NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-31-2022, 06:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show us some spiffy cards of your top 6 favorite T206 backs

I refer to the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT cards as "matched pairs". American Lithographic printed 74 cards of each, using the same pre-printed
sheets of the fronts of these 74 subjects.
My theory is....AB 460 and UZIT cards (74 each) were the final production runs of the T206 set (circa Spring 1911). Checklists will follow.
I may add that I also think that a number of LENOX cards were printed in that same timeframe.

I will start this show with my first AB 460 (Wheat), and my favorite (Cobb). I have 73 of the 74 cards in this sub-set (need only Camnitz).

. .

And, here is my first UZIT (Schaefer) and my pride and joy (McGraw).
This sub-set is a work in progress.
. . .

OK....it's your turn to Show-n-Tell some of your favorite T206 backs and as many of their cards as you desire.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 04-02-2022 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Modified Title.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:44 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
I refer to the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT cards as "matched pairs". American Lithographic printed 74 cards of each, using the same pre-printed
My theory is....AB 460 and UZIT cards (74 each) were the final production runs of the T206 set (circa Spring 1911). Checklists will follow.
I may add that I also think that a number of LENOX cards were printed in that same timeframe.

I will start this show with my first AB 460 (Wheat), and my favorite (Cobb). I have 73 of the 74 cards in this sub-set (need only Camnitz).

. .

. . .

OK....it's your turn to Show-n-Tell some of your favorite T206 backs and as many of their cards as you desire.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Ted, I can’t help myself and have to ask . . . You said there are 74 subjects with AB 460 backs. T206 Resource’s AB 460 checklist shows 75 confirmed subjects. Which subject on their list do you believe is a false positive? I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and I’m not working on an AB subset. So I don’t know the answer and haven’t done any research on this to date. You also know from our previous exchanges that T206 Resource still shows three false positives on its EPDG checklist (Pastorius, Hunky Shaw and Willett). So I’m making no presumptions that T206 Resource’s AB 460 list is correct. I’d just like to know. Getting 73 subjects with AB 460 backs is quite the accomplishment.

Here’s a link to their AB 460 checklist: https://t206resource.com/American%20...Checklist.html
Old 03-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Sonny Tutor

Pretty sure the extra is Ames Hands over Head
Old 03-31-2022, 07:09 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutor View Post
Pretty sure the extra is Ames Hands over Head
Ah, indeed. It’s pop-zero on both PSA and SGC.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:43 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Love the Red Hindus

Old 03-31-2022, 07:55 PM
Banned

smart move, starting a new thread.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:16 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show us some spiffy cards of your favorite T206 back....AB460 & UZIT are my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenJon View Post
Ted, I can’t help myself and have to ask . . . You said there are 74 subjects with AB 460 backs. T206 Resource’s AB 460 checklist shows 75 confirmed subjects. Which subject on their list do you believe is a false positive? I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and I’m not working on an AB subset. So I don’t know the answer and haven’t done any research on this to date. You also know from our previous exchanges that T206 Resource still shows three false positives on its EPDG checklist (Pastorius, Hunky Shaw and Willett). So I’m making no presumptions that T206 Resource’s AB 460 list is correct. I’d just like to know. Getting 73 subjects with AB 460 backs is quite the accomplishment.

Here’s a link to their AB 460 checklist: https://t206resource.com/American%20...Checklist.html
Jon

Ames (hands over head) is the 75th card on T206Resource's AB 460 checklist.

It is absolute incorrect. I can give you several reasons why I say this, but 2 will do. I had this card listed in one of my early (circa 2008) AB460 threads because it was an input
in Bill Brown's T206 Super Set Xcel work-sheet (circa 2006) by a very dependable fellow.
Then when I came up with my "Mutually-Exclusive" theory regarding the 350/460 series, I realized that this Ames was never printed with an AB 460 back. I contacted the Net54
member who inputted that front/back combo to the Super Set. He checked his vast collection of T206's and admitted he has an Ames/CYCLE 460 which he by mistake inputted
this card as an AB 460.

2nd.....If you check-out T206 Reference Post #945, you will see that Red HINDU cards were printed with SWEET CAP 350-460 Factory #42 cards (AB 460 cards are absolutely
a NO-PRINT with this SC back). And with the exception of the Exclusive 12 subjects, AB 460 and Red HINDU cards are mutually-exclusive.
This Ames has been confirmed with a SWEET CAP 350-460 Factory #42 back. However, this Ames has yet to be confirmed with a Red HINDU back. I completely expect
it will eventually be discovered with a Red HINDU.
I predicted two other cards in recent years would be found with Red HINDU backs (Dougherty and Donlin)....and, they were.

