NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2021, 06:30 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Default Turns out the dealers aren't the only ones gouging

I just noticed that the Friday day admission for CSA in Chantilly VA/Dulles shows is $25 from 2 - 5. I normally go up n Fridays and because it is a 400-mile round trip, I prefer to get in and get back on the road before it's too late.

Fridays have traditionally been free admission.

It's a perfectly fine show, but it's not like there are freebies and this isn't the 1980s so there are no particular bargains to be found when the doors open...any hug bargains were scooped up by the show dealers hours before the doors open.

I get COVID and everything, but it seems a lot to pay just in order to spend money.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:35 AM

I actually have an extra Friday VIP ticket I can’t use. If you want to me there at just before 2pm Friday, you are welcome to it for free
Old 05-13-2021, 02:37 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

It's possibly a combination of things. Out here a couple of weeks ago, I tried to go to a free show that would traditionally have a small, basic turnout of people ambling in and out. But because of the market boom (especially with modern cards), there were untold numbers of people on line to get in first thing in the morning. Hundreds upon hundreds. It was batsh*t crazy. Sure, it can be argued that some of the interest was due to it being so long since a show was allowed to take place, but I digress. We were told the wait time would be around 2 hours to enter, but that was a complete fabrication. My first thought was if they charged an admission, the line would have probably been greatly reduced, as the more frugal people would have been a bit turned off and stayed home. Maybe that's part of what's happening with your show? More revenue for the promoters and less people actually there in line pissed off at said promoters??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:58 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Trying to Boost Attendance on Saturday and Sunday on a nice spring Mid Atlantic weekend.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:08 PM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Default Turns out the dealers aren't the only ones gouging

I don’t remember Friday ever being free.

In all due respect wanting to get in early with no cost and the same access to the dealers in the room is kind of a bit cheap. Lucky for you Ryan is a nice guy. One thing if your friend has a pass for you but “expecting” is nervy and cheap. Just like your comment of promoter “gouging”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ezez420; 05-13-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Many shows charge a high fee for early admission. Not just card shows, but others I have attended - antique shows, book fairs etc. I would suggest that the 'super duper double secret we supply you with two condoms and a beer pass' that they sell for The National is pretty much the same thing. Additionally you are misleading everyone with you claim of gouging. It is FREE!! from 5-8 pm on Friday. You should have disclosed that in your original complaint. Your choice to get in and out to beat the traffic is a you problem.

Edit - my mistake. It used to be free Friday evenings.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 05-13-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:36 PM
Robert Klevens

These are the times and prices on their website, but shouldn't the $25 Friday admission say 2:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.?

Hours and Admission
Friday 2:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. $25 (early admission)
Friday 5:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. $10
Saturday 9:00 a.m.-.5:00 p.m. $10
Sunday 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. $10
Old 05-13-2021, 04:43 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Friday Sounds Like A Perfect Day To Attend The Show, Less Dollar Box Dumpster Divers Clogging Up The Room.

Not Everything in Life is Free.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:34 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezez420 View Post

In all due respect wanting to get in early with no cost and the same access to the dealers in the room is kind of a bit cheap. Lucky for you Ryan is a nice guy. One thing if your friend has a pass for you but “expecting” is nervy and cheap. Just like your comment of promoter “gouging”.

You don't think $25 is too much for admission to a card show? It's traditionally been $5, Net54 members free. You just had to print out the post on the board. I do think I paid $5 the last time. Tickets to the National are $22 on-site. You will receive freebies from Topps, Pannini, Fleer, and lots of other companies. I got a free grading coupon (same day) last time I went to the national. You'll get nothing special at Chantilly. I think gouging is completely the correct term. I also do appreciate Ryan's kind offer and I am going to take him up on it. Honestly, I'm looking for two cards at the show...a 1952 Bowman Hodges and a Garver in mid grade. I could probably get those for around what they are charging for Friday admission.

Last edited by bbcard1; 05-13-2021 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:58 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:

what the hell got in your Cheerios this morning? "All due respect", you sound like a douche.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:38 AM
Ryan Phi

I was at the last October show. Friday was extremely busy whereas Sunday I would call dead. Saturday morning was busy but in the afternoon it slowed down. I wasn’t there late on Sunday but I heard a number of dealers packed up really early. I won’t be attending this show and will just hold off for the National. The last Chantilly show I found to be run quite well especially with the restrictions in place. It was great to network but I found prices too high. Didn’t see many deals at all.

