NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Tim

My only ticket (or pass). The last year Shag Shaughnessy was manager of the Roanoke club.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 07-04-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 AM

Default Seattle Mariner tickets

Not vintage but to me I think it is pretty cool. Around 1995 I purchased a ticket for the Seattle Mariners first game ever played at the Kingdome. Not that rare to find here in the Seattle area. Flash forward to the final year in the Kingdome, when single game tickets went on sale I purchased the exact same seat location for the last Mariner game to be played in the Kingdome. I remember the lady at the Mariners office giving me a weird look when I asked for a completely random upper deck seat location in the middle of the row when their was so many other seats open at the time. I have the two tickets sitting in a box somewhere just keep putting it off getting them framed up. How many people can say that they have a ticket (same seat location) to the first and last game at a stadium for their favorite team?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Scott

GREAT idea Mike. Would look awesome framed w a stadium pic or a couple autographs, etc.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Default tickets

These are George Brett's last game tickets .... one in Kansas City the
other in Texas. The Arlington ticket is also the last game in Arlington
Stadium and would be Nolan Ryan's last game in that Stadium.

They are also signed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last game kc.jpg (76.9 KB, 661 views)
File Type: jpg last game 2.jpg (76.2 KB, 659 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
How many people can say that they have a ticket (same seat location) to the first and last game at a stadium for their favorite team?
That is so cool! Can you post scans?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Default Autographed 500th Homerun tickets

I collect signed 500th Homerun tickets here is what I have so far. Need Sheff and Manny to do a signing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500hrsignedtix.jpg (82.1 KB, 692 views)
File Type: jpg 500hrtix.jpg (80.1 KB, 691 views)
Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Default Jim "Catfish" Hunter full, unused perfect game ticket

One of my personal favorites from my no-hit ticket collection is this full, unused ticket from Catfish Hunter's perfect game on May 8th, 1968. Very few people attended this game (attendance 6298- lowest ever in a perfect game), making any example of this ticket scarce. Finding a full, unused ticket was insanely difficult as I am only aware that two exist in the hobby! I found mine about 6-8 years ago in a major auction.
Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Catfish perfect game full ticket.jpg (60.7 KB, 679 views)
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Default Sweet

That is a real nice one Scott!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Default 500 HR ticket collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
I collect signed 500th Homerun tickets here is what I have so far. Need Sheff and Manny to do a signing
Randall,
Wow! That's a pretty fine 500 HR ticket collection that you have going there. Very nice!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Scott, that Catfish Hunter perfect game ticket is sweet! Catfish was always one of my favorite players.
I've been meaning to ask you about your no hit ticket collection. Sounds like you have quite a few. Besides the obvious "very old tickets", are there any more recent tickets that you've had a hard time finding (lack of attendance, etc)? Just curious.
Also, did anyone get a chance over the 4th of July weekend to see the MLB channel and their show about perfect games. It was pretty good, but what made it real interesting, at least for me, was something I didn't realize. I'm watching as Tom Browning throws a perfect game and who catches the last out...Paul O'neil...and there he is again as both Wells and Cone throw perfect-o's. How unusual that one player would participate in 3 no hitters, let alone perfect games.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Default Scarce no-hitter and perfect game tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Scott, that Catfish Hunter perfect game ticket is sweet! Catfish was always one of my favorite players.
I've been meaning to ask you about your no hit ticket collection. Sounds like you have quite a few. Besides the obvious "very old tickets", are there any more recent tickets that you've had a hard time finding (lack of attendance, etc)? Just curious.
Also, did anyone get a chance over the 4th of July weekend to see the MLB channel and their show about perfect games. It was pretty good, but what made it real interesting, at least for me, was something I didn't realize. I'm watching as Tom Browning throws a perfect game and who catches the last out...Paul O'neil...and there he is again as both Wells and Cone throw perfect-o's. How unusual that one player would participate in 3 no hitters, let alone perfect games.
Mike,
Thanks! I always liked Catfish as well.

Great question! Since baseball attendance is up over the last 20-25 years there aren't many recent no-hitter and perfect game tickets that I would call scarce, but there are a few. Here are some that I believe are a challenge to find:

Mike Witt's perfect game (season ticket) on 9/30/84 at Texas
Joe Cowley's no-no on 9/19/86 at Anaheim
Mark Langston, Mike Witt combo no-hitter 4/11/90 at Anaheim
Kent Mercker, Mark Wohlers, Pena combo no-hitter 9/11/91 at Atlanta
Anabal Sanchez (season ticket) 9/6/06 at Miami

BTW, I'm still missing a few from the 1960's and 1970's for my collection. Because I don't own them already, I know these are tough to find. I would love to locate these and would pay a finders fee to anyone that can help me locate them:

Ken Johnson 4/23/64 at Houston
Dave Morehead 9/16/65 at Boston
Don Wilson 6/18/67 at Houston
Ray Washburn 9/18/68 at SF
Bill Stoneman 4/17/69 at Philadelphia
Don Wilson 5/1/69 at Cincinnati
Jim Palmer 8/13/69 at Baltimore
Vida Blue 9/21/70 at Oakland
Bill Stoneman (2nd) 10/2/72 at Montreal
Steve Busby (1st) 4/27/73 at Detroit
Phil Niekro 8/5/73 at Atlanta
Jim Colborn 5/14/77 at Kansas City

Thanks!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-10-2010 at 04:53 AM.