NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Default Feedback/references question

I'm new to the forum, and while I signed up quite a while ago, I'm just now getting into vintage.

Wondering if there's protocol for BST feedback/references. I'm also a member on Blowout Cards, which uses iTrader to rate transactions. Is there something like that here, or is it more or less an informal honor system?

-Bryan
Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

It's more informal; a lot of people post names of people they've made deals with in their signatures as a way of giving a rating. The rule is buyer beware (as with any site), but the moderator Leon is willing to mediate a transaction if necessary or ban members who are doing bad things.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
It's more informal; a lot of people post names of people they've made deals with in their signatures as a way of giving a rating. The rule is buyer beware (as with any site), but the moderator Leon is willing to mediate a transaction if necessary or ban members who are doing bad things.
Thanks for the response. I figured it was more informal with a reference list type deal, since a rating system wasn't mentioned in the FAQs.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajcards4215 View Post
I'm new to the forum, and while I signed up quite a while ago, I'm just now getting into vintage.

Wondering if there's protocol for BST feedback/references. I'm also a member on Blowout Cards, which uses iTrader to rate transactions. Is there something like that here, or is it more or less an informal honor system?

-Bryan
It is more or less an informal honor system. And it is caveat emptor so there are no protections except normal US/State laws. And good luck with those on all but the most egregious cases when done on the internet.
The other 2 moderators (Dan and Brian) and I are always willing to help and yes, it is a lot less formal here than other forums. On our BST any member under 18 needs to have a parent or guardian email me giving their ok for you to be there and take accountability for you. That aside (it protects everyone) you can use your BO id in your sig line or somewhere to let folks know of your experience. Any member can always PM me concerning any of our members and I will help as much as I can. There is ALWAYS a way to deal with a "reference" situation on this board. Worst case you ask your trading partner for a verifiable reference or two. If they won't give you a few then you can PM me and they won't be on the BST anymore. It's very informal but, I/we, hope common sense. And knock on wood, the amount of fraud is almost completely non-existent. Again, you still have to be careful. IF someone with 3 posts is selling a 10k card, don't overnight them money blindly....
Once a member has been here a while and done trades it can be seen in their profiles as posts and threads, as everyone's is. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Archive

Bryan

The best thing that ever happened to my pre-war card collection was when Leon invited me onto Net54. I've all but given up on Ebay and have purchased many cards from the BST. There is a good group of honest and trustworthy guys here on this board. You shouldn't have a problem.

Jantz
Old 01-27-2017, 05:21 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Bryan

The best thing that ever happened to my pre-war card collection was when Leon invited me onto Net54. I've all but given up on Ebay and have purchased many cards from the BST. There is a good group of honest and trustworthy guys here on this board. You shouldn't have a problem.

Jantz
Seconded! I LOVE the BST here. The members here are so easy to work with and every transaction I've had on here has been flawless. I still reference the time that a member sent me a Mickey Mantle autographed ball BEFORE he even received my payment!
Old 01-27-2017, 05:34 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajcards4215 View Post

-Bryan
As you can see in my signature below i added members names every time i bought or sold with them. Im not sure how many more i will add if any but when i was new i felt i should show some proof i was good to deal with
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:38 PM

Thanks for all the responses, everybody. I've heard nothing but good things about this board, so I'm looking forward to becoming more active, as I turn my collecting focus more toward vintage.

Here's to making deals with some of you in the future!

Last edited by bajcards4215; 01-27-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:05 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: Feedback/references question

Welcome to thr forum. I've done deals with many members. Never had a single problem.