NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Babe Ruth Cards
t206 Ty Cobb
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Baseball T201-T217
Baseball E90-E107
T205 Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Goudey Cards
Vintage Baseball Memorabilia
Baseball Exhibit Cards
Baseball Strip Cards
Baseball Baking Cards
Sporting News Cards
Play Ball Cards
Joe DiMaggio Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Bowman 1951-1955
Football Cards

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 04-29-2021, 12:58 PM
mr2686 mr2686 is offline
Mike Rich@rds0n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,946
Default

Picked up another Catfish Hunter win ticket stub. This one is win number 174
Attached Images
File Type: jpg catfishticket.jpg (79.0 KB, 441 views)
__________________
Pride of the Yankees movie project - ongoing
Catfish Hunter Regular Season Win Tickets - 20/224 Post Season 0/9
1919 Black Sox - 1 more and I'm calling it complete.
1955 Dodger Autographs...38/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:09 PM
ggary ggary is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 28
Default 1964 Dodgers Exhibition Game in Mexico City

I picked this up not too long ago because it was a little unusual. Sandy Koufax pitched 4 innings and Don Drysdale pitched 2 innings. It was televised on the Los Angeles Spanish language tv station KMEX channel 34.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58A0489D-AA16-4EA7-80C5-AB1D0630F3D7.jpg (19.4 KB, 379 views)
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 06-10-2021, 04:34 AM
Scott Garner's Avatar
Scott Garner Scott Garner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggary View Post
I picked this up not too long ago because it was a little unusual. Sandy Koufax pitched 4 innings and Don Drysdale pitched 2 innings. It was televised on the Los Angeles Spanish language tv station KMEX channel 34.
That is a cool ticket. I've never seen one and it's pretty unusual.
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 06-10-2021, 09:49 AM
Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey's Avatar
Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Carolina's
Posts: 128
Default Cool stub my dad passed down to me

1977 Lynyrd Skynyrd last show they played before the plane crash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last show.jpg (20.8 KB, 352 views)
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 08-24-2021, 01:04 PM
jgmp123 jgmp123 is offline
James Graham
James Gra.ham
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 1,843
Default

One down and only one more to go!!

1920 World Series Ticket. Still need to find a realistic priced 1921 World Series then my 1920-2020 set is complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 4.30.19 PM.jpg (14.0 KB, 295 views)
__________________
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 08-24-2021, 10:52 PM
ballparks ballparks is offline
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
One down and only one more to go!!

1920 World Series Ticket. Still need to find a realistic priced 1921 World Series then my 1920-2020 set is complete!
Are you trying to get one from each game?! Nice project. I started out with this and then kept buying more and more. I'm now at 430 games and counting. That is a great ticket that I assume you got from REA. This is my pickup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.16.55 AM.jpg (12.7 KB, 286 views)
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 08-24-2021, 11:03 PM
ballparks ballparks is offline
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Did you guys see this on eBay? Went for $1835 (nearly 2 grand with tax).

If I had listed it, it would have sold for 20 bucks.
First Game on the west coast and Debut of Hall of Famer Orlando Cepeda. Expensive but not surprising with the debut mania these days.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 08-25-2021, 07:37 AM
jgmp123 jgmp123 is offline
James Graham
James Gra.ham
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 1,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballparks View Post
Are you trying to get one from each game?! Nice project. I started out with this and then kept buying more and more. I'm now at 430 games and counting. That is a great ticket that I assume you got from REA. This is my pickup.
Very nice pickup! Currently my project is solely focused on a ticket/stub from each World Series from 1920 - current day. You are also correct, it came from the REA auction. The 1921 went a little high for what I was looking at.
__________________
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 08-27-2021, 02:19 PM
Scott Garner's Avatar
Scott Garner Scott Garner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,991
Default 1917 St. Louis Browns annual pass signed by team owner Neal Ball

As many of you know, for many years I have collected tickets to no-hitters and perfect games.
Currently I have tickets to about 230 different no-hit games out of the 313 that have been pitched in ML history.
166 of these tickets are signed by the pitcher that threw the no-hitter.
FYI, I hope to write a book on no-hitters when I retire...
Additionally, I intend to put an unusual spin on the great books that have already been written on the topic.

The elusive tickets that I am still looking for are, without a doubt, "black swans" and locating them can prove to be quite a collecting challenge.
Literally like finding a needle in a haystack. A long slog, but I really love it!

I have determined, for a variety of reasons, that many would never likely be findable.
For that reason, I occasionally look for a suitable "filler" for my collection, especially if the game/games that it covers are particularly historic and noteworthy.
Although I am late with this post, I'm excited to have found a beautiful addition to my collection at The National in Chicago a few weeks ago.
This pickup fits this description...

