before the boom.

Upset that I wasn't born in 1935, could've gotten all the cards I wanted on the cheap, a Nice house too!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 12-23-2021, 11:09 AM
J@E R1T0

Default Festivus

Wife put my Dan Brouthers in the Penske File!!

Pensky: Where's Tuttle?
George: He's on vacation.
Pensky: He was on vacation the last time I dropped by. Give me my file. [looks through the file] Looks like you put a lot of work into this.
George: Well, you know in college they used to call me the little bulldog.
Pensky: Hey, you are Pensky material. Would you ever consider coming to work directly for me?

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.
Old 12-23-2021, 11:29 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Laziness in the Industry
Old 12-23-2021, 11:36 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
To add on to that, I hate when I can't get a new roll of toilet paper started and I end up tearing through three layers of it because I can't get that starter tab unstuck.
Amen to THAT!

Old 12-23-2021, 11:56 AM
Drew W@i$e

Card sellers that don't show backs of cards. I can think of a few
Old 12-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Jerry Tate

Default leaf-blower

Someone working a gas powered leaf-blower for more than 30 minutes...Jerry
Old 12-23-2021, 02:22 PM
J@mes In.gram

A bit miffed that time-travel hasn't come to pass...

Would love to go back to, say, 1911 or so, and get a hoard of all the cards folks go all gaga over today, and then jump back to now. But then, when I post 'em here or try to sell 'em, they'll say they're fake.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 12-23-2021, 02:24 PM
Adam Wan.aselja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Upset that I wasn't born in 1935, could've gotten all the cards I wanted on the cheap, a Nice house too!
Amen!
Old 12-23-2021, 02:29 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

As a comic I love Festivus because the airing of grievances allows for a free form complaint fest. I'm probably going to regret it but here are grievances I air around this time of the year when I do stand-up:

Handicapped people correcting me to say "disabled": stop bitching, you already have the good parking. Now I can't even say handicapped? That's retarded.

Costco food samplers laying all sorts of rules on me. You're handing out junk food in a warehouse not saving the manatees. Just put the food in the cup and STFU.

The sign at the Y's pool that warns people with active diarrhea to stay out of the pool: who goes swimming with the trots?

Guys who post on social media about their " lovely bride": you know, "At dinner with my lovely bride. Twenty years and still as madly in love as ever." Besides the fact that I throw up a little in my mouth whenever I read something like that, you're trying too hard. Those are the guys we have to worry about. If we don't see the lovely bride for a few weeks odds are her head is in a bowling bag and he's eating her liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

A guest dropping a dookie in my office or house. Be a decent person and hold it in until you get to your own toilet. What do you want next, sex with my wife?

White people using black slang: if I hear one more white woman saying she's woke I am going to hit someone.

People who say don’t speak ill of the dead. Why, do jackholes get better with age? And if that's the rule, why don't we hear nice things about Hitler?

Couples who say they are best friends. Yeah, because they suck at making friends.

CVS's mile long receipt. I'm just trying to buy a battery for my car key fob, not wallpaper my bathroom. And what's worse now that I'm in my fifties is that the offers are insulting. 20 years ago, it was offers for tequila and condoms, now it is stool softener and mouthwash.

People who say I forgot to eat. I have forgotten my keys. I have forgotten my wallet. I've even forgotten the baby bucket on the roof of the car. I have never, ever forgotten to eat. Anyone who says that they forgot to eat should be forced to fast for two weeks. Won't forget that again.

People who give gift cards from fast food places. Yeah, when you want to show just how little you care.

My wife complaining about my taking a dump.
"Oh my god, what are you doing in there?"
"Masturbating. What do you think I'm doing? Leave me alone."

Religious nuts who praise God for saving them from the tornado that wrecked their town. "Jesus loves us he saved us from the tornado!" Maybe but he sure hates your neighbors.

Pregnant women who expect me to congratulate them.
If you want congratulations for a pregnancy come back in twenty years and we will see how the kid turned out, Mrs. Hitler. Be a hell of s thing to get on the train to the death camp thinking "damn, I congratulated his mother."

Whoever invented truck nuts.
When I look at a truck I never think "say, that would look great with balls."

Scented markers. We tell kids "Don't huff glue" but it is Ok to smell these?

As much as I appreciate the extra leg room on flights how about some extra ass room? Not everyone is built like a 14 year old Asian girl.

