NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default OT My postings

Guys Just an FYI in case you havent noticed already,(lol) Im a pretty bad speller, rofl, but can do just about everything else very well but spelling just isnt my thing, so with all my posts so far and all the posts to come, here is my apology. (apology spelled correct)
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 AM
Barry Sloate

I've noticed.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I've noticed.
hehehe, dont expect it do get any better, if you cant figure out a word PM me any time, lolol
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Barry Sloate

I can figure them out, I just wince a little bit when I see them. Spelling takes practice and the English language isn't always easy. I used to correct bad spelling on the board and got pilloried for it, so these days I just let it go. It's an acquired skill I guess.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Dont be intimidated by em... Its a free country damnit!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
It's an acquired skill I guess.
Very true, i can tell you i have recently learned to spell some words i previously didnt know like: Peidmont, Caporal, and Sovereign! Sovereign still messes me up though i must admit

Last edited by EvilKing00; 01-27-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 AM
$cotty @.utin

Spelling and grammar are improved through care and practice. If you don't care, it won't improve. Be aware that an army of misspelled words presents an impression about your level of intellect (whether true or not). No apology needed for an impression.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Shouldn't the title of this thread be

"OT My pastings"?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotan_02 View Post
Spelling and grammar are improved through care and practice. If you don't care, it won't improve. Be aware that an army of misspelled words presents an impression about your level of intellect (whether true or not). No apology needed for an impression.
I would agree that if you dont care it wont improve, (and im just too old now to start lol) though i would disagree that misspelled words reflect at all on a persons intellect. I can tell you that i had gone to a very good private grammer school grades 1-8, a top 10 private high school, and a good private college in NYC. Most if not all my work was done on a computer , ie spell check. I have also run a few successful businesses. I never needed to really learn spelling or use it in anyway.

But i can say that a knowledge of math, business, manipulation (people skills)and logic can reflect heavilly on ones intellect.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Barry Sloate

Part of what makes spelling difficult is that even though we have rules, such as "i" before "e" except after "c", there are just as many exceptions to them. As stated, it does take practice and you do have to care. I'm a pretty good natural speller but I still always look words up in the dictionary, just to be sure. I guess today it's not as important as it once was. Texting certainly has created a new vocabulary and a new way to communicate.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
I would agree that if you dont care it wont improve, (and im just too old now to start lol) though i would disagree that misspelled words reflect at all on a persons intellect. I can tell you that i had gone to a very good private grammer school grades 1-8, a top 10 private high school, and a good private college in NYC. Most if not all my work was done on a computer , ie spell check. I have also run a few successful businesses. I never needed to really learn spelling or use it in anyway.

But i can say that a knowledge of math, business, manipulation (people skills)and logic can reflect heavilly on ones intellect.

Now that's fascinating. I'm from the generation just slightly older, Public school the whole way but pretty good ones. (Dad was the assistant superintendent for my High school)
I didn't run across spell check until tech school in 83. And at that time the professors told us to be sure to turn it off if we were using it. The built in library didn't have most of the technical terms and made a complete mess of anything technical since it corrected to words that were close to what we'd typed.

I have it on in Outlook now, but it still has problems with some bicycle terms, even common ones like derailleur- a fake french word that I usually replace with "derailler" largely out of respect for Sheldon Brown who was a wonderful mechanic who ran a very detailed website and died a few years ago he deliberately spelled it wrong because he hated the fake french. Spellcheck doesn't like it either, but has no problem with the deliberate mistake

And don't feel at all bad about Sovereign. I get that one wrong fairly often.

Steve B
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Mike

Quote:
Part of what makes spelling difficult is that even though we have rules, such as "i" before "e" except after "c", there are just as many exceptions to them. As stated, it does take practice and you do have to care. I'm a pretty good natural speller but I still always look words up in the dictionary, just to be sure. I guess today it's not as important as it once was. Texting certainly has created a new vocabulary and a new way to communicate.
I pointed out to the powers that be, at work, that their new sign for the Receiving Dock, already installed for the world to see, was spelled incorrectly. Recieving Dock doesn't say much about a company's eye for detail, now does it?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Barry Sloate

"Recieve" is one of those words that is often misspelled.

The all-time champ though, and maybe it is more of a usage problem, is the misuse of "its" and "it's". Virtually everybody gets them wrong.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Quote:
"Recieve" is one of those words that is often misspelled.

The all-time champ though, and maybe it is more of a usage problem, is the misuse of "its" and "it's". Virtually everybody gets them wrong.
+1

Another at the top of that list is their, there or they're.

r/
Frank
Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

talking about difficult words, you may not believe this but in most co-ops or condos that i sell in the bi-laws it says that you can have any velosipeds in the hallway. Now forget about even trying to spell that but i had to learn real quick(about 10 years ago) what the hell that even was. lol

Here is a link if you dont know - http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwCA&dur=252

Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

posted in wrong thread sry

Last edited by EvilKing00; 01-27-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Very true, i can tell you i have recently learned to spell some words i previously didnt know like: Peidmont, Caporal, and Sovereign! Sovereign still messes me up though i must admit
Methinks "Piedmont" is also still messing you up!
Happy collecting,
Val
Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

HA you were the only one to catch it! damn too long ENUFF, lol

come on guys..................rofl

Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
+1

Another at the top of that list is their, there or they're.

r/
Frank
Yes, "they're" and "there", as well as "you're" and "your", are next in line.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Barry Sloate

Another error I'm seeing lately, and I don't know where it comes from, goes something like this:

Singular= one pony.
Plural= a group of pony's.

