NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-17-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Welcome to net54!

Here is my Bleacher GA ticket from Vandy's 1st no-hitter and I am 100% certain of it being genuine. Check out the line score info on the back of the ticket. It also came with the box score from the game that was clipped out of the Cincinnati Post the next day.

I hope this helps.
By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!
Old 07-18-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!
jethrod3,
Thank you.
Here is what I can tell you about my Vandy 1st no-hitter ticket:

It was purchased in a major catalogue auction (unfortunately I don't remember which one) perhaps 20 years ago. I was fortunate on the acquisition price as it was a different era in ticket collecting. I have been collecting the no-hitter ticket theme for over 40 years. The older vintage fountain pen scrawls on the back are obviously intact and do a nice job of authenticating the stub. It also has some writing on the front that is no longer legible and is faded due to father time.
The clipping accompanied the ticket stub in the auction.

BTW, I have seen two other examples of undated GA blue tickets from Vandy's 1st no-hitter that were attached to scored scorebooks. At least one of them had writing on the ticket stub indicating details of the game. Your GA ticket number is within about 2800 of another of these GA tickets that I have seen attached to a scored scorebook, so I would not discount that this ticket COULD have been from Vandy's game.
If you would like to reach out to me via e-mail, I could send you photos of this scorebook and ticket as an assist. I am not a fan of PSA at all but they would not authenticate your ticket, so you are best not wasting your time...
Old 08-02-2022, 05:06 PM

Default Looking for 1962 NY, 1962 DC and 1966 All Star Tickets

If allowed, looking for these three tickets:

1962 NY AS Ticket
1962 DC AS Ticket
1966 AS Ticket

If you have em, email me at charles.strite@yahoo.com

ThNks!

Charlie
Old 08-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Jim Caravello

A few goodies from my collection:

Jim Craig Signed Gold Medal Game Ticket

David Cone Perfect Game Tix - Yes, I was lucky to be there!

My very first baseball game in 1971....Mets vs. Giants at Shea.....Koosman pitched a complete game - Mets win! Agee and Kranepool go deep!

Old 09-15-2022, 09:08 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

The Babe's 1st World Series start & win, and the start of his scoreless innings streak.

Only 5 known (graded at PSA), compare to over 120 Called Shot tickets.

This one is as rare as it gets.

Over at Lelands if anyone is interested, only 2 days to go:

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=111082
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (77.2 KB, 509 views)