Thanks, you've been a great crowd. Enjoy Twisted Sister.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-23-2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
A bit miffed that time-travel hasn't come to pass...

Would love to go back to, say, 1911 or so, and get a hoard of all the cards folks go all gaga over today, and then jump back to now. But then, when I post 'em here or try to sell 'em, they'll say they're fake.
The key is to find a safe place to stash them in 1911 that remains standing and unrenovated in 2021. That way they’ll naturally age, but stay in top condition.

Easier said than done.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Many sellers or traders selling on BST but not including photos of what they are selling. But they put selling prices for them for big dollars and say “ email me”

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 12-23-2021, 05:06 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Many sellers or traders selling on BST but not including photos of what they are selling. But they put selling prices for them for big dollars and say “ email me”
Sometimes there are no prices, either.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-23-2021, 05:53 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
As a comic I love Festivus because the airing of grievances allows for a free form complaint fest. I'm probably going to regret it but here are grievances I air around this time of the year when I do stand-up:

Handicapped people correcting me to say "disabled": stop bitching, you already have the good parking. Now I can't even say handicapped? That's retarded.

Costco food samplers laying all sorts of rules on me. You're handing out junk food in a warehouse not saving the manatees. Just put the food in the cup and STFU.

The sign at the Y's pool that warns people with active diarrhea to stay out of the pool: who goes swimming with the trots?

Guys who post on social media about their " lovely bride": you know, "At dinner with my lovely bride. Twenty years and still as madly in love as ever." Besides the fact that I throw up a little in my mouth whenever I read something like that, you're trying too hard. Those are the guys we have to worry about. If we don't see the lovely bride for a few weeks odds are her head is in a bowling bag and he's eating her liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

A guest dropping a dookie in my office or house. Be a decent person and hold it in until you get to your own toilet. What do you want next, sex with my wife?

White people using black slang: if I hear one more white woman saying she's woke I am going to hit someone.

People who say don’t speak ill of the dead. Why, do jackholes get better with age? And if that's the rule, why don't we hear nice things about Hitler?

Couples who say they are best friends. Yeah, because they suck at making friends.

CVS's mile long receipt. I'm just trying to buy a battery for my car key fob, not wallpaper my bathroom. And what's worse now that I'm in my fifties is that the offers are insulting. 20 years ago, it was offers for tequila and condoms, now it is stool softener and mouthwash.

People who say I forgot to eat. I have forgotten my keys. I have forgotten my wallet. I've even forgotten the baby bucket on the roof of the car. I have never, ever forgotten to eat. Anyone who says that they forgot to eat should be forced to fast for two weeks. Won't forget that again.

People who give gift cards from fast food places. Yeah, when you want to show just how little you care.

Religious nuts who praise God for saving them from the tornado that wrecked their town. "Jesus loves us he saved us from the tornado!" Maybe but he sure hates your neighbors.

If you want congratulations for a pregnancy come back in twenty years and we will see how the kid turned out, Mrs. Hitler. Be a hell of s thing to get on the train to the death camp thinking "damn, I congratulated his mother."

As much as I appreciate the extra leg room on flights how about some extra ass room? Not everyone is built like a 14 year old Asian girl.

THREAD WINNER!!!!!!

Thank you for the laughs….

Old 12-23-2021, 06:20 PM
pete ullman

my grievance is "puffery," I'm not a fan!
Old 12-23-2021, 06:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
To add, auctions with starting prices higher than eBay BINs. Bumping their overprices auctions daily and multiple times a day on occasion. Relisting the same auction over and over that don't sell because of the WAY too high starting price. Luckily it is only a couple people.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:58 PM
Chuck Price

eBay winning bidder doesn’t pay and has zero communication

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 12-23-2021, 09:20 PM
Phil

Quote:

I can always appreciate a misanthropic point of view- well stated and enjoyable to read.

Phil aka Tere1071
Old 12-24-2021, 07:00 AM
Brian K

eBay sellers that are open to offers, but then bitch and moan when you actually do.
Old 12-26-2021, 01:03 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:

Great stuff. I admire anyone who can stand up and try live comedy.
Thanks for sharing...
Old 12-26-2021, 01:05 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
Toilet paper put on rolls backwards, where it drops down from the back.

Also, incessant emails from AH's in the last 48 hours. Look, I just viewed your auction but have not found anything that fits my needs. Perhaps email me if I actually bid on something, but that's it.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:44 AM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

BST Threads! Put FS, WTB, WTTF etc in the title - AND please edit the title once the item is SOLD.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:09 AM
Matt

Oh boy. Healthy to air these out...

