NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Championship Rings - Primarily Sports

Old 06-18-2015, 05:26 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Default William "Refrigerator" Perry's SB XX Ring is back up for sale

So the man falls on hard times and is forced to sell his ring. Then a 10 year old boy comes along and has his parents buy the ring back so the player can have it again.

What does Perry do 4 years later? Consign it to Heritage Auctions.

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Always looking for Chicago Bears jerseys!
Particularly jerseys with patches...

Last edited by Samets; 06-18-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

The media did not report the story accurately when the boy gave Perry back the ring.

There are so many William Perry salesman samples floating around in that silly ring size of 23 which is more like a paperweight than a ring to be worn.

The young boy purchased a salesman sample, not Perry's real ring. His real ring would have sold for tens of thousands, not under $4,000 as was reported.

The salesman sample rings do not contain real diamonds. So the boy gave Perry a salesman sample.

Furthermore, anyone could take a salesman sample and load it up with real diamonds and proclaim it's the authentic ring from the player. That's one reason I would dread to spend a lot of money buying a championship ring that has so many salesman sample versions in the market place.

I am not saying that the cosigner or the auction house did this, or know of this, but I wonder if the ring comes with proof that this was Perry's ring. And I wonder how concrete that proof is.

It was common knowledge in the collectiong community that Perry sold his ring a long time ago, so I wonder if this was Perry's original ring or one he had made later on, or like I said earlier, a common salesman sample that has had it's imitation diamonds replaced with real ones.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Interesting...

HA states: " While it is widely known in the hobby that the ring was rather widely reproduced due to its crowd-pleasing absurdity, we can confirm definitively that this is the one and only original presented to Perry for his part in "shuffling" to Super Bowl XX victory along with Walter Payton, Jim McMahon and Mike Singletary."

I guess they have that 100% proof... even though none is presented...

Old 06-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

if you go back and search the archives, I blasted them last year for selling two Super Bowl Steeler rings from back to back super bowls where had they done any research at all they would have seen the rings were not authentic, and the story had zero credibility on a few different levels.

I finally put pictures up that were very enlarged showing their two rings and two real rings.

many on this board could not believe the story that was presented with those two rings and the rings themselves.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Looks like it sold for $203,150 Someone believes this is the real deal...