Some people feel the way to pluralize a word is to add an apostrophe "s". What's that all about?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Yes, "they're" and "there", as well as "you're" and "your", are next in line.
They're ewe Gogh a gain, Berry. Does syntax matter?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
They're ewe Gogh a gain, Berry. Does syntax matter?
I always poof reed my posts. It helps.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Ja,mie B.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but in the era of spell-check, I see no reason why one wouldn't want to make an effort to spell words properly. As they say, the art is in the presentation.

You could be perfectly correct in your opinions, but if the spelling is atrocious, it would undoubtedly detract from the point which you are trying to make. There are all sorts of grammar errors, yet there is a difference between someone who lacks the intelligence to know otherwise and someone who is smart yet lackadaisical.

No one is perfect with spelling or grammar, yet I must admit that I also reside in the camp which would rather not suffer through other people's careless mistakes and misspellings.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Geordie Calvert

Heh. This subject reminds me of an email my mother-in-law forwarded to me the other night. I know this has been circulating for quite a while.

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but in the era of spell-check, I see no reason why one wouldn't want to make an effort to spell words properly. As they say, the art is in the presentation.

You could be perfectly correct in your opinions, but if the spelling is atrocious, it would undoubtedly detract from the point which you are trying to make. There are all sorts of grammar errors, yet there is a difference between someone who lacks the intelligence to know otherwise and someone who is smart yet lackadaisical.

No one is perfect with spelling or grammar, yet I must admit that I also reside in the camp which would rather not suffer through other people's careless mistakes and misspellings.
+1
I do find many of the posts really difficult to slog through.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Ke.n K0hen

For what it's worth, more than shoddy spelling, I find certain instances of butchered grammar much more "offensive" to the eyes and ears. For example, when someone says or writes "between you and I" or "between he and I," it's like fingernails across a blackboard.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Hey Barry,

It looks like a lot of us are concerned about spelling errors, grammar and syntax. You have previously told me that you tire of your penchant for posting corrections. Therefore why not hold an election periodically for the position of Net54 schoolmarm, who vows to be strict and priggish, while in office. I may just throw my hat in the ring. My name is Frank:Bur:kett and I approve of this message, which has been proofread by my campaign manager.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 AM

Default Twenty-five replies in forty minutes ;

Jeez , talk about hitting a nerve.....two-shay.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
Heh. This subject reminds me of an email my mother-in-law forwarded to me the other night. I know this has been circulating for quite a while.

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Yeah, I read it. Whats my prize?

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!

Last edited by Jlighter; 01-27-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Spelling

I thought it was Sovern.

I posted this on another spelling thread even though is more of a pronunciation issue. Listen to the talking heads on any major network and listen closely. You will hear - uhlection, uhvent, etc. The e pronunciation is disappearing and is being replaced by uh. Wolf Blitzer is one of the biggest offenders.

I can't get no satisfaction.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlighter View Post
Yeah, I read it. Whats my prize?
You have to do everything in your life with the same amount of attention to detail as EvilK does with his writing. That includes crossing the street during rush hour, choosing food items at a Vietnamese buffet, your personal finances, and if you are single, all decisions involving romance.

Let us no how your knew life works out four ewe.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Ronald Goldberg

Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Mike

I am more likely to overlook typos than poor grammer. By the time I was supposed to be taking a typing class in high school, I had discovered girls or beer or maybe reefer. Come to think of it it might have been all three. Typing was the first class of the day, so it suffered.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Hey Barry,

It looks like a lot of us are concerned about spelling errors, grammar and syntax. You have previously told me that you tire of your penchant for posting corrections. Therefore why not hold an election periodically for the position of Net54 schoolmarm, who vows to be strict and priggish, while in office. I may just throw my hat in the ring. My name is Frank:Bur:kett and I approve of this message, which has been proofread by my campaign manager.
I'm all for it Frank. I would at the very least like to see people write more clearly, so I have at least some idea of what they are trying to say. And if they spell correctly, all the better. The job is yours, but you won't win any popularity contests.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
I'm all for it Frank. I would at the very least like to see people write more clearly, so I have at least some idea of what they are trying to say. And if they spell correctly, all the better. The job is yours, but you won't win any popularity contests.
Not without an election, and to be honest my tendencies are more piggish than priggish.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 AM

My biggest bitch is the incorrect use of adverbs. Apparently around 1985 English teachers decided children no longer needed to concern themselves with adverbs and avoided teaching proper use of them. People have also become lazy and don't seem to care anymore.
I can catch about 40-50 a day which are improperly used if I listen to local and national news and sports shows, not to mention every day conversations
Knowing when to use "quick" or "quickly", "poor" or "poorly", "sick" or "sickly" and "good" or "well" no longer seems to matter to 98% of Americans

Last edited by tbob; 01-27-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Joe M.

