NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Default National Pastime, Main Street, Cooperstown

Posted By: Tom Russo

There have been several posts over the years about the National Pastime, a great shop in Cooperstown that was more like a memorabilia gallery with huge display space. It has always attracted passersby because of the figural trophies, baseball art and early bats in the front window. I learned from a realtor friend of mine in C'town that the National Pastime has closed and the building is for sale. A real shame. It was the nicest baseball shop in town for many years. A sign of the times.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

that is a shame. my dad & i have been going up to Cooperstown almost every year since the early '90's...that was one of our favorite shops. i actually bought this signed print there last visit...(signed by the artist Arthur Miller...NOT Joe!) wink.gif

[linked image]

Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty q

I too have been there many times, and bought a couple of items, maybe another economic sign of the times?? best shop in c'town.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Russo

That is a beauty! Not sure but I heard they may still operate the online end of the business.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I haven't been to Cooperstown in about 10 years but I remember the National Pastime store. Sad to see it close.

marty

Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David McDonald

Of all the memorabilia joints in all the towns in all the world, they had to close National Pastime. The wife and I spent a magic week in Cooperstown in the Fall of '07. Even without the HOF it is a charming little town, a throwback to kinder, gentler days. One thing I would have changed though is to get rid of 3/4's of the memorabilia shops all selling the same ersatz shmata. National Pastime was in a whole 'nother category. As big as a small barn and crammed literally to the rafters with every sort of baseball artifact, kind of like if they held the National in the Shrunken City of Kandor. I spent a couple of hours craning my neck looking it over. Didn't buy a thing, was way too expensive, but I count it as one of my most pleasant experiences in C'town. Gotta wonder where all that stuff is going to wind up.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Old 02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Great place-I think they sold consingments or rented out those disply cases but still awesome stuff everywhere. That is too bad, I always liked going in there.