NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: Jason

My apologies to Leon. I will clean it up, as if the previous posts in here were not already stupid enough.

Sorry

Jason

Old 01-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Levine-

I really do not care about your opinion.

TFerg, I think your post was obviously ignorant. Mine may have been somewhat disgusting, but your's WAS ignorant.

Jason

Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: Dan Bretta

As far as the forum goes anyone has a right to be stupid. No one has the right to make homophobic and sexual comments.

Carry on!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: marshall barkman

Jason...man dude you have some real issues. I do not judge people because of their sexuality or race. I think perhaps you watch to much MTV or read to many heavy metal mags. I never claimed to be friends with Brian Warner, we just happened to be in the same town when alternative rock exploded. I never agreed with his lyrical writing but his grooves are bigtime because of Trent Reznor's influence. In regards to the drug comments i do not do drugs but my personal belief is that every human being has the right to experience anything they choose, John Lennon,Jimmi Hendrix,Jim Morrison,Bob Dylan,Johnny Cash,Kurt Kobain,Eric Clapton,Ozzy Osbourne,All of the Rolling Stones,Janice Joplin,Robert Plant,Lou Reed,Johnny Rotten,and many others experienced heavy drug use and ahhhhh their music reflected it and they are the faces of rock-n-roll and their albums sold millions so enough said.

I did buy the photo today at auction and it is way cool. I am pretty sure it is the Chambersburg Maroons minor league team of 1915. The team only existed one year so it has to be a rare photo. The pic is quite large and untouched in a period frame. I'll have to figure out how to get a photo of it on here. I think Clyde Barnhart may be in the photo and he played for Pittsburgh a few seasons. I'll work on getting a pic up.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

In regards to Joe Orlando he was very professional and acknowledged mistakes and did not hide behind smoke and mirrors. I did not ask for free vouchers or grade bumps because the cards should not have been graded in the first place. I cannot have an opinion on how he deals with other folks because unless i hear the conversation how do i know what is going on? The man was genuine and factual with me so i do not know what happened in your case Dan. What is shocking is how in the hell does a Magee error card get lost? That just blows me away. PSA will get more of my cards because i do believe Joe is a sincere guy, i had him pegged wrong so enough said.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Marshall, if you can take a pic of your pic and send it to me in email I will post it to the forum. I'm interested in seeing that photo. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Dan....i just bought a new digital camera today so somehow tomorrow i will try and either get a pic up or shoot you a pic so you can post it. The picture has a certain haunted quality to it and i spoke to a gentleman tonight who is pretty sharp on sports memorablia in regards to the area of Chambersburg and he said it is most likely to be a one of a kind item. I do know a fellow was pissed that i outbid him today and he just glared at me when the item was brought back and handed to me. Maybe he drove a long way to bid on it but he did not BRING THE NOISE when it came time to pony up the cash and i told him that the amp volume goes to 10 which went right over his head, at least he turned around and stopped staring. I must say out of all my photos it has a very ominous quality which i dig.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: John

Isn't the saying goes to 11??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54UU-fPIsY

Marshall you're a rockstar guy!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Is that not the funniest movie. Dan i had to do a million things today and i just got home. I'll try and figure this camera out and get a pic up.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Marshall-

I have no issues. I was jusr ribbing you! I never suggested you were gay. I still take Pittsburgh and claim 20+. Pitt, the under, and you starting a new thread by Super Bowl Sunday. That is a tri-fecta that anyone can count on! Oh yea.....and you can also count on the DOW going under 6K for teaser.

Jason

Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Jason...no big deal i don't take things that serious. In regards to your Super Bowl prediction perhaps you should do some research on the 69,79,89 and 99 games. Curt Warner is a very confident right now and the Steelers are coming off two tough games in cold weather. I think the Steelers will be feeling the pressure because of expectations of a victory, the Cardinals are happy go lucky and that can be very dangerous in this scenario. Ever heard of Joe Namath?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

I hear ya, but the Steelers are the TOTAL package. AZ just simply cannot compete. Steeler Defense will dominate. I suppose we will find out soon enough. I think Warner is hungry as well as the Cardinals but that just will not be enough to get it done this year. They are just maserfully outmatched in every way. Crazier things have happened though I suppose. I mean people still do win the lottery, and a pilot just steered down a plane into the harbor with no casualties, so I suppose there is a glimmer of hope for AZ.

Be well,

Jason

Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: Frank B

It isn't often that the team with the clearly inferior run game and
clearly inferior defense wins a game like this. I personally think they
are in over their head. Do like the job Whisenhunt has done though.
He is a good coach but he can't get out there and run the ball for them.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: ralph

Marshall,
Youve been told to stop with the " bring the noise" comment. Its very unbecoming of you,
I know you groove to " tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree"

Now consider this a warning. You must cease with that phrase

Old 01-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: leon

I am just curious what is going to happen to Marshall if he doesn't heed your warning? Will he explode? "Bring the Noise" is fairly harmless imo. I do hope everyone remembers the focus of this forum though and trys to talk about pre-war baseball cards and related subjects. take care

Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: Steve

Actually I was starting to like it.

"Bring the Noise"

Steve

Old 01-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: Anthony S.

Well, someone has to do it. Consider the noise officially brought (brung? bringified?).....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBA-xi8WuCU

Old 01-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Ralph....what are you like some kind of freaking high school principal wannabe? I'll BRING THE NOISE at all times partner and last time i checked you are not in charge. I also just posted a baseball pic which is cool and i know is a very rare photo. I still say Leon's post of the cow bell is classic. There is no doubt i nominate it post of the year.

BRING THE NOISE- I need more cowbell baby (-:

Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: john/z28jd

Ralph,he is going to continue the annoying catch phrase as long as people keep egging him on. I wish there was a principal around here to keep him from being so childish and then whenever everyone gets annoyed he just plays it off like oh im not serious and its supposed to be ok? Some people just crave attention all the time

Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

I don't need attention John, what i need is a blonde about 5"11 34DD that loves tobacco cards.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: john/z28jd

If one shows up at my door I'll eventually send her your way

Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default PSA-Joe Orlando

Posted By: ralph

Ok Marshall, you right.. Im gonna back off,.. you rock the house,..... You rock the cardboard, you rock the danceclub,..you rock the hairclub for men, .LOL..
Im tryin to be a playa.. but I fillin in 88 Donruss sets..and your goin T 205 on me ! whas up wit dat