Background:
In the history of baseball, only 3 times have no-hitters been pitched on consecutive days in the same ballpark. These 3 no-hit duets are:

Gaylord Perry (Sept. 17th, 1968) and Ray Washburn (Sept. 18, 1968) @ SF
Jim Maloney (April 30, 1969) and Jim Wilson (April 1, 1969) @ Cincinnati

The 3rd time this occured was much earlier in 1917 @ StL. Browns
Ernie Koob (May 5, 1917) and Bob Groom (May 6th, 1917). Also of interest is that both games were pitched against a very good opponent the CWS, with the losing pitchers both times being excellent pitchers in their own right.
In fact, both LP's Eddie Cicotte and Joe Benz each pitched their own no-hitter in 1917 and 1914, respectively.


At The National I found this beautiful 1917 StL Browns Annual Pass that is signed by Browns owner Neal Ball.
Neal Ball's autograph in of itself is quite rare as he had a death date of 1933.

Anyway, here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1917 St. Louis Browns Annual Pass.jpg (57.9 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Ernie Koob.jpg (38.0 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg Bob Groom.jpg (39.8 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg 1917 St. Louis Browns Annual Pass labeled top loader.jpg (45.7 KB, 256 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-28-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 08-27-2021, 10:33 PM
qed2190 qed2190 is offline
Larry Moe
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 524
Default

Detroit '35
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_0060.jpg (68.2 KB, 237 views)
Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 08-28-2021, 04:48 PM
mr2686 mr2686 is offline
Mike Rich@rds0n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
As many of you know, for many years I have collected tickets to no-hitters and perfect games.
Currently I have tickets to about 230 different no-hit games out of the 313 that have been pitched in ML history.
166 of these tickets are signed by the pitcher that threw the no-hitter.
FYI, I hope to write a book on no-hitters when I retire...
Additionally, I intend to put an unusual spin on the great books that have already been written on the topic.

The elusive tickets that I am still looking for are, without a doubt, "black swans" and locating them can prove to be quite a collecting challenge.
Literally like finding a needle in a haystack. A long slog, but I really love it!

I have determined, for a variety of reasons, that many would never likely be findable.
For that reason, I occasionally look for a suitable "filler" for my collection, especially if the game/games that it covers are particularly historic and noteworthy.
Although I am late with this post, I'm excited to have found a beautiful addition to my collection at The National in Chicago a few weeks ago.
This pickup fits this description...

Background:
In the history of baseball, only 3 times have no-hitters been pitched on consecutive days in the same ballpark. These 3 no-hit duets are:

Gaylord Perry (Sept. 17th, 1968) and Ray Washburn (Sept. 18, 1968) @ SF
Jim Maloney (April 30, 1969) and Jim Wilson (April 1, 1969) @ Cincinnati

The 3rd time this occured was much earlier in 1917 @ StL. Browns
Ernie Koob (May 5, 1917) and Bob Groom (May 6th, 1917). Also of interest is that both games were pitched against a very good opponent the CWS, with the losing pitchers both times being excellent pitchers in their own right.
In fact, both LP's Eddie Cicotte and Joe Benz each pitched their own no-hitter in 1917 and 1914, respectively.


At The National I found this beautiful 1917 StL Browns Annual Pass that is signed by Browns owner Neal Ball.
Neal Ball's autograph in of itself is quite rare as he had a death date of 1933.

Anyway, here it is:
Wow Scott, great pickup. I personally don't consider that a filler by any definition. Also looking forward to that book of yours...I hope to get an autographed copy. LOL
__________________
Pride of the Yankees movie project - ongoing
Catfish Hunter Regular Season Win Tickets - 20/224 Post Season 0/9
1919 Black Sox - 1 more and I'm calling it complete.
1955 Dodger Autographs...38/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 08-28-2021, 08:08 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Long Island
Posts: 443
Default

How do we post pics here ?
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 08-29-2021, 11:45 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Back on the road after 505 days of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
How do we post pics here ?
When you write a post, there is a button in the "Additional Options) section directly below "Message" box that says "Manage Attachments" if you click that button it's pretty self explanatory from there...

Good luck

Doug
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 09-01-2021, 09:10 PM
5-Tool Player 5-Tool Player is offline
member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 19
Default

Scott, Great pick up as usual..continue that passion of closing the gap
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 09-03-2021, 01:06 PM
bigfanNY bigfanNY is offline
Jonathan Sterling
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,512
Default 1915 Federal Leauge Stubs

