NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-04-2020, 10:21 PM
Rob

Top this...

PS...It still hasn't arrived.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USPS2.jpg (61.4 KB, 388 views)
Old 08-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Dave Carson

Here you go.

A single card from Greg Morris cards

Shipped first class sure in the small bubble envelope they typically use

Stuck on LA since July 15.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Update:
I talked to eBay on the phone, and the lady assured me that they'd rule in my favor since the tracking showed delivered. It's been 3 days, and it appears they didn't rule in my favor. The fees haven't been reversed in my account, and the payment is still showing as having come out (in other words the money hasnt been put back into my paypal nor into my bank account).

But I guess it is what it is. What I get for mailing on the same day seller paid.

Last edited by wdwfan; 08-06-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:00 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
Update:
I talked to eBay on the phone, and the lady assured me that they'd rule in my favor since the tracking showed delivered. It's been 3 days, and it appears they didn't rule in my favor. The fees haven't been reversed in my account, and the payment is still showing as having come out (in other words the money hasnt been put back into my paypal nor into my bank account).

But I guess it is what it is. What I get for mailing on the same day seller paid.
That sucks, I would call again.

I have a Boggs bat that has been sitting in Florida for over a week.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Here you go.

No complaints with Greg Morris Cards as a business--love buying from them--but their shipments have always been notoriously slow. I'm in Canada, and their small envelopes would often take 6-8 weeks even before the trouble started with USPS. I switched to having my Morris winnings sent to an American friend. While this was much faster, it was still quite long as compared to similar items I have shipped to U.S. addresses.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Here you go.

Update - card arrived in suburban Indianapolis on August 14.

Two days after Greg Morris Cards refunded me on the basis that the package was lost.

Working with GMC to get them paid for the card. They were very helpful throughout, just not much they can do given the current state of USPS.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:54 AM
Rob

How do you re-pay someone on ebay after they've refunded you? I was in a similar situation (Item was lost then appeared at my door a couple weeks later) a couple months ago and couldn't figure it out so I stealthily sent them my email address and we completed the payment via F&F. Would've done it the "correct" way if they made it a little more easy to figure out.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:39 AM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
How do you re-pay someone on ebay after they've refunded you? I was in a similar situation (Item was lost then appeared at my door a couple weeks later) a couple months ago and couldn't figure it out so I stealthily sent them my email address and we completed the payment via F&F. Would've done it the "correct" way if they made it a little more easy to figure out.
They asked me to send them payment through PayPal to their account.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:40 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
There's not a way to initiate repayment through eBay that I know of. There is a way to appeal a case ruled in the buyer's favor by eBay on a severely delayed package if you later have tracking info that shows it as delivered. In that case though, I suspect eBay would cover the sale amount themselves in most cases rather than going after the buyer for payment a second time. Or simply deny the appeal. I did find out the hard way recently that if you voluntarily refund a buyer on a delayed package rather than waiting on eBay to force the refund, there is no way to appeal your own decision to voluntarily send a refund, even if the package finally turns up.

So unless you're in that situation where eBay ruled against you, reaching out to the seller to resolve it directly as you did is really the only way. And if you're the seller reaching out to the buyer, just hope that they are reasonable.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:43 AM
Mikeknapp

I purchased a game used bat on ebay. Per the tracking number it was to have arrived last Saturday. The seller shipped it from SCHAUMBURG IL on August 12th. Today it arrived in Elk Grove Village IL. It has taken 9 days to travel travel 170 miles. I paid $17.00 for shipping. I understand that a small parcel may fall through the cracks but a baseball bat is not even remotely in the same catagory.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 08-21-2020, 10:01 AM
D@ve R1cks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I purchased a game used bat on ebay. Per the tracking number it was to have arrived last Saturday. The seller shipped it from SCHAUMBURG IL on August 12th. Today it arrived in Elk Grove Village IL. It has taken 9 days to travel travel 170 miles. I paid $17.00 for shipping. I understand that a small parcel may fall through the cracks but a baseball bat is not even remotely in the same catagory.
You don't understand USPS then. Whether it's a small letter, or a bat, they can and do routinely misplace/misroute packages, and the probelm is getting much worse. You paid 17.00 for shipping? Be glad the parcel isn't lost, and is still scanning/moving. That's more than many others are getting.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Top this...

PS...It still hasn't arrived.
Rob, has it arrived yet?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Rob, has it arrived yet?
Sadly no. Made it to Dallas (four hours from me by car) and was in transit from there as of August 1st...never to be heard from again.

I've got a new one too with no tracking updates since 7/31. Sent via priority mail.

It's like USPS has stopped delivering packages.

I hope that everyone realizes at this point, that priority mail no longer exists and paying or charging someone for it is an absolute waste of money. If it can be avoided, I would.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Sadly no. Made it to Dallas (four hours from me by car) and was in transit from there as of August 1st...never to be heard from again.

I've got a new one too with no tracking updates since 7/31. Sent via priority mail.

It's like USPS has stopped delivering packages.

I hope that everyone realizes at this point, that priority mail no longer exists and paying or charging someone for it is an absolute waste of money. If it can be avoided, I would.
I feel your pain. I have a priority package from Heritage that has been in the void since Aug 5. Frustrating
Old 08-14-2020, 05:31 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
I feel your pain. I have a priority package from Heritage that has been in the void since Aug 5. Frustrating
Update:

File missing mail claim Aug 13 in the morning after not seeing any update for priority package since arrival in Coppell TX on Aug 5.

8hrs later it is scanned in to hub in Maryland.
Next day item is delivered

Sooooo file missing mail claim if something is MIA...can’t hurt.