NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-15-2021, 10:30 AM

Default Seeking Strategic Partner(s) for SportsCardScanner.com

Hello Everyone,

I am Fred Barnes, crazed sports card collector, vintage card dealer, T206 addict, and the founder and owner of sportscardscanner.com. Sportscardscanner.com is a website and mobile app that takes images of sports cards, matches them to a database, and then allows you to do some cool things like automatically document all of the card details, add to your collection, automatically update your checklists, see eBay comps and listings, sell...etc. We even have browser extensions that allow you to right click on a card image and instantly see its details and ebay comps to save you the time of manually searching!

I built Sports Card Scanner because as a dealer, I was always frustrated with how long it took me to scan and document the details for cards to list them for sale. I focused on vintage cards, and while there is a great market for vintage commons, the time it took to list them versus what they sold for drained me. I always wanted software that would take the image of a card, and then load in all the details for me. Since the software didn't exist, and since I have a background in software development, I decided to build it.

We are now done with our first version of the software, the website is up and running, and the mobile apps are waiting on Apple and Google to approve to become available in the app stores (hoping to be publicly available in 1 week). I think a lot of people will love the app and am hopeful that the commercial potential for this is as great as I think it is. I have a lot of money invested, and even more time invested to get to this point.

I am now seeking strategic partners to join me in the business. Individuals who have industry experience that can help accelerate the success of the site and the app. I am very open to they types of experience and backgrounds people have, and am most interested in finding people I enjoy to work with who are as passionate about the collecting hobby as I am, and who are interested in building tools for collectors and dealers that will add to the hobby's enjoyment and solve problems that exist within the industry.

If you are interested in playing a role in SportsCardScanner.com and would possibly want to partner up and join me on this exciting journey as we launch the company, shoot me a message and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, and happy collecting!

- Fred Barnes
Old 09-15-2021, 11:31 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Congratulations, Fred. I will definitely be utilizing the app. Good luck with the venture. Be well, brother...
Old 09-15-2021, 02:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Good luck, Fred. And thanks for allowing Net54baseball.com to help spread the word.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:08 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Hi,

This looks very interesting and it looks like it has some great potential.

Can you just clarify. Little on what you need or are looking for in a strategic partnership? Is it resources? Is it IT? Is it baseball a acumen.

Thanks

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 09-15-2021, 03:48 PM

PM sent
Old 09-15-2021, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the question, mrreality68;

As far as what we are looking for in partners, it really varies. Someone with experience marketing and selling a subscription app, a high volume dealer who can help influence how we build the product so that it serves other dealers well, someone with development background who wants to actually help code, someone who wants to integrate other technologies into the service offering, someone part time who wants to help with customer service, or maybe even someone who just loves the hobby and wants to invest cash and be part of something they love… I am really open to anything at this point and mostly interested to hear ideas from folks on how they can contribute.

It’s a lot of work building, maintaining, promoting, and managing something like this, especially yourself, so I’m just looking for good honest people who can help with my passion.

On that note, anyone interested, fee free to pm me and I can setup a personal demo and walkthrough of everything, or you can signup for a free account and play with the web app yourself at http://app.SportsCardScanner.com
Old 09-16-2021, 09:47 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Cards View Post
Thanks for the question, mrreality68;

As far as what we are looking for in partners, it really varies. Someone with experience marketing and selling a subscription app, a high volume dealer who can help influence how we build the product so that it serves other dealers well, someone with development background who wants to actually help code, someone who wants to integrate other technologies into the service offering, someone part time who wants to help with customer service, or maybe even someone who just loves the hobby and wants to invest cash and be part of something they love… I am really open to anything at this point and mostly interested to hear ideas from folks on how they can contribute.

It’s a lot of work building, maintaining, promoting, and managing something like this, especially yourself, so I’m just looking for good honest people who can help with my passion.