Last edited by philo98; 05-14-2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:37 AM
Glyn Parson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I just noticed that the Friday day admission for CSA in Chantilly VA/Dulles shows is $25 from 2 - 5. I normally go up n Fridays and because it is a 400-mile round trip, I prefer to get in and get back on the road before it's too late.

Fridays have traditionally been free admission.

It's a perfectly fine show, but it's not like there are freebies and this isn't the 1980s so there are no particular bargains to be found when the doors open...any hug bargains were scooped up by the show dealers hours before the doors open.

I get COVID and everything, but it seems a lot to pay just in order to spend money.
If you don’t like capitalism move. It shocks me how many people
Truly display this entitled attitude of I deserve a card at a price I deem fair or I deserve entrance to the show cheap cause I just want to look or some similar sentiment. Demand for things are up and supply is down so that means prices go up that’s how capitalism works. Don’t like it stay home you won’t be missed in this hot market.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:27 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
If you don’t like capitalism move. It shocks me how many people
Truly display this entitled attitude of I deserve a card at a price I deem fair or I deserve entrance to the show cheap cause I just want to look or some similar sentiment. Demand for things are up and supply is down so that means prices go up that’s how capitalism works. Don’t like it stay home you won’t be missed in this hot market.
You are projecting quite a lot on me for someone who simply objects to pricing something that has been one thing for years and was multiplied five times for no apparent reason. I could spend the same amount of money and probably get better value by simply ordering online from my desk. I normally spend $500 or more with dealers when I go to a show. That would be missed, especially if you multiply it by a number of people who share my view. Maybe not so much to the guys selling 2021 wax, but for the people who fill out sets and spend money at the tables that are just your bread and butter dealers.

Last edited by bbcard1; 05-14-2021 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:48 AM
Johnny MaZilli

It’s amazing how many people bitch, brining up past prices, the present is now, shit get over and Adapt, sick of the constant crying if you don’t want to pay don’t go, damn. Nobody has to go to this show if $25 has you that bent out of shape don’t go. You Don’t Dictate Rules Because You’re Cheap, Remember That. Again We are talking $25 Friggin Dollars BFD !

I hope this continues, $25 entrance on Friday, keep the dollar box dumpster diving cheap people off the floor.

Last edited by Johnny630; 05-14-2021 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:14 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Friday Sounds Like A Perfect Day To Attend The Show, Less Dollar Box Dumpster Divers Clogging Up The Room.

Not Everything in Life is Free.
What’s wrong with the $1 dumpster divers? Many people look through common boxes to complete sets. Without all parts of the business there isn’t a business. Not everyone goes to shows to spend $10K on a card. Getting kids interested in collecting doesn’t have to be expensive and not everyone at shows are looking for prewar.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:25 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
What’s wrong with the $1 dumpster divers? Many people look through common boxes to complete sets. Without all parts of the business there isn’t a business. Not everyone goes to shows to spend $10K on a card. Getting kids interested in collecting doesn’t have to be expensive and not everyone at shows are looking for prewar.
Kids aren’t the dumpster divers I’m talking, it’s the cheap old men looking for mistakes in dollar boxes.

Kids aren’t buying 66 Topps Tony Olivia or other set building commons from the 60’s in Poor Shape, please.. it’s the dumpster divers looking for mistakes.

Y’all know it’s a true story lol.

Last edited by Johnny630; 05-14-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:52 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:

I hope this continues, $25 entrance on Friday, keep the dollar box dumpster diving cheap people off the floor.
But then what will I do for customers?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-14-2021, 08:06 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I've decided to pass on going to the show on principle and will comment no further. I hope those who go have a nice time.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:10 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Aren’t you a Auction House ?
Old 05-14-2021, 08:11 AM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
what the hell got in your Cheerios this morning? "All due respect", you sound like a douche.

I don’t want to insult the guy but given the market and the huge demand and capacity limits in place they really don’t have to give things for free. Really the OP is being cheap not the promoter. Saying the promoter is gouging people doesn’t put the OP in a good light.

Costs have gone up substantially for these larger shows so we all should be happy they are happening. People need to get the dynamics before spouting off.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:15 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
I don’t want to insult the guy but given the market and the huge demand and capacity limits in place they really don’t have to give things for free. Really the OP is being cheap not the promoter. Saying the promoter is gouging people doesn’t put the OP in a good light.

Costs have gone up substantially for these larger shows so we all should be happy they are happening. People need to get the dynamics before spouting off.

