NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 12-17-2021, 08:01 PM
Jon

Default WTB - "The World's Best Unopened Pack, Wrapper & Display Box Guide" by Mark Murphy

Hi all, I've seen Mark Murphy's book referenced on multiple forums as a go-to for becoming a more discerning vintage sealed wax collector. I've been trying to track down a copy and can't seem to find one. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon
Old 01-05-2022, 09:33 PM

Did you unearth a copy?

I used to keep it around at shows and also carry the Mr. Mint Million Dollar Auction of unopened wax packs. That was in color - and the auction results on Liveauctioneers are really helpful for prices of the time and pictures of the packs.

Unfortunately none of the sources are complete and have many holes.

In the past 7-8 years of collecting and buying and selling packs, I have turned up much more than either of those sources.

I stick to five cent wax packs between 1948 to 1970, for all four major sports. There are some collectors who stick to Topps baseball, but I do every sport and every company between those years. Just so you know, the primary difficulty is Parkhurst and Topps hockey. They are incredibly tough to find pre-1970, but I now need only two more examples.

BTW I knew Mark Murphy as he lived about ten minutes from my house in Bayside Queens and he used to walk around at my monthly card show that I ran there and would set up occasionally or walk around at my monthly shows in Connecticut.

He was a really good "kid". We made some deals back in the day - but not on wax packs. I was buying and selling them back then but not collecting them.

If you can't find a copy of his guide -- e-mail me at DynamicTwo@aol.com and give me your cell phone number and when I find my copy I will send you photos of each two page spread.

Good luck.

Steve Sabow
914-522-3853
Old 01-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Robert J. Miller

Hi there. I have a copy that is not for sale but if it fits your needs, I can photo copy the book and send it to you. It is about 70 pages. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 01-06-2022, 06:48 PM

Default Mark Murphy Book

PM sent
Old 01-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Jon

Thanks everyone! I'm grateful for your support.

philliesfan has graciously offered to send pics of some of the high interest pages for me - much appreciated.

Steve_NY - thanks for the advice/background!
Old 01-08-2022, 05:49 PM
Robert J. Miller

As requested by another member:
M Murphy Basketball.jpg

M Murphy Basketball 1.jpg

M Murphy Basketball 2.jpg

M Murphy Basketball 3.jpg