NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have never seen so many ignorant statements in one thread. David - you are wasting your time.
Scott - My statements are based on facts that I can back up. Others statements are based on....well, nothing.

Here is a great webiste where you can get a lot of non-biased information as it is a non-profit.

http://www.dogsbite.org/

"In the 10-year period from 2005 to 2014, pit bulls killed 203 Americans and accounted for 62% of the total recorded deaths (326)."

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 02-17-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Scott - My statements are based on facts that I can back up. Others statements are based on....well, nothing.
There is a lot I would like to say here, but you have it covered well, and the pit bull argument is one of the least productive available.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 PM

I live in Ontario, Canada. Pit bulls must be muzzled whenever they are outside, even if they are in a fenced backyard. Why? Too many brutal attacks by this breed. I agree with David (and clearly the Province of Ontario does as well).

Of course there are probably some loving, docile pit bulls, but these dogs can be very unpredictable.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Dave

Quote:

Here is a great webiste where you can get a lot of non-biased information as it is a non-profit.

http://www.dogsbite.org/

"In the 10-year period from 2005 to 2014, pit bulls killed 203 Americans and accounted for 62% of the total recorded deaths (326)."

Really? You can read that site, and with a straight face, tell me it is non-biased because it's non-profit?

The NRA is also a non-profit.

I'm sure that's just an ignorant assumption on my part though.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Really? You can read that site, and with a straight face, tell me it is non-biased because it's non-profit?

The NRA is also a non-profit.

I'm sure that's just an ignorant assumption on my part though.
The NRA has an agenda.

What is the agenda of the site I linked?

I'll await your response but, after that, I am done with this thread. I apologize the the OP if the thread got derailed. We're forgetting that through all this, there is still someone with some serious dog bite injuries that was just looking for answers on how to proceed.

To the OP, there is some good information on the dogsbite.org website that may benefit you. Here is a link...

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-victim-realities.php
Old 02-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
The NRA has an agenda.

What is the agenda of the site I linked?

I'll await your response but, after that, I am done with this thread. I apologize the the OP if the thread got derailed. We're forgetting that through all this, there is still someone with some serious dog bite injuries that was just looking for answers on how to proceed.

To the OP, there is some good information on the dogsbite.org website that may benefit you. Here is a link...

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-victim-realities.php
David, you bit

He has successfully deflected the argument from pit bulls to the NRA. Now you have to defend your views regarding the NRA, and if you can't then that makes you wrong about pit bulls as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Ben North

Quote:
David, you bit

He has successfully deflected the argument from pit bulls to the NRA. Now you have to defend your views regarding the NRA, and if you can't then that makes you wrong about pit bulls as well.
There is nothing wrong with the NRA. They provide a valuable public service by getting guns into the hands of criminals so they can shoot unarmed innocent citizens.

Maybe my botched Woody Allen quote will help derail his(David) posting of ridiculous so called facts.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
There is nothing wrong with the NRA. They provide a valuable public service by getting guns into the hands of criminals so they can shoot unarmed innocent citizens.

Maybe my botched Woody Allen quote will help derail his(David) posting of ridiculous so called facts.
Like the one you just posted?
Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Dave

Quote:
David, you bit

It was a correlation. Not a deflection. He said the site was non-biased because it was a non-profit. I could have chosen a 1000 different organizations that was untrue for. I chose the least subtle one I could think of that fit into our conversation about things that can kill people on a regular basis.

Whether the stats are accurate or not on that site is one thing (further research shows they are not). But to go on it and see that it's general tone consists of article after article telling us how Pit Bulls are such killers. Seems to be it's only purpose actually.

It even goes on to blame shelters and animal rights groups for an uptake in Pit Bull violence since the Michael Vick case.

No mention of the trendy practice of the media to label any snub nosed mutt, they can't figure out what breed it is...as a Pit Bull or a Pit Mix.

To say it's unbiased is laughable, all you have to do is a simple Google search on that site to see it's run by a woman who would like to have all Pit Bulls, Pit Bull mixes, and dogs with any sort of "Aggressive" blood line in them, to be sent to the gas chamber

She even gave out her coveted "Dog Warden of the Year" award to a guy who ran a high kill rate shelter, based seemingly on the fact he ran a high kill rate shelter. He was soon run out by the residents of his town because they were disgusted by his practices.

This is just one debunker of that website. Believe me there are many more out there:

http://btoellner.typepad.com/kcdogbl...gsbiteorg.html
Old 02-18-2015, 11:59 AM

That's why I wish personal experience could at least play a little part in this discussion. It has largely been ignored. I think we all acknowledge that pits bite people. But to be so ready to tell someone else their dog should be euthanized without any experience with the breed is a little much.

Last edited by packs; 02-18-2015 at 12:17 PM.