+1
Old 05-14-2021, 08:51 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Aren’t you a Auction House ?
Yes but I started as a dealer who had very well known bargain bins. Was just trying to be light-hearted
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-14-2021, 08:53 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Yes but I started as a dealer who had very well known bargain bins. Was just trying to be light-hearted
Ok cool lol 👍🏻
Old 05-14-2021, 09:17 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Price gouging? Seriously? So you are privy to the promoter's books or the restrictions they might be under?

One big thing to consider: The capacity limitation for this show is 1000. What was the previous capacity limitation? Assuming previously 2000, they would have needed to double the previous entry price to have the same ticket income this time. If the previous limit was 5000, then the ticket income to the promoter (assuming all tickets sold) is effectively the same this time as it was for previous shows.

To put it as simple case, how is it price gouging if you have 1000 tickets available at $25 each or 5000 tickets available at $5 each? I'm not saying whether this is the case or not, just that you don't have enough facts to make that claim.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:29 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

I thought this board would be different but I was wrong. What's the point in being on a board when people can't post opinions about anything without being name called and jumped on. Geez guys. If you don't agree just move along. No point in trying to make an argument over everything. Dang, I have already had to block two negative fight pickers in the last week. Chill.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:35 AM
John Wondowski

Hey, at least the promoter didn't advertise the Friday early bird admission as "Make an offer".
Old 05-14-2021, 09:43 AM
Frank Wakefield

There's a lot of anger in this thread... on both sides.

Golly, guys. Don't you reckon that the promoter's books aren't open to the original poster, nor to those that are what-iffing him? So what's with taking an extreme position on that and then not considering the other extreme?? Maybe the promoter is like the other side in some divorce; first thing they want is money, and the second is more money.

I'm still annoyed about the price of beer at a ballgame. I remember seeing beer sell for less than a dollar in the 60's. There's two kinds of beer at a ballpark... the beer can come to you, or you hafta get up and go get the beer.

I'd be annoyed if I got in free, and then they started charging $5. And I'd be annoyed when it went from $5 up to $25. But I can envision having a reason to enjoy it if it went to $100, more on that later.

And obviously some of you guys are good with throwing down $25 and don't like the whining.

Back when gas got to $5 a gallon, I could see aspects of that I liked. Fewer drivers on the road, less crowding made it easier to get from A to B expeditiously. There were more parking places, so easier to park and closer parking... And the down side was paying double or more for gasoline. So some of you guys who are annoyed with the position of the original poster should be advocating for $100 tickets. Then you would have fewer people with whom to compete as you were searching for cards to buy.

I still am annoyed that we don't get new telephone books.

And when I think about various times I've raised hell or caused problems on the board, it gives me pause; it's a helluva note for me to be the one advocating for folks to calm down...

Now about me getting a new, up to date, telephone directory...
Old 05-14-2021, 09:47 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Kids aren’t the dumpster divers I’m talking, it’s the cheap old men looking for mistakes in dollar boxes.

Kids aren’t buying 66 Topps Tony Olivia or other set building commons from the 60’s in Poor Shape, please.. it’s the dumpster divers looking for mistakes.

I'm a $1 box dumpster diver and I also take offence at those comments.

Rich
Old 05-14-2021, 09:48 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
Hey, at least the promoter didn't advertise the Friday early bird admission as "Make an offer".

Then when you DO make an offer they respond "I'll feel it's worth more than that"

No counter,.no nothing

Aka a n54 seller

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-14-2021, 09:50 AM
Rich Klein

And plenty of other people are "dumpster divers"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000514362860

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000514497406

I was informed these were a couple of the most popular episodes I was on. So there are many people out there who like to hear about that underrated part of the hobby

Rich
Old 05-14-2021, 09:55 AM
Frank Wakefield

One more thing.

Some time ago I won a card on eBay. A mid 60s Pacific Coast League card, I think a popcorn card, of some player that I wanted a card of... realistically it's a bookmark, not some valuable card. Back then, the buyer and seller would email each other to haggle out payment methods and shipping. eBay let us see each other's name and email address.

So, as soon as the auction is over I send the guy my mailing address and ask how he wants paid, that was about lunchtime and I sent that while at my office. I live in Kentucky, the seller was in California. When I got home that night he had responded. He said I could pay with personal check or money order, he didn't care. He said he'd already put the card in the mail, and that he knew I'd pay; he felt that he knew me from posts, talking with other collectors, I'm not even sure how, but he had heard of me and was sure I'd pay. I was impressed... until I looked at the end of his email.

