NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2023, 08:28 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Sneak Peak at PSA's Newest Slab Technology...

Attention collectors!!

We've heard your bitter complaints...I mean feedback...and have responded!! This is the dawn of a new age in grading, and we are here to make your card collecting dreams come true!!!

Introducing the all new...

Grade-It-Yourself! Slab
"The slab is ours...the grade is yours!!"

Here's how this game-changer (not sure if that pun was intended) works:

1. We receive your submission and get busy inserting your cards into plastic holders.
2. We spin the new 'wheel of grading justice' and it lands on a random number. That is now what your card is graded!! (It's the same thing we've always done, but now there's an exciting new wheel fused to the slab!!)
3. Since the process is so streamlined, you will get your cards back immediately!!*
4. Once you receive your cards, the REAL fun begins...

a) Say the number on one of your cards is higher than expected, but since you were planning on selling the card, you're now full of dread that the tax man will get you. There's an easy remedy. Our Grade-It-Yourself! Slab™ allows you to simply dial the grade down to a lower number and therefore take a loss on the sales transaction. You will owe no taxes whatsoever. We promise!!!**

b) Say a collecting buddy has a high grade card that you want to trade for, but your PSA 3 Mantle isn't worth nearly enough to make him want to swap. What to do, what to do?? Turn the wheel and change it into a PSA 8 Mantle!! Not only will he now drool over your card, but HE will have to add more cards to his side of the deal just to make it worthwhile for YOU to agree to the swap!!***

c) Is your low standing in the set registry getting you down?? Well turn the wheel and go UP UP UP instead!!! Leave everyone in the dust as you make all of your cards 8s, 9s and 10s!!!!

d) Like having half-grades in your collection? Well, golly gee!! Simply turn the wheel until the pointer is hitting the line separating the two numbers and BOOM!!! you got yourself a .5 bump!!!!!!!!! It used to take nice centering to get that!! Ha!!! Those silly days are long gone!!!!

e) Are you at the bar and the ladies aren't paying you any attention at all? Pull your Gregg Jefferies rookie card out of your jacket and turn into a stone cold PSA 10. That ten will make any 10 (obligatory Bo Derek reference) immediately want to bang the living daylights out of you in the disgusting, sticky-floored bathroom!!!****

You've always screamed your cards were graded WRONG...now it only takes your finger to make everything RIGHT!!

Coming soon...hopefully.

gradingwheel01.jpg

*The term "immediately" not only remains completely undefined, but our personal definition can mean anything from a year and a half up to five calendar years. Your timeframe may vary.

**This is a complete guess. For true answers about tax law, please consult your sister-in-law at your next Thanksgiving gathering. We're told she's a whiz with numbers.

***You may think that he'll notice that the eye appeal is not of a PSA 8, but of a PSA 3...but you'd be wrong. The only thing that matters is the current grade number showing. Dat's it!

****If you could have one of her friends hook up with me, that would be very much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-09-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:33 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Maybe it’s time to add an electronic display on the flip, so that it can be adjusted on the fly.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 04-07-2023 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:35 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Sounds and looks about Right.

Great Stuff

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 04-08-2023, 03:02 AM
Glyn Parson

Somebody did worse than they thought they would n their grades.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:02 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Ah, err, how does one purchase the wheel (just asking for a friend).
Old 04-09-2023, 05:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Attention collectors!!

We've heard your bitter complaints...I mean feedback...and have responded!! This is the dawn of a new age in grading, and we are here to make your card collecting dreams come true!!!

Introducing the all new...

Grade-It-Yourself! Slab
"The slab is ours...the grade is yours!!"

Here's how this game-changer (not sure if that pun was intended) works:

1. We receive your submission and get busy inserting your cards into plastic holders.
2. We spin the new 'wheel of grading justice' and it lands on a random number. That is now what your card is graded!! (It's the same thing we've always done, but now there's an exciting new wheel fused to the slab!!)
3. Since the process is so streamlined, you will get your cards back immediately!!*
4. Once you receive your cards, the REAL fun begins...

