NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-01-2022, 11:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Ok logical fallacies aside we have to agree with you that pwcc is the worst actor based on the number of posts here. Done and done.
Think whatever you want, but base it on facts.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:46 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Ok logical fallacies aside we have to agree with you that pwcc is the worst actor based on the number of posts here. Done and done.
Any evidence you have to refute any claim that has been made would be welcome. A logical argument at least would also be welcome.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Yes but it's couched in logical fallacy terms -- he hasn't been charged or convicted therefore he didn't do anything wrong.

BTW do innocent people choose to cooperate with the FBI?
We should cut them some slack, after all being a PWCC shill is a very difficult task these days
Old 05-01-2022, 11:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
We should cut them some slack, after all being a PWCC shill is a very difficult task these days
It's interesting, for years, people vehemently defended PWCC. One "The Scandal" really came to light, virtually nobody did. Now, people seem to be doing so again, or at least in the lukewarm sense of claiming it's all an unproven conspiracy theory, or saying they're no worse than everyone else in the hobby, etc.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:53 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

You either do bad things or you don't, period, and if you do, anyone helping is an accessory. Enablers grease the machinery of wrongdoing. Like the guy installing plumbing on the Death Star. Never lifted a gun, or hurt a soul, just went to work every day installing toilets, until he was blown up. Tragic? Nope. Without his work, the genocidal Grand Moff Tarkin has nowhere to drop a deuce. In this case, despite the abundant information about its new partner, CSG management has decided to get in bed with PWCC and help that enterprise prosper. CSG deserves scorn and a consumer boycott.
Good, so people should also quit using the US postal service that delivers their mail, find out who they buy office supplies from so everyone can boycott them, shut off/cancel their gas, water, sewer, electricity if they currently get any of these utilities from the same provider PWCC gets their utilities from, immediately close out and move any and all accounts/funds they have from whatever bank(s) PWCC also uses, find out if PWCC uses PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, or any other payment services as part of their business, and if so, everyone else should immediately discontinue using those services, and so on. And every employee of PWCC should be shunned and scorned by family and friends, and denied help and service from any and all other companies, stores, and businesses, to the point that no grocery store will ever sell them food for themselves and their families, and no doctor will even take them on as a patient.

Oh, and I'm forgetting the best example of all, PWCC's attorney(s), both in-house and external, if applicable, should be disbarred permanently for daring to work with and represent a known criminal enterprise. In fact, based on your logic, any attorney ever representing any criminal or criminal enterprise should probably be immediately and permanently disbarred.

And I can easily extend your logic even further. Since it is an indisputable fact that a portion of current practicing attorneys make money off of representing known criminals and criminal enterprises, it is an additional fact that other attorneys, like yourself for example, are well aware of that, yet allow such criminally involved/associated attorneys to belong to the same Bar Association and related organizations as the rest of you licensed attorneys. And because all attorneys get support and resources from the Bar and related organizations, why do all the non-criminally involved/associated attorneys allow those attorneys representing criminals to belong to the same organizations as them, interact with them, help support and at least indirectly supply them with resources they then can use on behalf of criminals, and so on? Even though you may not be doing any of that directly yourself, why aren't you actively seeking to have these criminally involved/associated attorneys removed from such organizations or disbarred? And absent being able to, or having no success in doing so, why haven't you instead removed yourself from the Bar, and any other of these organizations, so you aren't potentially tainted by some direct/indirect affiliation, enabling, or interaction with these criminally associated attorneys?

And by the way, I like the Star Wars reference, even though it's a little bit out there. But let me add a more real world twist to your question of a moral dilemma. Instead of the Death Star, you're looking at a WW II concentration camp in Poland, and a local civilian is conscripted and put to work in the camp and ordered what to do. He sees and is aware of what is being done, but shuts up and does as he is told. Even though he has not had his life directly threatened, he has a wife and small children outside the camp he still needs to be around for to look after and support. The war ends and years later he's suddenly accused and brought up on war crimes charges. So, is he guilty, or should he have risked getting shot and killed by not following orders while working at the camp, and leaving his wife and children to fend for themselves? Decisions aren't always so crystal clear, are they? And we both know that regardless of how you would answer this moral dilemma question, there will be a group out there somewhere that would vehemently attack and seek to discredit you if they were aware of how you responded and had a ready platform to come after you on.