At the end it looked like there was a poem. I thought who the hell collects baseball cards and prose or poetry? Who is this guy that I'd bought a card from. Cautiously, I started to read it. It went pretty close to what's below, because I liked it so much I committed it to memory.

I like to sit outside, drink beer,
and hollar at people.
If I do that at home,
I go to jail.
But if I go to a baseball game,
then I can fit right in.

I know that if a friend and I set up lawn chairs either side of a cooler in my front yard, and we sit there drinking beer and hollaring at those who drive by, we'll last about 10 minutes. Then the police will show up and ask me what the hell am I doing...

But if we go to a ball game, we can sit outside, drink beer, and hollar. We can hollar at one team, or both. We can hollar at the umpires. And at the ballgame they will bring us more beer.
Old 05-14-2021, 09:58 AM
Frank Wakefield

Hey Rich!

I still recall us seeing a no hitter in Arizona, that's where I met you, And I got to talk with Lew Lipset in person... Say well!
Old 05-14-2021, 10:01 AM
Ryan Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Price gouging? Seriously? So you are privy to the promoter's books or the restrictions they might be under?

One big thing to consider: The capacity limitation for this show is 1000. What was the previous capacity limitation? Assuming previously 2000, they would have needed to double the previous entry price to have the same ticket income this time. If the previous limit was 5000, then the ticket income to the promoter (assuming all tickets sold) is effectively the same this time as it was for previous shows.

To put it as simple case, how is it price gouging if you have 1000 tickets available at $25 each or 5000 tickets available at $5 each? I'm not saying whether this is the case or not, just that you don't have enough facts to make that claim.
The show in October 2020 was 1000 capacity as well. There was no waiting to get inside at that show. The only "waiting" was lining up outside before the show started each day. For that October weekend, I did not find the show busy except for Friday evening. It was extremely easy to social distance at that time. There was no waiting at tables to look at product. I was told because of no autograph guests, that attendance was down over previous years. I would assume that is the case this time as well. Also, the market was "hot" in October as it has been the last 7 months.

From the show in October and from a business perspective, it makes sense to charge more on Fridays. That was the bulk of the people last time and will probably be this time.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:18 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Hey Rich!

I still recall us seeing a no hitter in Arizona, that's where I met you, And I got to talk with Lew Lipset in person... Say well!
and Randy Johnson lost despite giving up only 1 run and fanning 14 batters. A quick well-played game and I was back in the hotel so quick thanks to Lew

Rich
Old 05-14-2021, 01:25 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

October admission was $10 on Friday…and Saturday…and Sunday.

They did allow “half day” admission so 5-8 was $5 and 2-5 was $5 — both were $10

This was billed as being due to COVID limitations at the time. Now its just falling in line with what every other show does.

Ill be there Saturday.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:40 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:

I look for stuff I actually collect in the dollar boxes. Some of it is over priced at a dollar, but considering the dealer probably had to drag it around for months or longer before I bought it I think it's reasonable.
Some of the strange 80's-90's varieties.
Classic autograph cards of guys who never went anywhere.
Signature rookies - pretty much anything.
Some of the flashy or die cut or both! inserts that were a big deal but are now dollar box cards.
Broders
I can't really recall ever finding a card in the dollar box that didn't deserve to be there.

Now at stamp shows, I have found stuff that might be called "mistakes" although most of it is stuff that I knew or suspected might be a little more special than being a dollar item. I've found a few, but more often than not, they turn out to not be anything more than a dollar box item. (Also generally not really worth a dollar, but if some old guy is willing to lug in a couple 30Lb boxes of CR** for me to look through he deserves a bit extra. )
On one occasion near the end of the show I was offered the entire dollar box for a very reasonable price.

We can't all be snobby elitists.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:56 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
One more thing.

I know that if a friend and I set up lawn chairs either side of a cooler in my front yard, and we sit there drinking beer and hollaring at those who drive by, we'll last about 10 minutes. Then the police will show up and ask me what the hell am I doing...

But if we go to a ball game, we can sit outside, drink beer, and hollar. We can hollar at one team, or both. We can hollar at the umpires. And at the ballgame they will bring us more beer.
In my neighborhood we call that "Tuesday" .....

Ok, it's not that bad, but unless we were yelling actual threats or doing it at 2AM I doubt the police would even show up.