1. These new jacks on social media who randomly ask you what you think their shit is worth. Like Tommy Lee said to Harrison Ford at that waterfall: I DON'T CARE.

2. The self-anointed, gauche, wannabe Gordon Gekko gurus who've sprung up in the last year or two like some kind of hobby fungus— these guys act like someone made them mayors of the hobby. The Gary V's etc.— along with their audience. I don't see what credentials they have, that would ever make me prostrate myself before them. And almost all of the time, the crap they're spewing is solely designed to put money in their pockets. Some of these guys are just brazen wannabe Wall Street Turks who are all about cash cash cash, oblivious to how crass and obnoxious they look. But the sneakily more odious variant are the ones who try and cloak and gild themselves in some form of genuine card-lover, passionate collector schtick.

3. New jacks who put something up for sale without a price tag. If you're selling it, tell me the number you want. This is a business transaction not a flirtation.

4. These guys on social media who try and flaunt high grade cards that have middling at best eye appeal, but just cost a bundle. Cards that anyone with money can just immediately get at the next auction. Try finding and sharing a standout example of a card that is always found blurry or tilted or off-centered, or a piece that is really scarce or rare, something not seen every day. If I see another of these Tom Brady ticket cards I'm gonna barf.

5. Fixed price listings, be it on eBay, PWCC vault, anywhere, that are just wholly untethered to any reality or pricing data in this dimension.

The above need to make like an un-doctored vintage card and get bent. Okay, exorcised now. Off to hit leg day and burn off all that Xmas food.

Last edited by MattyC; 12-26-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:24 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post

3. New jacks who put something up for sale without a price tag. If you're selling it, tell me the number you want. This is a business transaction not a flirtation.
So you come here often?

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:29 AM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
So you come here often?
Well played, sir. Well played
Old 12-26-2021, 10:36 AM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Oh boy. Healthy to air these out...

2. The self-anointed, gauche, wannabe Gordon Gekko gurus who've sprung up in the last year or two like some kind of hobby fungus— these guys act like someone made them mayors of the hobby. The Gary V's etc.— along with their audience. I don't see what credentials they have, that would ever make me prostrate myself before them. And almost all of the time, the crap they're spewing is solely designed to put money in their pockets. Some of these guys are just brazen wannabe Wall Street Turks who are all about cash cash cash, oblivious to how crass and obnoxious they look. But the sneakily more odious variant are the ones who try and cloak and gild themselves in some form of genuine card-lover, passionate collector schtick.

This ⬆️… big time.

Last edited by Andrew1975; 12-26-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-26-2021, 11:27 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default People not honoring their word

I was recently dealing with a member who sells a lot here on BST and whom I had purchased from before.

He was selling an item he was not sure what the value was. He wrote:

"If I can get some responses on pricing you'll have first shot".

He then replied:

"just had another member offer me, get this, $1500. I had no idea. I don't know where that puts you but that's WAY more than I thought".

It was way more than I thought too. But I replied:

"Gulp! Me too. I was thinking much less than that. But since you gave me first shot and I really want it I'll swallow REAL HARD and match the offer."

His reply:

"as I was responding to you the other guy said he'd like to up the offer to $1800. I'm not going to start a bidding war but if you want to put in one last offer please feel free".

Needless to say I felt really put off. Not knowing anyone who would up their offer before a reply to their first. I replied

"I'm feeling jerked around a bit here.

I am hoping you will keep the promise you gave me and honor the $1500 for me".

I assume you can guess what happened.

Maybe it's just me. Wonder how others feel
Old 12-26-2021, 11:36 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Well, Fred since we all deal with the devil because stuff trumps all else, I wouldn't get too bunged up when a seller makes it all about money...because at this stage, it is all about the money.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-26-2021, 11:40 AM
Johnny MaZilli

A big one for me is AH’s not responding to emails about a current auction lot, specifically just requesting a back scan of a card I wish to bid on.
Old 12-26-2021, 11:52 AM
Dave

When anybody says: "It's called The Hall of Fame, not the Hall of (insert irrelevant word or phrase here)".

That sends me into the Hulk Smash zone.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:47 PM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks87 View Post
eBay sellers that are open to offers, but then bitch and moan when you actually do.
So true Brian! If you are only accepting a 3 or 4% reduction of the asking price and get mad when someone offers 10 or 15% less, just stick to BIN selling!