On that note, anyone interested, fee free to pm me and I can setup a personal demo and walkthrough of everything, or you can signup for a free account and play with the web app yourself at http://app.SportsCardScanner.com

Thanks for the clarification. I see Ryan emailed you. You are in good hands

And I am sure you will find other great people on this board

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 09-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Jim Parker

This is impressive. Are you using machine vision and deep learning? I ask because i used to work for a company (software director) and managed a team of people that did that work. I had the idea for this about 10 years ago, but alas never pursued it. I just tried a few random pics and it worked beautifully.

It has a TON of potential and i think mostly as a licensing play (with card ladder, or VCP, etc.). The phone app will be critical. I think this is great work!

thx, jim.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:22 PM
Randy

good luck, hope you are very successful
Old 09-17-2021, 10:44 AM

Hi Parker,

Yes, it uses machine vision and AI to make the match. This is our first version of the "matching engine" and we have a ton of ideas on how to make it even more accurate and faster. Glad that it worked so well for you in your limited tests of the service! We can't wait for the mobile apps to get approved and be available on the app stores, hopefully any day now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerj33 View Post
This is impressive. Are you using machine vision and deep learning? I ask because i used to work for a company (software director) and managed a team of people that did that work. I had the idea for this about 10 years ago, but alas never pursued it. I just tried a few random pics and it worked beautifully.

It has a TON of potential and i think mostly as a licensing play (with card ladder, or VCP, etc.). The phone app will be critical. I think this is great work!

thx, jim.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:44 AM

Thanks RL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL View Post
good luck, hope you are very successful
Old 09-19-2021, 09:44 AM

Default Bump

First bump

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I am Fred Barnes, crazed sports card collector, vintage card dealer, T206 addict, and the founder and owner of sportscardscanner.com. Sportscardscanner.com is a website and mobile app that takes images of sports cards, matches them to a database, and then allows you to do some cool things like automatically document all of the card details, add to your collection, automatically update your checklists, see eBay comps and listings, sell...etc. We even have browser extensions that allow you to right click on a card image and instantly see its details and ebay comps to save you the time of manually searching!

I built Sports Card Scanner because as a dealer, I was always frustrated with how long it took me to scan and document the details for cards to list them for sale. I focused on vintage cards, and while there is a great market for vintage commons, the time it took to list them versus what they sold for drained me. I always wanted software that would take the image of a card, and then load in all the details for me. Since the software didn't exist, and since I have a background in software development, I decided to build it.

We are now done with our first version of the software, the website is up and running, and the mobile apps are waiting on Apple and Google to approve to become available in the app stores (hoping to be publicly available in 1 week). I think a lot of people will love the app and am hopeful that the commercial potential for this is as great as I think it is. I have a lot of money invested, and even more time invested to get to this point.

I am now seeking strategic partners to join me in the business. Individuals who have industry experience that can help accelerate the success of the site and the app. I am very open to they types of experience and backgrounds people have, and am most interested in finding people I enjoy to work with who are as passionate about the collecting hobby as I am, and who are interested in building tools for collectors and dealers that will add to the hobby's enjoyment and solve problems that exist within the industry.

If you are interested in playing a role in SportsCardScanner.com and would possibly want to partner up and join me on this exciting journey as we launch the company, shoot me a message and let me know your thoughts.

- Fred Barnes
Old 09-20-2021, 02:38 PM

Final Bump

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

- Fred Barnes
Old 09-20-2021, 03:25 PM

Fist bump for both first and final bumps.

Brian
Old 09-21-2021, 03:03 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Hi Fred, I don't really have the bandwidth to contribute to the project, but it sounds like fun. I do work as a data scientist though, and write similar machine learning code for work. Is this your area of expertise as wwell or are you hiring out the coding to someone else? I'd be happy to share my thoughts about the challenges you'll likely encounter, where it would be most likely to perform well, and some possible ways to improve the model's accuracy, if you'd like. If you're interested in that feedback, feel free to send me a PM.

