NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 07-26-2020, 01:09 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default OK, today this COVID crap finally bummed me out some

Tonight I was supposed to be at Dodgers Stadium with 45,000 other American Idiots to see Green Day, my favorite band. I scored 2nd section, 2nd row tickets for my daughter and me. Yeah, I am incredibly lucky that my family is healthy and my business is fine, but goddamnit, I need "a big old plate of sweaty, ear-shredding, live rock and roll, ASAP. The kind that makes your heart race, your body move, and your soul stir with passion." (Dave Grohl)

From the 2017 show at the Rose Bowl, where we were on the floor, mosh pit adjacent (not in it; I am too old for that shit...):

https://youtu.be/dO-Y_fMuc4c

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-26-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:34 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Couldn't they just have declared it a protest show?

The lack of live music, more than sporting events, is the biggest bummer for me.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:41 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Im sure a lot of people wish that was the worst thing that happened to them. Count yourself lucky.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-26-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:38 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Im sure a lot of people wish that was the worst thing that happened to them. Count yourself lucky.
Wanting things to return to somewhat normal, and to be able to enjoy some favorite activities again, does not mean a person doesn't realize there is pain and suffering in this world.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Bob Andrews

We don't do many of those types of shows but I feel your pain. My wife and I have had five (or maybe six?) live music shows canceled. Two were rescheduled for next year on almost identical dates. Something to look forward to. Dunno about the others.

We have quite a few friends in the local music business who are struggling. No gigs, no lessons, etc. I talk to them and I realize again how lucky my family is in that regard.

I miss live music more than live sports, for sure. Let's hope we get to enjoy both safely sometime soon.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:16 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

You can always browse auctions that are live for over 30 days!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-26-2020, 10:25 PM
Steve Birmingham

A drive-in in NH has been having concerts this month.

Not a bad idea.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:39 AM
ThreadKiller

Default agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark17 View Post
wanting things to return to somewhat normal, and to be able to enjoy some favorite activities again, does not mean a person doesn't realize there is pain and suffering in this world.
+1000
Old 07-27-2020, 06:54 AM
James M.

It's a rough situation all around. I know people or families that have had it worse, mines defintely been lucky for the most part. On top of a few concerts that I was supposed to go to, along with a trip to the National, I was originally seeing a few cousins, aunts and uncles in Italy this year. Haven't seen them in close to five years, I'll have to wait until next summer at the minimum, hopefully there's a vaccine by then, as I'm not comfortable flying without one if I'm being honest.

I also had plans to see Green Day this year too! Very bummed, they put on a great show.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
A drive-in in NH has been having concerts this month.

Not a bad idea.
Doing that in Texas too, I believe. I know there are concerts going on that are outdoor. This covid sucks in so many ways.