NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default San Francisco Collectors Show - Worth Attending?

Just heard about the San Francisco Collectors show at Cow Palace on 4/19-4/21 sponsored by Tristar.

Anyone think that this show is worth attending for pre war cards? I am not interested in the autographs.

As of today, there was no dealer list available so I have no idea who will be there.

It's across the country for me so I have to see if this is really worth the time and effort.

In the meantime, it's off to the Philly show.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Not worth it for a cross country trip. I went one year and the only thing I got out of it was that I was able to meet Michael from SGC and drop off a submission.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Pretty crappy last year but it was only a $2 bus ride for me to get there. I'll be going again just in case. I've got a PCL item I'm going to try to trade someone if I can.

Last edited by packs; 03-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

That must have been 1 expensive submission. Did it atleast come back with a decent grade?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Definitely not worth a cross country trip. It's really not worth it for me to make the trek from the Sacramento area but I will anyway. I'm a sucker for a card show. Maybe some of us Net54 guys can meet up? Good luck at the Philly show. Hopefully it's good.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Kevin

Default San Francisco card show

I am interested in any San Diego Padres or Cleveland Indians Hage's Dairy cards if anyone picks 1 or 2 or 20 of them up there.

Thank you
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Default Only 10 min drive from my place..

So worth it for me... I'll be there if I'm in town
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Chris Counts

For me it's a two-hour drive, so I usually go. But I prefer Mark McRae's shows in San Leandro, which happen about twice every year, and feature mostly vintage and lots of great PCL cards and memorabilia. There's way too much shiny new stuff at the Cow Palace ...
Old 03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
That must have been 1 expensive submission. Did it atleast come back with a decent grade?
Actually, it was just a bunch of beater 1933 Goudeys. Probably wasn't worth the price to grade them. However, I did also pickup some of the SGC boxes for cards then, and since I got them at the show, I wasn't charged a shipping fee for them.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Jose Vazquez
Jo.se Vazq.uez - Banned

It was one of my regular shows in the late 80s early 90s along with the
San Mateo mall just a few minutes up the road, good memories!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepis View Post
It was one of my regular shows in the late 80s early 90s along with the
San Mateo mall just a few minutes up the road, good memories!
Fashion Island?

I was all over the SF show as a kid in the '80's.. "The Moscone". It was a dreamworld to me.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Jose Vazquez
Jo.se Vazq.uez - Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Fashion Island?

I was all over the SF show as a kid in the '80's.. "The Moscone". It was a dreamworld to me.
Fashion Island sounds right the mall was an island great show from the pre grading era
the 1987 Moscone was one of the most incredible shows ever for me
probably 2nd best, i don't remember if it was a National or what they called back then the west coast national.

Last edited by pepis; 03-02-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepis View Post
Fashion Island sounds right the mall was an island great show from the pre grading era
the 1987 Moscone was one of the most incredible shows ever for me
probably 2nd best, i don't remember if it was a National or what they called back then the west coast national.
I first went to Moscone in 87 or 88. I remember the fuss over the ridiculous autograph prices.. Mays, Koufax were in the low teens and guys like Brock,Gibson were between $4-$5. I still have many singed cards from then. I also still have my '59 Clemente I got from Fashion Island's card shop. I remember taking it to school, dinging a corner and trying to lick it to straighten it out again. I ended up making chunk of white border come off. If graded, I'd have turned an 8 into a 4.. But it's raw and I've I since forgiven myself