And along the lines of coming after someone, I'd be more cautious about that very last statement you posted, "CSG deserves scorn and a consumer boycott.", especially on a public forum like this which directly interacts with and is followed by numerous businesses and individuals that could all be potential CSG customers. I think we both know it wouldn't be impossible to dig up at least a few of your legal brethren who would be happy to come after you for making that libelous statement about boycotting CSG, if they thought they could get a pay day (and I'm not talking candy bars) out of it. Especially since CSG has been neither accused nor convicted of any crimes or misdeeds that I'm aware of, and though they have been accused, PWCC has never (at least not yet) to my knowledge been formally charged or convicted of any crimes or misdeeds either. I believe your profession still follows the "Innocent till proven guilty in a court off law." mantra, right? And the fact that, to my knowledge, you are not also publicly calling out for a consumer boycott of any other individuals or enterprises currently or previously engaged in business in some way with PWCC would on the surface seem to indicate you are specifically targeting CSG, and CSG alone, with your statement. The legal profession is one I feel truly does not always embrace and adhere very well to the old adage and concept of, "Honor among thieves."
Old 05-01-2022, 11:57 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
It's interesting, for years, people vehemently defended PWCC. One "The Scandal" really came to light, virtually nobody did. Now, people seem to be doing so again, or at least in the lukewarm sense of claiming it's all an unproven conspiracy theory, or saying they're no worse than everyone else in the hobby, etc.
This behavior is why, personally, I think the best detective work was the work on modern cards that are serial numbered. The unique serializing makes it entirely undeniable that these cards were, in fact, the exact same card and clearly trimmed. Which is probably why we see nobody actually challenge the evidence itself, simply throw absurd illogical statements around and try to lump in the documentation of PWCC's guilt with conspiracy theories. When you got nothing else to throw, throw bull!@#$
Old 05-01-2022, 11:58 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Well we got through 104 posts before Godwin's law was proven yet again.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
This behavior is why, personally, I think the best detective work was the work on modern cards that are serial numbered. The unique serializing makes it entirely undeniable that these cards were, in fact, the exact same card and clearly trimmed. Which is probably why we see nobody actually challenge the evidence itself, simply throw absurd illogical statements around and try to lump in the documentation of PWCC's guilt with conspiracy theories. When you got nothing else to throw, throw bull!@#$
Repeating what I said in another thread as it seems relevant here.

Keep in mind that with strict rules of evidence and a very high burden of proof, not all crimes can be successfully prosecuted in court. At one point Brent Huigens was a cooperating witness and his rumored decision not to cooperate may have changed the prosecutor's calculus. If indeed this is all over from the criminal justice angle, and we don't know that, I think evidentiary considerations likely were more the reason than either the FBI or the prosecutor considering this unimportant. Prosecutors only like to pursue cases they feel they have a strong chance of winning. The evidence in the court of public opinion is quite different from what is admissible in court. They couldn't just put up screenshots of Blowout threads.

All speculation of course.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Well we got through 104 posts before Godwin's law was proven yet again.
That law goes all the way back to the early usenet groups if memory serves.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:02 PM
Scott Russell

