NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Default Fed-Ex/Mears Insurance Claim

So I just got done filing a complete loss insurance claim through Fed-Ex. They so called "delivered" my package today and left at front door. (No signature required) Package was not delivered and I even had someone at the house while I was at work today. So I guess it's my word against Fed-Ex when it comes to the claim and getting a refund? Online since there wasn't a signature required the only "proof" they have that it was delivered is 2:59pm left at front door. I'm just frustrated I guess. Anyone else have non delivery insurance claims and what was the result?
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Default Ups

I had a 1K claim through UPS..same deal they said it was left outside...no package. I had it insured for 1K although the value was more like 3K. Ouch, Dave. UPS paid claim very quickly as I recall.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

The wording on the Fed Ex claim was something to the affect of amount I paid for items and a separate blank for value of items. I couldn't image any company would give you refund for value as opposed to what you paid. I had to submit a copy of my MEARS invoice of what I paid and will be happy to get that back.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
So I just got done filing a complete loss insurance claim through Fed-Ex. They so called "delivered" my package today and left at front door. (No signature required) Package was not delivered and I even had someone at the house while I was at work today. So I guess it's my word against Fed-Ex when it comes to the claim and getting a refund? Online since there wasn't a signature required the only "proof" they have that it was delivered is 2:59pm left at front door. I'm just frustrated I guess. Anyone else have non delivery insurance claims and what was the result?
Holy crap that is scary stuff I just had Fedex deliever my T205 Ty Cobb yesterday and I was not home luckily my girlfriend was called off work yesterday and able to bring it inside to safety ( of course I had to tell her the package was a credit card or I would not hear the end of it). They scared me too because I live in Illinois and at first it was only going to take two days to get it, they said by saturday Nov 19th, then all of a sudden I checked it Friday night and it went from Georgia to New Jersey! Then they changed the delivery date to Tuesday the 22nd, a day I had to work the 11:30 to 8:00pm shift, I am just glad my girlfriend was home because I do not trust some of the shady people that go in and out of my neighborhood at times. Luckily I got to go home last night and drool for hours at my new Cobb.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Yeah I'm not a real big fan of the "no signature required" type of delivery.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Christopher Herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Yeah I'm not a real big fan of the "no signature required" type of delivery.
I swear by the good ol' USPS. My rule is that anything over $250.00 requires a signature (outgoing or incoming) but I also only live 5 blocks from my post office so I don't mind missing the package and walking to pick it up.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Curt

I wonder if many of the drivers are told to do the ring and dash. I have watched a driver come to my front door, ring the bell and turn around and leave. They are not waiting for you to answer. The bell ring is a "courtesy" I suppose to let you know it arrived. If you don't hear it, you have to stumble upon your package later.

Saves time, but can lead to many problems with "non-delivery" or theft.

I have all of my collectibles come to my work address. Someone is always there and it is as safe as anything, plus then the address I share with the world is not where my collection is housed. Further protection...you never know when someone may try something funny because they have your home address!! Buy or trade for $1000s of items and then give someone a map to your front door!! Maybe I am a tad paranoid and I don't even live in the "bad area" of town, just like to be cautious.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Zach

I hear ya about being pararnoid, I will not even talk about my collection or show any pics on Facebook or anything. I tell my closest of friends not to mention my collection to strangers, because heaven forbid they get my address then.......
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Tom Boblitt

UPS Store mailbox.....real street address and any delivery service delivers there, they sign for it and I pick it up every other day or so.....12-15 bucks a month for piece of mind.....

UPS and FedEx will driver release items of lower value...generally under $500 unless the sender specifically says they require a signature but then the sender pays more for the shipment. Depending on the neighborhood and situation, the driver release is often up to the driver......26 year UPS guy here....
Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Steve Murray

UPS Store mailbox.....real street address and any delivery service delivers there, they sign for it and I pick it up every other day or so.....12-15 bucks a month for piece of mind.....

