NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Pup6913

Default Description is the best

I was going through Fee-Bay this morning looking for a few more T205's to add to the set. I came across the Joss SP and noticed it was a bit funny looking. Best part of the whole thing was the first couple sentences. Check it out. I must be really tired or something because I laughed till I had tears in my eyes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-T205-Addie-...d=p3911.c0.m14
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Scott

I may be out there more than I think, but why would you want a card that is in that kind of condition, unless its a Wagner, Plank, etc? Im speaking in general, and as it considers those who have bid so far.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I may be out there more than I think, but why would you want a card that is in that kind of condition, unless its a Wagner, Plank, etc? Im speaking in general, and as it considers those who have bid so far.
Because you can't afford the borders.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
because you can't afford the borders.

lol

Last edited by Pup6913; 09-01-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Did he edit the description? Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
lol

After all, the borders are gold!

Whoever trimmed it must've thought it was real gold

Steve
Old 09-01-2009, 01:18 PM

In my selling experience, there is good demand for popular cards that are really, really beat up-- Goudey Ruth, etc. I got good money for a really, really beat up T205 Joss. This is because it's a rare chance for a collector on a small to normal budget to own one of the cards he always wanted to own. For many to most collectors, a few hundred dollars is a lot of money to be spending on a baseball card, and PSA Ex or VgEx 1933 Goudey Ruths or T206 Cobbs are out of their collecting budget.

A T205 probably contains 1/30th the copper of a penny.

Last edited by drc; 09-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Andrew, he wrote that for the visually impaired I really had to look hard to see where it was trimmed (professionally done I think).
Old 09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Michael C

I'm glad to own this one, as I would never be able to afford one in any better condition.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Pup6913

[QUOTE=Mrc32;746872]I'm glad to own this one, as I would never be able to afford one in any better condition.

And a fine card it is. I need one but I need to save for mine. I have a Pied Fact 42 Mathewson I have been looking everywhere for 2 yrs to find another and haven't. I remember when they announced the SP on Joss. I bid a very solid grade 4+ up to almost $800 and lost by $2 and some change. That was the last time I ever saw a Joss in grade 2 or higher for that. You have a keeper. Thanks for the Eye Candy.

Last edited by Pup6913; 09-01-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:27 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

I agree with GrayGhost who would want that, its not a card its a 100 year old scrap of paper.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Frank Wakefield

Of late I'm trying to refrain from blah-ing someone else's bling. I think that the card, the description, and the auction are fine.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Pup6913

I know its stupid but I am still laughing about the obvious.

"The card has been trimmed on all sides"

also if you read abit further he says:

"Those of you who know me and have done business with me over the years know that I do not over grade or overstate my material"

I have bought a few items from this guy and he is legit and does good with pricing but it just struck me as funny and I can't stop laughing about it.

What would be great is if someone else listed the borders as a Joss card because chances are the name is on the back What would that look like???

$250 Shipped and Insured Overnight

First to post I'll take it wins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joss.jpg (9.8 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Pup6913; 09-01-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Ke.n K0hen

I've dealt with this guy and he's a good seller. No sense in starting a thread to belittle him. Glad you got a few jollies but get over yourself!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Seems like he can't win. If he didn't list a truthful description that the borders had been trimmed, someone would be on his case for trying to deceive bidders. I think he did the right thing.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcohen View Post
I've dealt with this guy and he's a good seller. No sense in starting a thread to belittle him. Glad you got a few jollies but get over yourself!

no one is belittling him. Like I said I have dealt with him in the past and he is a great seller and will continue buying from him. If you are that sensitive then maybe you should find another thread to blog on. No one here is meaning any harm to the guy. Most discussion is about the card and the fact he put that all sides are trimmed. It's stupid that there are people out there that would make an issue if they bought this card and it said nothing about that, and it is that obvious. Things we find on Ebay always make a Thread a Day.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantycouch View Post
Seems like he can't win. If he didn't list a truthful description that the borders had been trimmed, someone would be on his case for trying to deceive bidders. I think he did the right thing.
second ahead of me on that one
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Scott

Im really not belittling the man or any bidders either. I just find it weird that some wouldn't spend their money on something that isnt literally missing a bunch of the card. To each his own, though.