Spelling, Grammar and writing are not taught in Schools today like they were in the "Old Days". Proud to say, I won the 5th grade Spelling Bee years ago.

And the tweeting, cell phone messaging does not help either.

With that statement, I still might spell some words wrong, so I apologize in advance.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
My biggest bitch is the incorrect use of adverbs. Apparently around 1985 English teachers decided children no longer needed to concern themselves with adverbs and avoided teaching proper use of them. People have also become lazy and don't seem to care anymore.
I can catch about 40-50 a day which are improperly used if I listen to local and national news and sports shows, not to mention every day conversations
Knowing when to use "quick" or "quickly", "poor" or "poorly", "sicky" or "sickly" and "good" or "well" no longer seems to matter to 98% of Americans
That kind of nails it- people don't care about it anymore. Now of course there are more important things in this world than spelling and grammar, but people should keep in mind that when you post on this board, you are expecting others to read it. And I find it a struggle to read and understand poorly written posts. Sometimes I just move on to the next one because I can't make heads or tails out the one I'm reading. It's a courtesy to others to write clearly, and it doesn't hurt to take a minute to proofread before you hit the "submit" button.

Class dismissed.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Not without an election, and to be honest my tendencies are more piggish than priggish.
Okay, I elect Frank. Any nays? None....Frank, you're elected.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Belltown Vintage

Old guys - it's only going to get worse. Kids have more important things to do in their lives than worry about rules, and I mean ANY rules. It could be partly a function of where I live, but the kids I know (and by 'kids', I mean anyone under 30) are only interested in playing video games, drinking and smoking. I know plenty of really intelligent young people who didn't think getting a high school degree was very important. It's cool to be a slacker. From where I am sitting right at this moment, I can look out the window and see 'cool kids' and homeless people. In many cases it's the same people, just on different parts of the same path.

In our generation this attitude generally only lasted through high school, then we had to go get a job. It was a cultural thing, and it protected us.

But back to the topic. English is devolving. Oral language started off purely as a means of communication. Written language gave it rules and thus permanence. Our youth have a distaste for rules. Any method that communicates a thought is now acceptable.

Fight dullardness: Read, write letters, do math in your head.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Jeff

Quote:
That kind of nails it- people don't care about it anymore. Now of course there are more important things in this world than spelling and grammar, but people should keep in mind that when you post on this board, you are expecting others to read it. And I find it a struggle to read and understand poorly written posts. Sometimes I just move on to the next one because I can't make heads or tails out the one I'm reading. It's a courtesy to others to write clearly, and it doesn't hurt to take a minute to proofread before you hit the "submit" button.

Class dismissed.
To me a poorly written/structured/spelled post is the same as a BST listing with no price, not gonna spend much time there.
Now there is a great deal of difference in a post with a wrongly spelled word and one where you need an interpreter.

I'll also cop to be a very poor typist and get very lazy proofing before I hit send, that creates issues as well.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 01-27-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Barry Sloate

It does help to proofread, but I know very few people take the time to do so. And as Scott said, people hate rules. It's a sign of the times. I actually don't mind most rules and am willing to follow them, but I was brought up in a different generation. I was in grammar and high school in the 1960's, a much different world than today.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Jeff

Barry,
I know and understand rules. I was raised with them and my kids have been too, and to the extent that they didn't like it - they were SOL.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 01-27-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post

HA thats awesome - now i can reat that no problem

Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
You have to do everything in your life with the same amount of attention to detail as EvilK does with his writing. That includes crossing the street during rush hour, choosing food items at a Vietnamese buffet, your personal finances, and if you are single, all decisions involving romance.

Let us no how your knew life works out four ewe.
Do most people do EVERYTHING in their life with the same amount of attention? i surley dont. Some things are just more impt than others no?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Nothing upsets me more than people who are lazy and shiftless with their grammar -- except people who are lazy and shiftless in their lives.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

91 people currently vewing and 5 pages of posts in only a few hours, interesting.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Non starter

Where did the term "non-starter" come from? Non Sequitur? I hate that term but it seems to popular at the moment.

When I hear someone say non-starter it has a negative uhffect on my uhmotions.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I always poof reed my posts. It helps.
Oh my goodness Frank, hahah.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
There are all sorts of grammar errors, yet there is a difference between someone who lacks the intelligence to know otherwise and someone who is smart yet lackadaisical.
I would disagree with this as well. As far as lackadaisical or lazy, due to not being on top of spelling. I can only speak for my self - but for 20 years i was in the resturant business worked 16-18 hours a day 6 days a week. For the last 8 years im in Real estate and though the hours are better im always working. Im also thinking of opening another business next year and i run 2 websites and own a rental property. I would say im far from lackadaisical and but also far from a good speller, lol

I always tell my employees, its good to know what you know but its better to also know what you dont know.