NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Championship Rings - Primarily Sports

Old 07-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default Championship rings in Goldin auctions

I finally got around this weekend to looking at all the great stuff in the upcoming Goldin auctions, especially the championship rings offered.

Just to be transparent, the Ravens, Super Bowl ring is my consignment, but nothing else is.

Seems there's something for everyone in the auction with lots of high-end, medium-range and low end championship rings in the auction.

Anyone want want to discuss any of the rings? Any thoughts or opinions?
Old 07-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Banned

why are there so many ravens rings in the marketplace up for auction lately compared to other championship teams?
Old 07-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
why are there so many ravens rings in the marketplace up for auction lately compared to other championship teams?
I have often thought of that myself.... I concluded it's completely random.

The Ravens players received just as many rings as any other team in recent memory.

The teams do have discretion on making additional rings at their cost for other employees.

So the Patriots made a heck of a lot of Super Bowl 36 rings, giving out many of them to employees and so did the 2009 Yankees.

The Patriots won so many super bowls (oh, I hate saying that), so they cut back on giving as many employees "Player-sized" rings as the Super Bowl victories kept coming.

yet, players are no less loyal or more loyal or financially set than other players in the league so it really is random luck.

the Ravens ring could be the last one you see for a while, or the trend may continue.

I have yet to see a 49ers losing ring from the Super Bowl two years ago, yet, you are right, there have been a few Ravens rings sell and a few that sold privately that did not make the auction circuit.

Last edited by sports-rings; 07-13-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Ken Goldin

hi guys
Thanks for noticing the great auction we have put together, especially in the award and championship ring category .
Some points of note, the first 2012 Ravens ring we received two years ago garnered us so much publicity and such a high price that I think anytime one comes up, they are in goldin auctions. In fact I just searched an auction database and the only auction house to have sold a 2012 Ravens ring is Goldin Auctions. This is our fourth one, and all sold to date have a price realiZed on each of over $43000. Our strong price on them is also helped by our proximity to Baltimore, as well as our strong customer lost from Baltimore for a variety of factors, not the least of which was our babe Ruth auction which was held in Baltimore.
Those however are the only ones that have ever been auctioned. So for a fan of our auctions ( and I know Travis follows them closely ) it may appear like a lot of Ravens rings come up for sale, in actuality they have never appeared in another auction, and to me are the nicest ( and gaudiest) super bowl rings put there.
As a comparison, think how many 2009 Yankees World Series rings you have seen, we have sold three to date, and at least 5 other auction houses have had them.
Use pricerealized.com and this info will come to you easily (a free plug!)
THANK You for your interest!
Ken

Last edited by kengoldin; 07-13-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Banned

It just seemed like I always saw Ravens rings and of course I don't have a problem with it, they are kind of cool.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
hi guys
Our strong price on them is also helped by our proximity to Baltimore, as well as our strong customer list from Baltimore for a variety of factors, not the least of which was our babe Ruth auction which was held in Baltimore.
I think that explains why Goldin auctions has sold every Ravens ring to date, but does not explain why there have been (4) Ravens rings, yet for some reason, there have been zero Steeler Super Bowl XLIII rings to ever emerge.

Just to be transparent, the latest Ravens ring in his current auction and a couple of others in past auctions at Goldin auctions were consigned by me for many of the reasons Ken mentioned above (plus his excellent marketing skills)

The first three rings Goldin sold from the Ravens last Super Bowl victory were available because the original recipients of those rings had money issues.

The 2009 Yankee rings illustrated by Ken and myself, demonstrate what happens when so many rings are provided to staff.

I still feel that the reason there are more auctions of Raven rings than Steeler rings, or other teams, that were originally awarded to NFL players has a lot to do with random circumstances more than with the teams or year of the ring.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Ken Goldin

As previously mentioned
We try to get National and or local publicity for every key item we get in our auctions. That's why we get them

Speaking of the Ravens and the Ravens ring, courtesy of the Baltimore Sun

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...714-story.html
Old 07-15-2015, 04:09 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

As the consignor of the lot that will benefit from Ken's press release, I want to thank Ken for his tireless work in promoting his auction items.

His dedication and marketing skills really help consignors like myself achieve great results.

Thanks Ken!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned

it is a good auction, always strong on rings.

question: if a player can order additional rings, and the cost of such ring to the player is substantially less than the more money they can get auctioning off the additional ring once it is in their possession, why don't players order additional rings just to sell at auction and make money off of them? just a quirky question.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

travrosty - I like your new Avatar!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Banned

he;s the man from general santos city, mindanao, philippines, manny p. - awesome