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.

Last edited by Dead-Ball-Hitter; 12-26-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:48 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
I was recently dealing with a member who sells a lot here on BST and whom I had purchased from before.

He then replied:

"just had another member offer me, get this, $1500. I had no idea. I don't know where that puts you but that's WAY more than I thought".

"Gulp! Me too. I was thinking much less than that. But since you gave me first shot and I really want it I'll swallow REAL HARD and match the offer."

His reply:

"as I was responding to you the other guy said he'd like to up the offer to $1800. I'm not going to start a bidding war but if you want to put in one last offer please feel free".

Needless to say I felt really put off. Not knowing anyone who would up their offer before a reply to their first. I replied

Card is in the mail. Just not to you.
Old 12-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post

He then replied:

His reply:

I hope the seller was playing games, trying to get more money, and is now stuck with the card.

If they come back to you with some BS story about the buyer backing out...tell them, "sorry, best I can do is $1,200."

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 12-26-2021, 07:09 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Um, guys, the OP said CARD-related grievances. Here are mine:

- Facebook morons. The number of losers on these Facebook card groups is staggering! These guys ask stupid questions daily like "how much is my card worth? Should I send this in for grading? Is this ungraded rookie card real? Is SGC good?" In short, these guys don't know shit and they don't have shit. You have to go through 500 of these morons to find one good collector over there.

- Basement grading companies. Lots of new card grading companies were created during the pandemic and guess what? Most of them are slabbing YOUR cards in their parents' basements! Why would anyone choose to submit their cards to KKK grading instead of PSA or SGC or Beckett? Because they are taking too long? Give me break, seriously! Oh, and one more thing: getting your cards slabbed by these basement grading companies adds zero value to your cards!

- Gary Vaynerchuk. This guy had the hobby by the balls for a while and how he managed to do that is beyond me! This is somebody - unheard of before the pandemic - that could post a $200 dollar card on his Twitter account and a few weeks later it would be trading at fifty-thousand! Like seriously, wtf?? Are people really that stupid? Can they not just buy the stuff that THEY like?

- NFTs. I still don't know what they are and how they can make the hobby a better place. When I read about NFTs, it's like trying to read and understand Arabic.

- Flippers who pose as collectors. Now, there is nothing wrong with flipping cards, but posing as a collector (when your intention is to do a quick-flip) is just wrong.

- Guys who want Q1 prices for their cards Yep, go on eBay, and nearly all the cards listed their are at Q1 prices! Oh, and they don't care that card prices dropped quite a bit since then. Nope, cause' it's still January baby, so just pay up and shut up! Yee-ha!
Old 12-26-2021, 07:40 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
The key is to find a safe place to stash them in 1911 that remains standing and unrenovated in 2021. That way they’ll naturally age, but stay in top condition.

Easier said than done.
My house! hasn't had much major work since right around 1910. Which is both the good news and the bad news....

I've been all over it, even in the very hard to reach places. Nothing. Oh, a very dirty nylon Cowboys mini football I suspect the tennants kid lost, and a lobster trap. The carriage house still has some horse feed in the bins, and some very old tire chains in a cupboard.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:48 PM
Steve Birmingham

To clarify, when we looked at the place the owner was renting it out. It's single family.
Those tenants did leave us a cat who was pretty cool once he got used to people wo weren't A-holes. Seriously, who moves and just sticks the cat outside and leaves?
Old 12-26-2021, 08:24 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post

...post a $200 dollar card on his Twitter account and a few weeks later it would be trading at fifty-thousand! Like seriously, wtf?? Are people really that stupid?
Considering what his graded "artwork" sold for...

I'll take, "they're freakin' idiots" for a thousand, Alex.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 12-26-2021, 08:37 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
To clarify, when we looked at the place the owner was renting it out. It's single family.
Those tenants did leave us a cat who was pretty cool once he got used to people wo weren't A-holes. Seriously, who moves and just sticks the cat outside and leaves?
When my wife and I lived in an apartment complex, there was a cat suddenly wandering around the courtyard one day. It was the first of the month, and this cat's former family did exactly that.

We shared 12 wonderful years together. He crossed the rainbow bridge in 2017. We still miss him dearly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Faith2.jpg (74.9 KB, 433 views)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 12-26-2021 at 08:50 PM.