NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-31-2019, 03:16 PM
Joshua

Not relevant to post.

Last edited by joshuanip; 05-31-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:37 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

Thoughts on this "asset"?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steph-Curry...IAAOSw91Jc8Kxi

Seems like a trim would be tough to detect!

Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi4442 View Post
Thoughts on this "asset"?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steph-Curry...IAAOSw91Jc8Kxi

Seems like a trim would be tough to detect!

Its ok, he has a 30 day return policy. If you dont like it you can return it (but he may ban you).
Old 05-31-2019, 04:20 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

The hits keep on coming with this guy, but unfortunately, he is going to win out and keep laughing all the way to the bank....
Old 05-31-2019, 04:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
The hits keep on coming with this guy, but unfortunately, he is going to win out and keep laughing all the way to the bank....
Who, Brent? Gary?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:39 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Who, Brent? Gary?
Brent..
Old 05-31-2019, 04:47 PM
pete ullman

i'm no graphic designer...BUT!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.46.19 PM.jpg (9.8 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.41.08 PM.jpg (7.2 KB, 468 views)
Old 05-31-2019, 05:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Brent..
I think you are wrong. He will not skate.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:24 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

The guys at BO have done an amazing job in their detective work. The before and after pics are irrefutable evidence. Good thing previous auction sales and scans are recorded.

But I wonder how many doctored cards are out there residing in PSA slabs that will never be known? Cards where there are no before scans available? Cards that Moser purchased at a shop, show or other private sale for doctoring? I guess we'll truly never know.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
The guys at BO have done an amazing job in their detective work. The before and after pics are irrefutable evidence. Good thing previous auction sales and scans are recorded.

But I wonder how many doctored cards are out there residing in PSA slabs that will never be known? Cards where there are no before scans available? Cards that Moser purchased at a shop, show or other private sale for doctoring? I guess we'll truly never know.
As I have posted this goes WELL beyond this single individual. There are many card doctors.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:54 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
As I have posted this goes WELL beyond this single individual. There are many card doctors.
Understood. My statement wasn't really about the doctors, but about the doctored cards. They're easy to verify because there are before and after photos. I was just pondering how many exist that we'll never know about because the cards were purchased at a shop or show or other private sale, were doctored, but we'll never know about because there were no before photos for comparison.

After PSA cleans house and gets rid of the employees that were involved, dont you think they should offer some kind of service to their customers like a FREE evaluation? For what it's worth I think Sloan is a piece of crap for not addressing this.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Understood. My statement wasn't really about the doctors, but about the doctored cards. They're easy to verify because there are before and after photos. I was just pondering how many exist that we'll never know about because the cards were purchased at a shop or show or other private sale, were doctored, but we'll never know about because there were no before photos for comparison.

After PSA cleans house and gets rid of the employees that were involved, dont you think they should offer some kind of service to their customers like a FREE evaluation? For what it's worth I think Sloan is a piece of crap for not addressing this.
We'll never know more than a fraction of it. The good news I guess is that SO many cards are out there it may still add up to a relatively low percentage, if that's any consolation.

We'll just have to wait and see if they say anything, or if they are forced to by the market.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:

If law enforcement gets involved I assume that Moser and others would verify that ALL of their submissions from the last x years are cards they worked on, like that 950 card submission shown earlier. Once that gets out then the PSA guarantee would be for ALL those cards and would get removed from the Registry.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:22 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
Its only a 200M market cap, but explain why CLCT is near 52 week highs in this market dump..... Either the news hasn't disseminated or this will pass.
i think the stock is seen as a good stock when the markets bad...people may gravitate towards collectibles as investments...like whats happening right now...so the stock is high...because most stockpickers/investors don't know whats happening with psa right now...it hasn't made any major news outlets...might be a good one to short!!!
Old 05-31-2019, 04:25 PM
Joshua

Not relevant to post.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
i think the stock is seen as a good stock when the markets bad...people may gravitate towards collectibles as investments...like whats happening right now...so the stock is high...because most stockpickers/investors don't know whats happening with psa right now...it hasn't made any major news outlets...might be a good one to short!!!
Dave Peck gave some very good insight into the perils of shorting a stock like this not long ago.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:26 PM
Joshua

Not relevant to post.

Old 05-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
Not relevant to post.
That's OK I do it all the time. I figure nobody cares or I am on everyone's ignore list.

Last edited by bnorth; 05-31-2019 at 05:37 PM.