Cool project though. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2021, 10:50 AM
Jim Parker

Hey Fred. I would love to help out In some way. I’m a software and web developer and also a tinkerer. I am the guy that invented the card sorting robot.

I think you likely are looking for help in the marketing and sales area but if I can help let me know. I love the technology you have developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2021, 11:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Fist bump for both first and final bumps.

Brian
First bump for the last bump to the first and final bumps.

It looks like a great idea and I wish the OP the best of luck...

Last edited by Leon; 09-21-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:34 AM

Our Apple iOS app for iPhone and iPad has now been approved and listed on the App Store! Please give it a try and let us know what you think As a reminder, anyone who signs up this week will get the app free for life!

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

- Fred Barnes
Old 09-22-2021, 12:57 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Hi

I just went to the App store and found it and download it.

I registered.

The verification email came fast (went to junk mail) for me.

Tried my first card and quick and simple to use and found related cards also.

I will have to explore the usage and other tools of it

Thanks

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 09-22-2021, 03:53 PM
Randy

tried to activate...says invalid verification code

tried to reregister....now get server error when try to activate my account

Last edited by RL; 09-22-2021 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typo...
Old 09-22-2021, 04:53 PM
Doug

Quote:

Same
Old 09-22-2021, 05:14 PM

Can you close the app and reopening then try logging in with the information you registered with?

Quote:

Old 09-22-2021, 05:15 PM

Can you try closing the app, reopening, and then logging in with the info you registered with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1216 View Post
Same
Old 09-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Ch@d

Hi Fred. I just signed up, anxious to try out your service. My first card entered was a T3 turkey red. It seems that the set is not supported yet. Amusingly, the 1982 Galasso reprints are supported. Is there anywhere on the site where I can review a list of currently supported sets? And any news on planned additions in the future?

Thanks.
Chad
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson

Last edited by chadeast; 09-22-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:17 PM

Hey Chad,

We will have a list of all sets posted in the next couple weeks and we will put in a request form to add new sets. I’m surprised we missed the T3 Turkey Reds, I’m going to add those now. Do you mind sending me a private message with the couple of images you tested with? I’d like to use those to test myself, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeast View Post
Hi Fred. I just signed up, anxious to try out your service. My first card entered was a T3 turkey red. It seems that the set is not supported yet. Amusingly, the 1982 Galasso reprints are supported. Is there anywhere on the site where I can review a list of currently supported sets? And any news on planned additions in the future?

Thanks.
Chad
Old 09-22-2021, 06:20 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Hey Chad,

We will have a list of all sets posted in the next couple weeks and we will put in a request form to add new sets. I’m surprised we missed the T3 Turkey Reds, I’m going to add those now. Do you mind sending me a private message with the couple of images you tested with? I’d like to use those to test myself, thanks!
I'll PM you now.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson
Old 09-23-2021, 12:18 PM
Randy

Quote:
Can you close the app and reopening then try logging in with the information you registered with?
still getting server error
Old 09-23-2021, 12:35 PM

Do you have any way to take a screenshot of the server error? Or give me details on what the error says?

Quote:
still getting server error
Old 09-23-2021, 01:13 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Do you have any way to take a screenshot of the server error? Or give me details on what the error says?
Hopefully you can figure out the issue.
I have been playing with the app the last several days and no issues and a lot of potential uses for it

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 09-23-2021, 02:54 PM
Randy

Quote:

Fail!
Server Error and please try again.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:42 PM

Hi,

Thanks for creating the app. I tried it out today. I too initially had trouble with the authentication when setting up the account. I then restarted my phone and was able to log in to the app.

I successfully added a few cards. The first time I took a picture of only the card without the PSA label and it correctly identified the card. The second card included both the PSA holder/label in the picture. The app added the card and auto-populated the grader's name and grade as well. It worked for a couple of other cards I tried as well.

I have a couple of questions. How does the checklist work? Is it possible to download the data in a list after I've entered more of my collection?