dumb question. How long (without the additional delaying effects of a pandemic) did the investigation of Mastro take? Doug Allen? Operation Bullpen? Was there a point in those investigations where people were like "see they didn't do anything because they haven't been charged and it's been 'X' amount of time"???
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-01-2022, 12:07 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
That law goes all the way back to the early usenet groups if memory serves.
I looked it up, it goes back to 1990 in usenet groups apparently. I don't remember hearing it until the mid 2000's.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I looked it up, it goes back to 1990 in usenet groups apparently. I don't remember hearing it until the mid 2000's.
Yeah human nature being what it is, it probably came up in the first controversial thread ever.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:11 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
dumb question. How long (without the additional delaying effects of a pandemic) did the investigation of Mastro take? Doug Allen? Operation Bullpen? Was there a point in those investigations where people were like "see they didn't do anything because they haven't been charged and it's been 'X' amount of time"???
It was apparently three years after the FBI was seen at the 2009 National that Mastro and Allen were indicted. Presumably the investigation was then necessarily longer than that (source: https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c...-fraud-charges). It was 3 more years, I 2015, that he was sentenced.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Mastro I believe closed down in 2009 and was indicted in 2012. The recent indictment for autograph fraud concerned activities several years before. Sometimes these things do take time. Again, I have no knowledge at all about the investigation of PWCC etc. etc.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:13 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Yeah human nature being what it is, it probably came up in the first controversial thread ever.
Seriously, I would love to read some of the first public chat board threads in internet history. I imagine little has changed, except we have more developed memes now.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Seriously, I would love to read some of the first public chat board threads in internet history. I imagine little has changed, except we have more developed memes now.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/pky7...e-utzoo-online

Old 05-01-2022, 12:39 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Here goes my productivity for the week.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:10 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Yup, people back then claimed they were right and rudely shot down others. Not much has changed apparently.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Yup, people back then claimed they were right and rudely shot down others. Not much has changed apparently.
Still waiting for you to provide a single shred of evidence or a coherent logical argument. Still waiting for you to show me where anyone said that PWCC is the "sole actor" committing fraud.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:46 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Geez, Bob, talk about going far afield...the Holocaust, really? Not a good thing to put into a friggin' card thread, and I am not going to respond to it substantively. I used Star Wars as an example to try and keep it in the realm of inoffensive fiction.

As for attorneys, there are indeed people out there who believe that suspected criminals should not get a defense, or even a trial. Just take 'em out and shoot 'em. Fortunately, our Constitution's Bill of Rights differs. Everyone is entitled to a defense as a right, and that means someone has to do the defending. Me, personally, I did not want to do that sort of work so I am strictly a civil practitioner, but I understand and respect the Constitutional role that criminal defense attorneys have in our system. If PWCC and/or its principals are indicted, they too will be entitled to the best defense they can procure, and I do not begrudge them their defense or their day in court. That said, I don't want to defend them and would not sign on to defend an adjunct civil case against them if asked. Unlike an accused criminal, no one is entitled to a graded card. No one's liberty is threatened if a card gets graded or not.

CSG has decided to take on PWCC's baggage by partnering with it. That is their choice. I can choose where to spend my hobby money. I choose not to buy from PWCC because of their history and the likelihood that I will get a doctored card. I also can choose not to do business with CSG as a result.

The basic issue you raise is contextual. Nuance. Not something Americans do well. Should a conscript refuse to serve? Depends on what is being asked and what is being threatened. Muhammad Ali was willing to go to prison over his objections to being drafted. Some consider that an unforgivable breach of duty to the country; others consider it a justified refusal to violate his religious beliefs. Both answers are right and both are wrong, depending on the context. Refusing to serve in Vietnam is far different than refusing to serve in WWII. Context.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-01-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

PWCC has been represented by counsel since the beginning of The Scandal.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:05 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
PWCC has been represented by counsel since the beginning of The Scandal.
Yes, by really good counsel. And they are entitled to the defense.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-01-2022, 03:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
No question. Imagine this country without the right to counsel and to a trial by jury.

Old 05-01-2022, 03:20 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Each of us hoping that none of our cards ever spent time with PWCC before we owned them...

