NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-27-2021, 07:19 AM

Default I Started A Card YouTube Cannel- Anyone Else Have One?

Hey Everyone,
I recently started a YouTube channel dedicated to collecting cards and was wondering if anyone else had a channel for cards?

I was inspired to start it by watching other card channels and wanting to document my card journey so family and friends can share in what is going on currently but most impoortantly for them to have something to remember me by when I am no longer around.

I started collecting in 1980 so I'm pretty late to the game as far as documenting the journey but I have posted a video about how I got started and also one about what it was like to collect in 1980.

The channel is called Stories in Cardboard as I believe those little pieces of cardboard tell countless stories about the players and teams but also about the people who collect them.

Check it out if you like and I would love to hear if anyone else has a channel to document their collecting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJt...qEeRQaA/videos
Old 09-27-2021, 07:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Nicely done...bravo
Old 09-27-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Nicely done...bravo

Thanks Leon. The older I get, the more I realize I wish I had done more to document the journey. I think about some of the great written documentation of the hobby pioneers that you and others have shown and those are always my favorite threads. Can you imagine if we had video documentary of those guys?!!!
Old 09-27-2021, 07:43 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Not doing a channel.

But I like yours and good luck with it

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 09-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
Hey Everyone,
I recently started a YouTube channel dedicated to collecting cards and was wondering if anyone else had a channel for cards?

I was inspired to start it by watching other card channels and wanting to document my card journey so family and friends can share in what is going on currently but most impoortantly for them to have something to remember me by when I am no longer around.

I started collecting in 1980 so I'm pretty late to the game as far as documenting the journey but I have posted a video about how I got started and also one about what it was like to collect in 1980.

The channel is called Stories in Cardboard as I believe those little pieces of cardboard tell countless stories about the players and teams but also about the people who collect them.

Check it out if you like and I would love to hear if anyone else has a channel to document their collecting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJt...qEeRQaA/videos
Awesome! Is there any way you can "convert" these into podcasts?
Old 09-27-2021, 09:39 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
Awesome! Is there any way you can "convert" these into podcasts?
You do realize if you like listening and not watching you can always keep you tube in the background so it's not the visual interruption. I do that with the About the Cards you tube (yes I know it's modern cards) or the Hobby Hotline (Yes also about modern cards) link each week

I realized after typing this is if you want the podcast to listen to on the car "radio" on your way to work or other places then your request makes more sense. Sorry but I was thinking of more traditional desktop (or working) computers

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 09-27-2021 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:48 AM
octavio ranzola

so many of these channels rich ,,really enjoyed yours octavio

Last edited by rjackson44; 09-27-2021 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:06 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Nicely done.

I've listened to the occasional podcast about cards in the last year and they were pretty much just annoying. Just some dudes talking about what 10 cards have gone up in price, whether they will go up further, what cards don't seem to be going up in value, and what cards might someday really go up in value. Got old quick.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:54 AM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
You do realize if you like listening and not watching you can always keep you tube in the background so it's not the visual interruption. I do that with the About the Cards you tube (yes I know it's modern cards) or the Hobby Hotline (Yes also about modern cards) link each week

I realized after typing this is if you want the podcast to listen to on the car "radio" on your way to work or other places then your request makes more sense. Sorry but I was thinking of more traditional desktop (or working) computers

Rich
Yes, however, it's much easier to manage listening via podcast apps. FYI... I "listened" to the Red Zone all the way home from Boston yesterday.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:15 PM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Nicely done.

I've listened to the occasional podcast about cards in the last year and they were pretty much just annoying. Just some dudes talking about what 10 cards have gone up in price, whether they will go up further, what cards don't seem to be going up in value, and what cards might someday really go up in value. Got old quick.
I agree. Most of them are younger guys bragging about their purchases. The current modern card market reminds me of how everyone is an "expert" in a bull stock market. I guess things are changing but paying $20k for a Jalen Hurts auto 1/1 makes no sense to me! Oh, back to the podcasts. There are two of them that I really like:
The Collector & The Dealer (bought some nice cards from "The Collector" who is a member of N54)
The Golden Age of Cardboard
Thanks!
Old 09-27-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
I agree. Most of them are younger guys bragging about their purchases. The current modern card market reminds me of how everyone is an "expert" in a bull stock market. I guess things are changing but paying $20k for a Jalen Hurts auto 1/1 makes no sense to me! Oh, back to the podcasts. There are two of them that I really like:
The Collector & The Dealer (bought some nice cards from "The Collector" who is a member of N54)
The Golden Age of Cardboard
Thanks!
I appreciate the feedback guys. Thank you!

I haven't ever thought about doing a podcast. Maybe at some point. I listen to The Golden Age of Cardboard as well. I think Mike is a member here also.

I know the channels that talk of this card is worth this and this card is worth that draws a lot of views and are popular but for me personally, it's not what interests me. It's kind of like if someone is at my house and sees my cards, I like it much better when they ask me to tell them about the player or the set instead of asking "how much is that worth"? I enjoy talking about a players place in history or what I think makes them interesting.

My hope is to do some player profiles, including some prewar guys and talk about what I find interesting about those players. Kind of a Glory of Their Times book feel without being able to interview the players.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:36 PM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
I appreciate the feedback guys. Thank you!

I know the channels that talk of this card is worth this and this card is worth that draws a lot of views and are popular but for me personally, it's not what interests me. It's kind of like if someone is at my house and sees my cards, I like it much better when they ask me to tell them about the player or the set instead of asking "how much is that worth"? I enjoy talking about a players place in history or what I think makes them interesting.
Agree! I love talking about how rare the card is, how difficult it was to find, etc. Nothing positive ever comes discussing money with friends and family (made sure my kids understood that).
Old 09-27-2021, 12:44 PM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Default YouTube Channel

I have a channel called Nuf Ced Cards. Mostly prewar, with a bit of modern here and there. Very "low tech" videos... one take/no editing/just me talking in a monotone lol... but it has been fun for me to make them. Would love to learn of other prewar channels.

Regards,

Andrew

Last edited by Andrew1975; 09-28-2021 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:44 PM
Gary

Great channel. Thanks for posting the link and taking the time to do this.

I'm always looking for card channels.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1975 View Post
I have a channel called Nuf Ced Cards. Mostly prewar, with a bit of modern here and there. Very "low tech" videos... one take/no editing/just me talking in a monotone lol... but it has been fun for me to make them. Would love to learn of other prewar channels or hear feedback on mine.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew, I'm actually subscribed to your channel. It's a great channel!
Old 09-27-2021, 04:45 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
so many of these channels rich ,,really enjoyed yours octavio
Thank you Octavio, I'm a guest on several Pod/Web Casts including the aforementioned Hobby Hotline once a month or so

I also tape a few episodes with Dr. Beckett each month and on those we go to discuss either.

1) Beckett Company History and how his personal history or company history can be applied to modern times

2) Various pre-1980 topics

3) Occasional tribute episodes

Regards
Rich
Old 09-27-2021, 06:48 PM

My You Tube Channel is only dedicated to my PreWar “Type Card” collection and not my entire collection of 50’s to Present Complete Sets.
If you like corny and cringe production and bad narration, check out my channel.
After I subscribe to yours…..

Last edited by Pre War Starter; 09-27-2021 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:29 PM
Rhett Yeakley

I too have a YouTube channel that I have been making over the past year but life & kids really got in the way this summer and haven't had much time to add to it. I should have a video I will be uploading in the next few days as well.

There are some great YouTube Channels out there, good luck with yours, I will watch and subscribe as soon as I have a minute to do so!

(A link to my channel is in my signature on my post directly below this line)

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562