NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-29-2022, 07:00 PM
Ben North

Default Pics from the National

Any body have any memorabilia pics from the National? If so please post some.
Old 07-30-2022, 05:00 PM
Jamie

I posted in the other thread, but this was my only purchase. I saw a few dealers who where selling tickets. Memory Lane had some cool ticket runs like Mantles and Ruth’s World Series HR. I also think they had two of Bear Bryant’s last or first game coached. I thought those were cool since my oldest is leaving next week to attend.

IMG_4372.JPG
Old 07-31-2022, 01:04 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Great pickup

Very nice photo

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-03-2022, 08:04 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
I posted in the other thread, but this was my only purchase. I saw a few dealers who where selling tickets. Memory Lane had some cool ticket runs like Mantles and Ruth’s World Series HR. I also think they had two of Bear Bryant’s last or first game coached. I thought those were cool since my oldest is leaving next week to attend.

Attachment 527422
Nice pick up.

From the number of views it looks like several of us wanted to see some pictures.

For those that went was there much memorabilia there? I was really hoping to see some bats posted. Taube had to be there with some amazing stuff.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:51 PM
Alan Elefson

I had a great time at the National! I was lucky to be able to go Tuesday and Wednesday and left before the crowds came in Wednesday afternoon. I came for multiple reasons including a big trade with a board member, consigning an item to LOTG, selling a bat, and saying hi to friends. Buying anything was secondary for me. I accomplished all I set out to do, and bought several items so it was a great trip!

I also was very lucky to get invited to the Bills' room on Tuesday and I happily purchased the Dartmouth team photo, Harvard/Boston ticket, and Our Boys cabinet photo shown below. The room was filled with great memorabilia but the people were even better. It was great to meet the two Bills in person as well as see several other friends in the room. The other items I bought Wednesday at the show (I didn't see anything I really wanted on Tuesday). My favorite item overall is the 1868 scorebook. It is almost entirely filled out (games start in 1870 and end in the mid 1870s) and appears to be a small town team from New England but I need to do more research. For bargains, I was very surprised to find a 1955 Golden Stamps Dodgers book in excellent condition (with all of the stamps unused) for 20.00.

Overall, I had a great time. I was too busy shopping to take pictures of the cool memorabilia I saw but there was plenty of 19th and early 20th century baseball items that were amazing to see.

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg net541.jpg (131.3 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg net542.jpg (139.0 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg net543.jpg (134.7 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg net544.jpg (160.7 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg net545.jpg (128.5 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg net546.jpg (150.1 KB, 354 views)

Last edited by aelefson; 08-03-2022 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added more about the Bills' room and corrected cabinet photo description
Old 08-03-2022, 08:48 PM

Hey Alan...Looks like some great finds at the National. Glad you could come by on Tuesday night and very pleased you could find some things for your collection. I have enjoyed your posts on Net54 over the years and glad to meet you in person, hope you can make it to Chicago next year.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:36 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Great pick-ups Alan!
Love the scorebook, great find!
I hope all is well otherwise my friend.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great pick ups, Alan. Sounds like a wonderful time was had meeting new/old collectors. What more can you ask!. Congrats
Old 08-04-2022, 11:46 AM

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
I had a great time at the National! I was lucky to be able to go Tuesday and Wednesday and left before the crowds came in Wednesday afternoon. I came for multiple reasons including a big trade with a board member, consigning an item to LOTG, selling a bat, and saying hi to friends. Buying anything was secondary for me. I accomplished all I set out to do, and bought several items so it was a great trip!

I also was very lucky to get invited to the Bills' room on Tuesday and I happily purchased the Dartmouth team photo, Harvard/Boston ticket, and Our Boys cabinet photo shown below. The room was filled with great memorabilia but the people were even better. It was great to meet the two Bills in person as well as see several other friends in the room. The other items I bought Wednesday at the show (I didn't see anything I really wanted on Tuesday). My favorite item overall is the 1868 scorebook. It is almost entirely filled out (games start in 1870 and end in the mid 1870s) and appears to be a small town team from New England but I need to do more research. For bargains, I was very surprised to find a 1955 Golden Stamps Dodgers book in excellent condition (with all of the stamps unused) for 20.00.

Overall, I had a great time. I was too busy shopping to take pictures of the cool memorabilia I saw but there was plenty of 19th and early 20th century baseball items that were amazing to see.

Alan
Wow Alan great report...you experienced the National as it should be experienced...you came home with a haul...I know what a great eye you have so I'm not surprised...do you still have that giant metal letter that came off the front of Yankee Stadium...

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 08-04-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Alan Elefson

Thank you guys! I am very happy with my experience and what I came home with. Carlton, I think you might be thinking of David A who I think has the letter you mentioned. Hopefully I can see all of you in Chicago next year!

Alan
Old 08-04-2022, 09:14 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post

Alan
Oh man that Dodger stamp book was a total steal. Very jealous!
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete