NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-19-2002, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default Ya Gotta See This Latest Trick

Posted By: RobertS 

Hi all--

Take a look at this eBay auction from one of the board's favorite sellers:

1937 Goudey Paul Waner Gem Mint PSA 10 card:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1983164100&category=31721

He's hitting new highs (lows) with this one...

Old 12-19-2002, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

everyone wants a piece of a flipbook and a piece of shiny new cardboard. Gotta be worth $500 huh?

Old 12-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RobertS

This certainly must violate eBay rules, as the item listed is not a PSA-graded 1937 Paul Waner Card. It's not PSA graded and it isn't even a card!!

This stuff really is getting out of hand...

Old 12-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This direcetly from eBay's Misleading Desriptions FAQ:

Example

The title "Louis Vuitton Handbag, Cartier" is misleading and not permitted on eBay, even if you are including a Cartier item as a bonus gift with purchase of the handbag, because it is unclear as to whether you are offering two items from your title.

What I want to know is how doyou report these morons. every time I click the link in the FAQ that says "report" It keeps sending me to a page with their list of prohibited items.

I've had such a hard time trying to figure how to report this that it's almost as if they don't want you to be able to report these guys and others like them.

I'm bored and figure that if enough of us keep bombarding eBay with complaints about them that they may eventually do something about them. But I won't hold my breath.

Jay

Old 12-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

I see this as a possible good sign. My guess is that he's tacking on PSA cards because the prices for his cutouts are falling. This goes hand in hand with his recent auctions of combinations of his cutouts, where he used to only sell one item at a time.

You leave well enough alone, and apparently he doesn't things are well enough.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

As I think about it, this appears to be an act of desperation. Auctioning in a single lot a 1937 Paul Waner and a 2002 Upper Deck football rookie is just plain silly. Neither the vintage baseball collector nor the modern football rookie collector is going to even want the other card, much less run up the bidding because of it.

It appears as if it may be Hail Mary time for Roy.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:04 PM
Administrator

He doesn't care about the football, he only has it there as lame attempt to justify using PSA in teh title so that people doing searches for PSA cards will hit his auction. As I showed in my previous post, this clearly against eBay policy but doubt they will do anything to them since he is a powerseller.

Still waiting for someone that can provide me with a link where I can report crap like this.

Jay

Old 12-19-2002, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...aka Libertyforall is an eBay powerseller speaks volumes about eBay right there. That guy is a piece of shat and this is just more proof of same. This is the same crap that "psa-cards" and "places" and other eBay lame ducks used to sell PRO-graded trimmed garbage. Here we go again, now for AAA...

And, you're right. It's clearly an eBay listing violation. But, eBay doesn't do anything to their outright shill bidders, so don't expect them to do anything to good ole powerseller (gag) Roy.

What a shameful embarrassment to the hobby.

Old 12-20-2002, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Huff isn't an embarrassment to the hobby - he isn't part of the hobby. He is an embarrassment to himself because he is obviously intelligent and creative but has decided to use his talents in a dishonest manner. When Dan, myself and others attempted to exchange rational emails with him, his responses made it clear that he's a thief. You can't sit down with a thief and explain to him why his basic make-up is incorrect and should be changed. Huff will end up in jail at some point for fraud, embezzlement, or something similar, because the opportunities he seizes are basically illegal. So just enjoy knowing that.

Old 12-20-2002, 07:27 AM
Administrator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1983361425&category=31718

Old 12-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I doubt that it is someone that bought crap and is trying to unload it. Read the desccription, the same style and wording as Huff uses and this is also from the San Diego area. Geuss he must have added a San Diego alias to stable.

Jay

Old 12-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

The shat that circles the vintage card bowl is accurately described as cut-outs from particular years authenticated and graded by AAA. It may be crap, it may be mislisted in the vintage card section, but it is not fake or other than what it is described as being. That's why he survives. And, that's why the people who buy his stuff deserve no one's sympathy--if you don't understand something, don't buy it. Anyone with half a brain looking at the vintage section to buy a "Cobb" something (1) should not be there without any knowledge of what cards are, and (2) would have to wonder why they can spend $20 with Roy but would have to spend $500 for something else. After all, if you are buying tuna, you understand that a can of starkist and a slice of fresh albacore are not the same thing.

Now, scumbag, that I can get behind as a description for Roy, same as anyone who sells overpriced junk to rubes. Roy belongs in a special circle of hell listening to endless real estate huckster seminars.

Old 12-20-2002, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

Hey listen their is a 1985 Mark McGwire rookie card in the before 1930s category. I did not know McGwire was that old? I guess catogories do not mean to much. Rob

Old 12-20-2002, 03:26 PM
Administrator

...something other than ebay I'm sure.

Old 12-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

because this is a perfect place for the smiley face barfing...