+1
Old 11-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I never had a claim with Fed Ex but did have one with UPS a few years back. It was on some computer equipment and it never showed up so I finally checked the status online and it said it was delivered and signed for. I called UPS and told them that it wasn't my signature and didn't know who's it was. It turned out to be the UPS drivers signature. When a signature was required and nobody was home, he would sign his name and leave the package at the door. Well the next delivery I got from UPS, I was home for and the driver was not happy at all with me. I finally had to have all UPS deliveries sent to another location so I didn't have to deal with that driver and the possible loss or damage that he could cause. The loss was around $300 but was only insured for $100 by the seller and he refused to cover the difference in the loss even though he under insured the package to save money.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Zach

I just love to deal with USPS for everything, I try to steer away from UPS and Fedex.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I wonder if many of the drivers are told to do the ring and dash. I have watched a driver come to my front door, ring the bell and turn around and leave. They are not waiting for you to answer. The bell ring is a "courtesy" I suppose to let you know it arrived. If you don't hear it, you have to stumble upon your package later.

As a former UPS driver, that's exactly what you are trained to do for most house deliveries. If you wait for everybody to come to the door, you won't keep your job for very long.

As a 6 year cover driver who often had to fill in for other drivers routes I wasn't familiar with, it was of even more importance that you finish your deliveries as quickly as possible, to make up all the time you were losing by not actually knowing the structure of the route you were on.

They also kept detailed statistics on every aspect of your day, and packages brought back to the building was one of the things that were highly frowned upon. Unless a package specifically said "Signature Required", you were expected to find a way to deliver it.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Ken McMillan

See UPS Is no different than any other corporate situation. Always a numbers game. Not good!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Sorry to hear of the lost package. That is always one of the biggest fears I have of coming home and no package on the porch . Did it come or did it get ripped of by somebody ? I expected one Friday didn't show up and got a little worried, then came home on Monday to find the we missed you note. At least it came. hope everything turns out for you. Brett
Old 11-24-2011, 01:12 PM

Default Sorry to hear about that

That's a bad situation and very frustrating. It's weird, I think it is this time of year where you hear a lot of the mail delivery horror stories. A local collector was telling me a situation his wife had with an ebay seller, and it was pretty much the same thing, no insurance, no signature just regular delivery confirmation.

Package was stated as delivered to her address but nothing arrived and they had a lock and key mailbox, so nothing would have been stolen. Apparently the post office confirmed that a new carrier had been on the route that day and decided that they would review the situation but no insurance had been purchased by the seller. She lost out, and apparently was pretty frustrated too.

He told me that he is expecting a sweater now for christmas,
Old 11-24-2011, 02:20 PM

Fed Ex is the worst. If there is no sig required, they don't even ring the doorbell or knock. THey just toss it on the porch and turn around. Often they just leave it even if a sig is required. I have had some very valuable packages just left even with sig. required. I NEVER choose to use Fed Ex.
JimB
Old 11-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Michael

Hi Michael.

Don't take "no" for an answer. Call Fed Ex and get the drivers name and telephone number. Talk to the driver to see what he says. Find out from the driver exactly where he/she put the package, and what time of day the package was delivered. Keep calling Fed Ex every day and tell them that you want your package. Don't settle for an insurance claim. Talk to the supervisor and if you aren't satisfied talk to the supervisors supervisor. If you are enough of a pain in the ass they may come up with your package.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

I did pay for insurance when I sent payment to MEARS. I should be covered there. They never left the package at my house. Someone was here and said they never rang door bell, knocked, nothing. It shows they delivered(left at front door) exactly 1 hour prior to me getting home from work. After I submitted the online claim through Fed-Ex it said I should hear something in 5-7 days. I'm just curious if they typically prolong something like this until they get to the bottom of it or just cut me a check and call it good. Yes I would like the package but a refund would be okay too.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Jerry

I recall something like this happeneing to me before with fedex, The driver marked it delivered the day before he actually delivered it.
I guess he wanted to take off early or couldn't finish his route but for whatever reason it did show up the following day.
I think Fed/Ex ground are contract drivers working on their on schedule and maybe he marked it delivered just to satisfy Fed/Ex and really intends to deliver it later.

I think you have a good chance it will still show up.

Just reflecting a past experience.

Good Luck
Old 11-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Bruce C@rter

The safest way not to lose something like this with FedEx or UPS is to have the sender send it "Hold for pick up". Then just go to the terminal and pick it up. If you know it is coming in that day you can actually get very early in the mourning. Of course if the terminal is a very long way from your home that would be a big inconvenience.