NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-23-2020, 07:13 PM
Christ0pher C@ssidy

Well, they ain't gettin' my social security number.

eBay is ripe for identity thief hackers to target.

Rather buy and sell and trade cards here and elsewhere then give up my SSN. eBay is not my employer.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil89 View Post
Well, they ain't gettin' my social security number.

eBay is ripe for identity thief hackers to target.

Rather buy and sell and trade cards here and elsewhere then give up my SSN. eBay is not my employer.
Not disagreeing with the sentiment, but I bet 20 bucks your SS is already out there on the darkweb.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:24 PM
Eddie Zuercher

Default managed payments

Has anyone else been paid in managed payments? I'm wondering do they pay you minus 10% for fees and 2.75% for managed payments? I've got 2 payments and it looks like they only took the 2.75%. Just wondering how this all will work, I think a lot of people are. Thanks for any info. Eddie
Old 07-25-2020, 03:48 PM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

I've been paid. Here's an example of a single sale. Card sold for $19.95.
Shipping was another $4.20. Total order was $24.15. Appears they took 11.5% ($2.78) plus $0.30 for a total charge of $3.08. That leaves $21.07 as my MP payout.

I also just changed MP payouts from my bank to PayPal. I'll provide an update after the first transaction.

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MP Example.jpg (58.3 KB, 775 views)
Old 07-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Eddie Zuercher

Default Managed payments

Jeff,
Thanks for the info I'll have to take another look at my payouts. Are you saying you can have MPs go to paypal instead of your bank? If you do get that done please let me know as I want to do the same. Thanks Eddie
Old 07-27-2020, 02:00 PM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

Completed my first eBay MP transaction between eBay and PayPal direct deposit. Very impressed. EBay sent payment early this morning and it was posted to my PayPal account by mid-afternoon.

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PPDD.jpg (38.2 KB, 747 views)
Old 07-29-2020, 11:57 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza11 View Post
I also just changed MP payouts from my bank to PayPal. I'll provide an update after the first transaction.

Jeff
Quick question, when you put in the routing and account number for your Paypal account on eBay, did it show up as a Wells Fargo account? That is what is happening for me when entering the account numbers manually. I'm guessing that if I dig into it far enough, I would find that Paypal is the "payments processor" only and any funds held in Paypal are actually in a Wells Fargo account, but that is just a guess. Anyway, just trying to verify if my sign-up experience is same as yours was. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2020, 12:03 PM
Eddie Zuercher

Default Managed payment

Jeff how do you get it changed over so your money goes straight to PayPal? Thanks Eddie
Old 07-29-2020, 01:00 PM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

Lance - yes, the PayPal financial institution does show as Wells Fargo.

Eddie - you need to ask PayPal to provide you direct deposit and bank routing directions. Once received, you can update your MP "Payout Method" in less than a minute.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2020, 04:28 PM
S Vincent

For those that didn't make the switch but had some things still listed, has it been determined that those keep rolling over and you are able to sell whatever you had listed before the deadline arrived?

I have to switch by Dec. 31 but I'm thinking about listing as much as possible before that and then retiring from eBay.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Connor
Connor

Friends have the paying fees changed on ebay??? My understanding is 13 percent, 3 to paypal 10 to ebay..

Has this changed with the new payout method ???? What do I expect when I sell my card ?

Thanks in advance.

Connor
Old 01-28-2021, 08:35 AM
Marc Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiez View Post
Jeff how do you get it changed over so your money goes straight to PayPal? Thanks Eddie
Eddie, They will not send your payment to Paypal it will have to go to your bank account. I tried that and it will not work. Marc
Old 07-28-2020, 11:04 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiez View Post
Has anyone else been paid in managed payments? I'm wondering do they pay you minus 10% for fees and 2.75% for managed payments? I've got 2 payments and it looks like they only took the 2.75%. Just wondering how this all will work, I think a lot of people are. Thanks for any info. Eddie
I have now received multiple payments since I started Monday with MP. Here is what I have seen in regards to what is being taken out. First, any order of mine where my free s/h threshold is not met, the 12% + 30 cents is taken out of my available funds. However, on the orders where my free s/h threshold is met, neither the 30 cent transaction fee nor the 12% have been removed from my available funds, both costs/fees have been added directly to my monthly ebay account invoice. I prefer the fees to be added to my monthly invoice and to pay at the end of the month with my CC as I get a 2% kickback reward from the CC and I don't get that 2% back when ebay takes the 12% from my "available funds".
Old 07-29-2020, 12:02 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I have now received multiple payments since I started Monday with MP. Here is what I have seen in regards to what is being taken out. First, any order of mine where my free s/h threshold is not met, the 12% + 30 cents is taken out of my available funds. However, on the orders where my free s/h threshold is met, neither the 30 cent transaction fee nor the 12% have been removed from my available funds, both costs/fees have been added directly to my monthly ebay account invoice. I prefer the fees to be added to my monthly invoice and to pay at the end of the month with my CC as I get a 2% kickback reward from the CC and I don't get that 2% back when ebay takes the 12% from my "available funds".
That is weird. The differing "fee extraction" timing, that is, not your preferences. I'm not looking forward to the learning curve in figuring out all the minute differences between eBay's "how we said it would work" and their "now that you're locked in, here's how it's really going down."
Old 07-29-2020, 01:00 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
That is weird. The differing "fee extraction" timing, that is, not your preferences. I'm not looking forward to the learning curve in figuring out all the minute differences between eBay's "how we said it would work" and their "now that you're locked in, here's how it's really going down."
My assumption is that for what ever reason, because the entire sale has a promotion (free s/h with "x" # of items purchased) that I set up through ebay, the selling fees are billed to my account rather than removed from my available funds.

This scenario has continued to occur with today's orders with promotions..... and again, this scenario is preferred
Old 10-14-2020, 01:40 PM

Has anyone else beside Bobby, not made the switch and had ebay reinstate your account. My time for new listings ran out today and not sure I will make the switch to managed payments.