Years ago I briefly had a room shared with college kids. I was barely out of college. College kids upstairs too.
One day the upstairs were REALLY tearing it up Yelling over the stereo (How could you Miss? That was Zeppelin!) Throwing trash out the windows...
So we decided to call. At the time, the police would only come for a noise complaint if they got calls from three different people. The PD didn't have caller ID then, so three of us called.
About 5 minutes later, the party goes silent, maybe a minute later the police are at the door. OUR door.... they think it's us. We explained that it was upstairs, no, really, upstairs. I think they finally listened when I said I had work in the morning - "wait, how old are you? 23? Hmmm... " I also pointed out that the end of the street was visible from upstairs, so they knew when the police were coming.
They left an officer in our living room, with a stern speech that if upstairs wasn't the problem we were all in a LOT of trouble..

not 30 seconds after they pull away, the party lights up again and a big bag of trash drops past the window.

Officer on the radio yelling to be heard "Holy S***! Get back here! they weren't lying!"

Best thing I'd heard all day.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:49 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
There's a lot of anger in this thread... on both sides.

Golly, guys. Don't you reckon that the promoter's books aren't open to the original poster, nor to those that are what-iffing him? So what's with taking an extreme position on that and then not considering the other extreme?? Maybe the promoter is like the other side in some divorce; first thing they want is money, and the second is more money.

I'm still annoyed about the price of beer at a ballgame. I remember seeing beer sell for less than a dollar in the 60's. There's two kinds of beer at a ballpark... the beer can come to you, or you hafta get up and go get the beer.

I'd be annoyed if I got in free, and then they started charging $5. And I'd be annoyed when it went from $5 up to $25. But I can envision having a reason to enjoy it if it went to $100, more on that later.

And obviously some of you guys are good with throwing down $25 and don't like the whining.

Back when gas got to $5 a gallon, I could see aspects of that I liked. Fewer drivers on the road, less crowding made it easier to get from A to B expeditiously. There were more parking places, so easier to park and closer parking... And the down side was paying double or more for gasoline. So some of you guys who are annoyed with the position of the original poster should be advocating for $100 tickets. Then you would have fewer people with whom to compete as you were searching for cards to buy.

I still am annoyed that we don't get new telephone books.

And when I think about various times I've raised hell or caused problems on the board, it gives me pause; it's a helluva note for me to be the one advocating for folks to calm down...

Now about me getting a new, up to date, telephone directory...
There is a lot of anger on many posts in this forum. I'm shocked that so many people can get their panties in a wad so fast over the most insignificant opinions and topics. It's just cards and everyone collects differently and always have opposing views on most things in life. Agree to disagree and then move on. Not sure why some have to always call others names and be so angry all the time. I think they have medication and therapy for that. LOL.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:23 PM

Turns out the dealers aren't the only ones gouging.

Truer words never spoken. If you look at the scans of the front and back, it's pretty much a happy face made out of what is missing.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t217mono680.jpg (79.7 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg t217mono681.jpg (68.9 KB, 331 views)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 05-14-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Turns out the dealers aren't the only ones gouging.

Truer words never spoken. If you look at the scans of the front and back, it's pretty much a happy face made out of what is missing.

Brian
Is he a spokesperson for Goodwill or a friend of Large Ass?

(The Goodwill reference makes more sense if you only look at the back of the card)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 05-14-2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:27 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
In my neighborhood we call that "Tuesday" .....

Ok, it's not that bad, but unless we were yelling actual threats or doing it at 2AM I doubt the police would even show up.

Years ago I briefly had a room shared with college kids. I was barely out of college. College kids upstairs too.
One day the upstairs were REALLY tearing it up Yelling over the stereo (How could you Miss? That was Zeppelin!) Throwing trash out the windows...
So we decided to call. At the time, the police would only come for a noise complaint if they got calls from three different people. The PD didn't have caller ID then, so three of us called.
About 5 minutes later, the party goes silent, maybe a minute later the police are at the door. OUR door.... they think it's us. We explained that it was upstairs, no, really, upstairs. I think they finally listened when I said I had work in the morning - "wait, how old are you? 23? Hmmm... " I also pointed out that the end of the street was visible from upstairs, so they knew when the police were coming.
They left an officer in our living room, with a stern speech that if upstairs wasn't the problem we were all in a LOT of trouble..

not 30 seconds after they pull away, the party lights up again and a big bag of trash drops past the window.

Officer on the radio yelling to be heard "Holy S***! Get back here! they weren't lying!"

Best thing I'd heard all day.
Thanks, I needed that! Funniest thing I've heard in a long time!
Old 05-16-2021, 05:30 AM
Albert Bee

Default show

Wow...the anger is amusing