I pucked these up a few years ago. I have a couple Newark tickets from a season book. But Actual Stubs from the Fedetal league are scarce. I will send the Brooklyn stub to PSA in my next order since I like the way they look in the case. I belive the game for Chicago was vs Buffalo in July 26th with 3 finger Brown losing 3 to 2 despite him giving up no earned runs. But if anyone has a 1915 Complete Federal leauge Schedule they could share a picture of I would much appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210903_145347.jpg (69.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 20210903_150235.jpg (63.2 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by bigfanNY; 09-03-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 09-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Scott Garner's Avatar
Scott Garner Scott Garner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-Tool Player View Post
Scott, Great pick up as usual..continue that passion of closing the gap
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 09-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Scott Garner's Avatar
Scott Garner Scott Garner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I pucked these up a few years ago. I have a couple Newark tickets from a season book. But Actual Stubs from the Fedetal league are scarce. I will send the Brooklyn stub to PSA in my next order since I like the way they look in the case. .
Nice ones, Jonathan!
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 09-03-2021, 04:59 PM
bigfanNY bigfanNY is offline
Jonathan Sterling
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,512
Default

Scott I know Ed Lafitte pitched a No No for Brooklyn in 1914 but I dont know how to date the stub. Have you picked up any stubs from any of the Federal leauge no hitters?

Last edited by bigfanNY; 09-03-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 09-14-2021, 02:50 PM
mr2686 mr2686 is offline
Mike Rich@rds0n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,946
Default

Just picked up 4 more Catfish Hunter win ticket stubs...all low to fairly low attendance. It's been a good couple of weeks, and now time to take a break.

May 29, 1966 - Win #12 and attendance of 10,378
April 21, 1967 - Win #19 and Attendance of 7,729
July 8, 1972 - Win #104 and attendance of 7,087
Aug 2, 1972 - Win #108 and Attendance of 4,664
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ticket1.jpg (52.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg ticket2.jpg (74.3 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg ticket3.jpg (78.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg ticket4.jpg (77.8 KB, 96 views)
__________________
Pride of the Yankees movie project - ongoing
Catfish Hunter Regular Season Win Tickets - 20/224 Post Season 0/9
1919 Black Sox - 1 more and I'm calling it complete.
1955 Dodger Autographs...38/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 09-14-2021, 05:04 PM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 254
Default

a few Pete Rose's 4000th hit ticket stub , picked these up at last few weekend card shows in Montreal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51341541588_2f0eb7f6d2_o.jpg (74.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 51411278390_d7a6b7e5c5_o.jpg (81.8 KB, 92 views)
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs 1971,75,80,81,82,89,90,92,95,96,01

Last edited by guy3050; 09-14-2021 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 09-14-2021, 06:03 PM
mr2686 mr2686 is offline
Mike Rich@rds0n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
a few Pete Rose's 4000th hit ticket stub , picked these up at last few weekend card shows in Montreal
Guy, are those hard or easy to find? I was looking back a few years ago and I never came across one.
__________________
Pride of the Yankees movie project - ongoing
Catfish Hunter Regular Season Win Tickets - 20/224 Post Season 0/9
1919 Black Sox - 1 more and I'm calling it complete.
1955 Dodger Autographs...38/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 09-14-2021, 07:42 PM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Guy, are those hard or easy to find? I was looking back a few years ago and I never came across one.
They are not that easy to find ,I was just lucky to find these in a few weeks apart, for sure they are easier to find in my area there were 48000 people at the game pretty sure alot of them kept their ticket stub
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs 1971,75,80,81,82,89,90,92,95,96,01
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 09-15-2021, 06:16 PM
SteveS SteveS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 163
Default Capitoline

Here's my ticket to Capitoline from the 1866-'67 season. It was home to the Brooklyn Atlantic and other early teams, and many important match games were played there. In the winter, they used the field as a skating rink. I don't know whether this ticket was used for a baseball game, skating, or both. But it has a space for a Box #, which I'm not sure how that would be used for skating. In any event, I think it's pretty cool, and here's more information on Capitoline: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitoline_Grounds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210915_175543958~01.jpg (70.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210915_175357411~01.jpg (70.6 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 09-15-2021, 07:19 PM
Shoeless Moe Shoeless Moe is offline
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy G, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts, Most Blocked Poster
Pa.ul Grus.zka
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Over by there
Posts: 3,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Here's my ticket to Capitoline from the 1866-'67 season. It was home to the Brooklyn Atlantic and other early teams, and many important match games were played there. In the winter, they used the field as a skating rink. I don't know whether this ticket was used for a baseball game, skating, or both. But it has a space for a Box #, which I'm not sure how that would be used for skating. In any event, I think it's pretty cool, and here's more information on Capitoline: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitoline_Grounds
If it's from 1866-1867 season that indicates it's a winter season, like hockey or basketball. I think it's safe to assume this was for the skating season.
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 09-15-2021, 07:36 PM
Carter08 Carter08 is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 120
Default

I just picked up this type 1 photo from the 1937 All Star game and a ticket to the game. My first on both fronts. Very cool game -- FDR threw out the first pitch, Gehrig homered, Dizzy Dean sadly got a liner in the toe that effectively ended the best part of his career. Anyway, love both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1937(1).jpg (53.6 KB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 PM.


ebay GSB