Excessive-Sweating-Man444.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:58 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

What I just don’t understand is why they’ve become the easy target here. When others do shady things it’s passed off like oh I’d trust him with my wallet. Probably a bunch of people that would trust the pwcc head with their wallet. Just always thought it was curious that pwcc is the chosen mark.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
What I just don’t understand is why they’ve become the easy target here. When others do shady things it’s passed off like oh I’d trust him with my wallet. Probably a bunch of people that would trust the pwcc head with their wallet. Just always thought it was curious that pwcc is the chosen mark.
Are you seriously trying to equate REA with PWCC, Brian Dwyer with Brent Huigens? OMG if so. People have answered the why question repeatedly and you're just not listening to the answer.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:08 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to equate REA with PWCC, Brian Dwyer with Brent Huigens? OMG if so. People have answered the why question repeatedly and you're just not listening to the answer.
Not equating those two but use them as an example - you know them both personally or worked for them?
Old 05-01-2022, 05:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Not equating those two but use them as an example - you know them both personally or worked for them?
I have had many direct interactions with Brent over the years by email and occasionally by phone, many involving questioning him about altered cards, relationships with card doctors, and so forth. I've posted many of the responses over the years. I don't know Brian well but I've known him somewhat since he was a kid on a nonpublic message board I used to belong to. My most recent dealing with Brian was letting him know, the day of the most recent auction, that a card was bad and despite the late notice it was taken down before the close.

Any attempt to equate the two is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
It has been explained to you several times already. Your continued implication that REA is on PWCC’s level you have refused to back up though.

The PWCC shills used to be a lot better.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:15 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I have had many direct interactions with Brent over the years by email and occasionally by phone, many involving questioning him about altered cards. I've posted many of the responses over the years. I don't know Brian well but I've known him somewhat since he was a kid on a nonpublic message board I used to belong to. My most recent dealing with Brian was letting him know, the day of the most recent auction, that a card was bad and despite the late notice it was taken down before the close.
Just seems like you were quick to judge the extended auction handling as no big deal. Like I’ve said before, seems like pwcc can do no right and others can do no wrong. Not black and white.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:16 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
It has been explained to you several times already. Your continued implication that REA is on PWCC’s level you have refused to back up though.

The PWCC shills used to be a lot better.
Internet bully. Probably got picked on in high school.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Just seems like you were quick to judge the extended auction handling as no big deal. Like I’ve said before, seems like pwcc can do no right and others can do no wrong. Not black and white.
Their software was obviously malfunctioning. It was like 1AM. I am sure it was extremely stressful. He made a decision. Like you would have made a better one? And you want to equate that with PWCC who is or was under federal investigation and who initially was a cooperating witness meaning their intent was to plead? Please. Why you are committing to this is way beyond me.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:21 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Their software was obviously malfunctioning. It was like 1AM. I am sure it was extremely stressful. He made a decision. Like you would have made a better one? And you want to equate that with PWCC who is or was under federal investigation and who initially was a cooperating witness? Please. Why you are committing to this is way beyond me.
The decision point is where you seem to be giving a free pass. Don’t run an auction with bad software. If pwcc did the same - and never consigned or sent anything to the vault - you guys would have been all over it as fraud.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
The decision point is where you seem to be giving a free pass. Don’t run an auction with bad software. If pwcc did the same - and never consigned or sent anything to the vault - you guys would have been all over it as fraud.
You're insane. I've defended Brent here on certain things and said publicly one of the Cortney Delorme texts people go gaga about didn't mean much of anything. I have no bias.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 05:25 PM.
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Internet bully. Probably got picked on in high school.
I didn't even go to a high school. Calling you out on your lies you can't even attempt to backup is not exactly bullying. How about you provide evidence for your claims?
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
+1
Old 05-01-2022, 05:27 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I didn't even go to a high school. Calling you out on your lies you can't even attempt to backup is not exactly bullying. How about you provide evidence for your claims?
My claim is you guys seem to throw pwcc under a bus all the time and pass on others. What evidence can I give you? It’s just what I’ve read.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:29 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Also, lies? Chill
Old 05-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Also, lies? Chill
Where is your evidence REA has been doing what PWCC is? Put up, or shut up comes into play at some point. You keep hurling implication at people and groups and refuse to back them up again and again.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:37 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Because just authenticating cards via Ebay doesn't get more graded cards in CSG slabs out there in the hobby. Partnering to grade cards with PWCC will.
CSG is going after market share and public acceptance so the more of their cards out in the market and the more that start to circulate thru the auction houses the more they will be accepted, thought about and used. PWCC gives them a steady flow of cards to accomplish to get themselves established.

