NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2022, 10:30 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default NSCC Hotels WTF?

From what I am hearing, all of the closer hotels to the show sold out instantly? Did anyone get a room in the skywalk-connected hotels through convention housing?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-28-2022, 10:52 AM

With the expanded number of dealers and corporate booths there are many more rooms required for dealers and staff and they most likely booked them all. I know the Embassy Suites were only booked for dealers who have a history of staying there through Conference Housing. If you didn’t have a higher priority that hotel wasn’t available.

I talked to one dealer with a lower priority and he said the Embassy and Doubletree were sold out by the time he was able to book.

Last edited by ncinin; 11-28-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I got into the Embassy Suites, but only because the Net54baseball Dinner will be there on Friday night.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:16 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Try Lowes down the street. It's a safe and easy walk.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:18 PM
m!ke kn@z@v!c

I got into the Crown Plaza about 6 weeks ago, showing unavailable now
Old 11-28-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinin View Post
With the expanded number of dealers and corporate booths there are many more rooms required for dealers and staff and they most likely booked them all. I know the Embassy Suites were only booked for dealers who have a history of staying there through Conference Housing. If you didn’t have a higher priority that hotel wasn’t available.
So, not only are tables parceled out on a priority basis, but hotel rooms as well? Really time to have a competing regional (if not national) convention for the rest of us.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:10 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

I got the
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
5300 N River Rd Rosemont IL 60018

I booked it as soon as this years ended and when I knew I would be going. however, even then months ago many of the hotels near there were already sold out

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 11-28-2022, 02:48 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinin View Post

I talked to one dealer with a lower priority and he said the Embassy and Doubletree were sold out by the time he was able to book.
That is correct, the increased demand from those entities mentioned is the cause of the rooms being sold out.

Rich
Old 11-28-2022, 02:54 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

There are plenty of rooms at these hotels, just not at the discounted rate. I just ran a search on the Hilton and if you want to stay there it is $275-ish per night. Umm, no thanks. An extra hundred bucks a day is way more than a few Uber rides.

Or not...
Old 11-28-2022, 03:38 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
I got the
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
5300 N River Rd Rosemont IL 60018

I booked it as soon as this years ended and when I knew I would be going. however, even then months ago many of the hotels near there were already sold out
Same here.

I'm hoping to organize a work trip in July and tack on a day or 2 at the Lowes. .
Old 11-28-2022, 05:51 PM
Kris Sweck@rd

Default Hyatt

I happened to check the NSCC website very early this morning (4:00 am Central) and booked a room at the connected Hyatt for $174 per night. So, there really were some available.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:36 PM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris19 View Post
I happened to check the NSCC website very early this morning (4:00 am Central) and booked a room at the connected Hyatt for $174 per night. So, there really were some available.
I booked the Hyatt in late July. My AAA rate is around $230 per night so the $174 rate is a good one. I was asleep at the switch this morning to try to get the convention rate.

I have Wednesday and Thursday night stays booked. If I decide to stay Friday night I will get an off-site room and likely head home on Saturday.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:29 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

The Hilton Garden Inn about 2 miles up River Rd is $214-244/night from the 25th through the 30th. One king or two queen beds with Hilton Honors. You can enroll in Hilton Honors for free. They also have a free shuttle to the convention center. At the end of the day they will also come down and pick you up if you call.

If you don't mind staying west of the airport the Hilton properties in Elk Grove, Addison and Schaumberg are all less than $150/night. Don't forget that you can park at the CTA (subway) station about ½ mile north of the convention center. It is $7 for up to 14 hours and an easy walk.

I am skipping it this year. The last two weeks of June my wife and I are going to Paris and Vienna. The cheapest Hilton in the city of Paris is a little less than €500/night (hotel taxes are only about $2/person per day). It is a boutique hotel in the 8th arr. That is with me being a Hilton Gold soon to be diamond member. At least breakfast is free instead of the $22 each per they charge. Fortunately, only 3 days there until switching to a hotel closer to my event; the World Olympic Collector's Fair at the stadium in the 13th arr. which is about ¼ the price. Vienna Hiltons will be much cheaper, 1/3 to less than 1/2. I like the one on the Danube. Big rooms that face the river. Breakfast included that you can eat on their large patio right on the river. Walking distance to the subway line and the Futbol stadium.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 11-29-2022, 10:48 AM
Dave Carson

I just received an e-mail from the NSCC.

I clicked on the Reservations link and there was a note that they have added hotel room inventory.

I just booked the Hyatt for Wednesday and Thursday night. King rate was $164, double rate was $174.

While making my double reservation, it said there were 3 left - so likely 2 left now.

I imagine they will keep adding inventory up to a certain point. Keep checking

Reservations through the NSCC are subject to a non-refundable $7.50 booking fee, however the reservation may be cancelled without penalty by 7 days in advance of arrival.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:52 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocjack View Post
So, not only are tables parceled out on a priority basis, but hotel rooms as well? Really time to have a competing regional (if not national) convention for the rest of us.
+1
...whatever I want
Old 11-29-2022, 11:06 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

All gone now.

Or not...
Old 11-29-2022, 11:25 AM
Drew W@i$e

Recommend 15 minutes west of the venue. Plenty of hotels in that area.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:28 AM
D@n Di.Pao.la

So many places to stay...especially if you are able and willing to walk 10 minutes...which I am guessing most are seeing you'll be doing a lot of standing/walking at the convention. I am at the Aloft (1/2 mile away) for peanuts (17.5K/night) in points and I am guessing ~200/night. Too much? the train is also a 10 minute walk...LOTS of options. You guys looking for $150 or less room in a decent place closer than 1/2 mile......good luck. If you move out 1.5-3 miles you can find that and many place that have shuttles to Stephens....do a little reserach...or not.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:33 PM

Plenty of hotels in the Schiller Park area. beer chug.gif
Old 11-29-2022, 12:36 PM
Ben North

If you are not too picky there are several Motel 6s within 20 minutes for less than $60 a night.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:17 PM
Ben

was able to book the Courtyard Chicago O'Hare... was $129/night... had another place booked before the conference housing became available today
Old 11-29-2022, 06:42 PM
Fred

Will they ever do another west coast national? I know, they don't like the west coast because it's too far for most of the big dealers that drive all of their inventory to the event. It'd just be nice if they'd at least try to have an event for the west coast every couple/few years. Call it the junior national or something like that. Ok, that's not what this thread is about but every time I see a thread about a national, this is what I think.