a) Say the number on one of your cards is higher than expected, but since you were planning on selling the card, you're now full of dread that the tax man will get you. There's an easy remedy. Our Grade-It-Yourself! Slab™ allows you to simply dial the grade down to a lower number and therefore take a loss on the sales transaction. You will owe no taxes whatsoever. We promise!!!**

b) Say a collecting buddy has a high grade card that you want to trade for, but your PSA 3 Mantle isn't worth nearly enough to make him want to swap. What to do, what to do?? Turn the wheel and change it into a PSA 8 Mantle!! Not only will he now drool over your card, but HE will have to add more cards to his side of the deal just to make it worthwhile for YOU to agree to the swap!!***

c) Is your low standing in the set registry getting you down?? Well turn the wheel and go UP UP UP instead!!! Leave everyone in the dust as you make all of your cards 8s, 9s and 10s!!!!

d) Like having half-grades in your collection? Well, golly gee!! Simply turn the wheel until the pointer is hitting the line separating the two numbers and BOOM!!! you got yourself a .5 bump!!!!!!!!! It used to take nice centering to get that!! Ha!!! Those silly days are long gone!!!!

e) Are you at the bar and the ladies aren't paying you any attention at all? Pull your Gregg Jefferies rookie card out of your jacket and turn into a stone cold PSA 10. That ten will make any 10 (obligatory Bo Derek reference) immediately want to bang the living daylights out of you in the disgusting, sticky-floored bathroom!!!****

You've always screamed your cards were graded WRONG...now it only takes your finger to make everything RIGHT!!

Coming soon...hopefully.

Attachment 566292

*The term "immediately" not only remains completely undefined, but our personal definition can mean anything from a year and a half up to five calendar years. Your timeframe may vary.

**This is a complete guess. For true answers about tax law, please consult your sister-in-law at your next Thanksgiving gathering. We're told she's a whiz with numbers.

***You may think that he'll notice that the eye appeal is not of a PSA 8, but of a PSA 3...but you'd be wrong. The only thing that matters is the current grade number showing. Dat's it!

****If you could have one of her friends hook up with me, that would be very much appreciated.
I like the format!
Old 04-10-2023, 12:06 PM
Steve Birmingham

Will there be storage boxes made a but taller to account for the wheel?
Will the wheel be fixable so vibrations in transport won't make it jiggle out of grade?
Old 04-10-2023, 04:19 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Dearest Steve,
Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback, and for your continued overspending...I mean spending regular amounts...to purchase our products.

• Fear not!! Our Grade-It-Yourself! Slab™ system allows your grade to be permanently and absolutely clicked into place forevermore!!! The number is carved into stone*!!!

• And the ingenuous Pull-Tab Vanishment™ mechanism allows you to easily rotate the 'wheel of grading justice' and temporarily slide it right down back into the slab, so it will continue to be the same sized holder you're accustomed to. Each and every dimension of the new slab is the exact same as our previous slabs**!!!!!

gradingwheel-pulltabfeature.jpg

*Permanence is not guaranteed nor even implied, as a mere bit of jostling will get the wheel a-spinning again to a fabulously new number.

**Each and every dimension of the new slab is NOT the exact same as our previous slabs. New slabs are a minimum of two to three times thicker and a half an inch (or more) taller when the Pull-Tab Vanishment mechanism is employed.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 04-10-2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 04:43 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Lmao!

Sure seems like parts of the new process are part of the existing process! Thanks for the laugh!

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:38 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Dearest Steve,
Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback, and for your continued overspending...I mean spending regular amounts...to purchase our products.

• Fear not!! Our Grade-It-Yourself! Slab™ system allows your grade to be permanently and absolutely clicked into place forevermore!!! The number is carved into stone*!!!

• And the ingenuous Pull-Tab Vanishment™ mechanism allows you to easily rotate the 'wheel of grading justice' and temporarily slide it right down back into the slab, so it will continue to be the same sized holder you're accustomed to. Each and every dimension of the new slab is the exact same as our previous slabs**!!!!!

Attachment 566619

*Permanence is not guaranteed nor even implied, as a mere bit of jostling will get the wheel a-spinning again to a fabulously new number.

**Each and every dimension of the new slab is NOT the exact same as our previous slabs. New slabs are a minimum of two to three times thicker and a half an inch (or more) taller when the Pull-Tab Vanishment mechanism is employed.
Fantastic news! And I can put some tape on that tab and use the whole thing as a team divider for my PSA "A" 1988 Donruss set!
Sooo exciting!