If done right and if the prices stay steady or even increase but not dramatically then perhaps they think they can pickup more of the graded market as PSA and SGC and others rates are to high for many cards to be worth grading

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 05-01-2022, 05:49 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Where is your evidence REA has been doing what PWCC is? Put up, or shut up comes into play at some point. You keep hurling implication at people and groups and refuse to back them up again and again.
I never said rea does what pwcc does. Chill. And don’t tell me or anyone to shut up.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:56 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I never said rea does what pwcc does. Chill. And don’t tell me or anyone to shut up.
When you've refused to provide the evidence for your assertions of equal wrong doing over and over again, 'put up or shut up' is fair. You've refused to back up any of your claims, and lied about what people have said in this very thread.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:04 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
When you've refused to provide the evidence for your assertions of equal wrong doing over and over again, 'put up or shut up' is fair. You've refused to back up any of your claims, and lied about what people have said in this very thread.
Where did I say equal wrongdoing?
Old 05-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Where did I say equal wrongdoing?
"For me, I just don’t understand why the claims agains pwcc gain more traction than those against others."

That sure sounds to me like you're saying equal wrongdoing, otherwise you would understand the difference in traction.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-01-2022 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:30 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

The recent REA auction getting extended for an entire day was an absolute bullshit move. I was high bidder on multiple listings at the time. The site was down for a few minutes. Maybe 10 minutes max. But then they kept draggin it on for hours while communicating to us buyers that we would have just 10 more minutes to put in our final bids. So they were squeezing every bit of juice they could out of it. Then after all of us were kept up for hours, checking our listings, they decided to extend it another day. It was absolutely a shitbag thing to do to the buyers and was 100% a money grab. Well, it worked. They got a lot more money (this time anyhow). But the lost a consigner in the process. I had 75k worth of cards that were previously heading their way, but are now going to Heritage instead.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:32 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
"For me, I just don’t understand why the claims agains pwcc gain more traction than those against others."

That sure sounds to me like you're saying equal wrongdoing, otherwise you would understand the difference in traction.
That’s a fantastic reading.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:33 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
The recent REA auction getting extended for an entire day was an absolute bullshit move. I was high bidder on multiple listings at the time. The site was down for a few minutes. Maybe 10 minutes max. But then they kept draggin it on for hours while communicating to us buyers that we would have just 10 more minutes to put in our final bids. So they were squeezing every bit of juice they could out of it. Then after all of us were kept up for hours, checking our listings, they decided to extend it another day. It was absolutely a shitbag thing to do to the buyers and was 100% a money grab. Well, it worked. They got a lot more money (this time anyhow). But the lost a consigner in the process. I had 75k worth of cards that were previously heading their way, but are now going to Heritage instead.
Yeah but the auction head can handle your wallet if you want. He’s a good dude.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
That’s a fantastic reading.
Yeah I'm just stupid, don't get the meaning of your crystal clear prose, and Greg is stupid too.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:53 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Yeah I'm just stupid, don't get the meaning of your crystal clear prose, and Greg is stupid too.
Don’t invent a straw man. You’re better than that.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:05 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
In speaking with others who were bidding in that auction, this was their beef too. The connection might have been slow at various points but bids were being placed frantically, lots remaining open, bids being placed on them again for a considerable amount of time and then a notice sent that it was being extended after many people went all in to win. I have two friends who bid with REA and spend a good deal of money there who claim they will not be bidding again and have told the owner. Personally I think they will but I get how frustrating that must have been.