TED Z
Old 03-31-2022, 09:12 PM

Damn Chris!

I love a brown old mill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3CAD70EF-DED2-485E-87E3-93EB760E4C9F.jpg (133.9 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg DAF35830-2068-4521-8D92-DDF92DE2632E.jpg (120.9 KB, 408 views)
Old 04-01-2022, 05:29 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 checklist

AMERICAN BEAUTY 460.......74 (total) confirmed cards. Printed and issued in early 1911....COMPLETE

350/460 Series..................28 cards COMPLETE

Berger
Bradley (bat)
Burch (fielding)
Cobb (bat off)
Conroy (bat)
Crawford (bat)
Jennings (one hand)
Jennings (two hands)
Jordan (bat)
Lajoie (bat)
Lake (no ball)
Leach (cap)
Leifield (bat)
Manning (pitching)
McQuillan (bat)
Mullin (bat)
Overall (yellow sky)
Pelty (vertical)
Pfeister (throwing)
Smith (Chicago & Boston)

Steinfeldt (bat)
Tinker (bat off)
Wagner (bat on right)
Doc White (pitching)
Wilhelm (bat)
Willetts
Willis (bat)
Wiltse (pitching)

460-only Series..................46 cards COMPLETE

Abbaticcio (blue sleeves)
Ball (Cleveland)
Bell (pitching)
Bescher (arms above)
Bergen (catching)
Bridwell (portrait-cap)
Camnitz (arms above head)
Camnitz (arm at side)
Chance (bat)
Chase (trophy)
Crandall (portrait-cap)
Devore
Doyle (portrait)
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Herzog (Boston)
Howell (hands at waist)
Hummell

Lake (with ball)
Latham
Marquard (follow thru)
McGraw (portrait-cap)
McGraw (glove at hip)
Merkle (throwing)
Meyers (portrait)
Murray (portrait)
Needham
Oldring (bat)
Overall (blue sky)
Payne
Pfeffer
Schaefer (Washington)
Schulte (back view)
Schlei (portrait)
Schlei (bat)
Seymour (portrait)
Sheckard (glove)
F. Smith (Chicago & Boston)

H. Smith (Brooklyn)
Stovall (bat)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Tinker (bat on)
Wheat
Wiltse (portrait-cap)

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-01-2022, 05:54 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenJon View Post

Quote:
Jon

Ames (hands over head) is the 75th card on T206Resource's AB 460 checklist.

It is absolute incorrect. I can give you several reasons why I say this, but 2 will do. I had this card listed in one of my early (circa 2008) AB460 threads because it was an input
in Bill Brown's T206 Super Set Xcel work-sheet (circa 2006) by a very dependable fellow.
Then when I came up with my "Mutually-Exclusive" theory regarding the 350/460 series, I realized that this Ames was never printed with an AB 460 back. I contacted the Net54
member who inputted that front/back combo to the Super Set. He checked his vast collection of T206's and admitted he has an Ames/CYCLE 460 which he by mistake inputted
this card as an AB 460.

2nd.....If you check-out T206 Reference Post #945, you will see that Red HINDU cards were printed with SWEET CAP 350-460 Factory #42 cards (AB 460 cards are absolutely
a NO-PRINT with this SC back). And with the exception of the Exclusive 12 subjects, AB 460 and Red HINDU cards are mutually-exclusive.
This Ames has been confirmed with a SWEET CAP 350-460 Factory #42 back. However, this Ames has yet to be confirmed with a Red HINDU back. I completely expect
it will eventually be discovered with a Red HINDU.
I predicted two other cards in recent years would be found with Red HINDU backs (Dougherty and Donlin)....and, they were.

TED Z
Okay let's see if I get banned too for pointing out incorrect information because apparently that's considered "hi-jacking" a thread.

Ted claimed he owned an Ames American Beauty 460 but after finding out it likely doesn't exist he went back and edited all his lists to switch Ames around (he's still doing it 10 years later on some lists) but he couldn't edit this one because it's on the old board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post
Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

There are 103 possible T206's that could have been printed with the American Beauty 460 back. But,
there are always those "nasty" No-Prints that keep you guessing. After 4 years of hunting for AB 460
cards, it appears that 33 Subjects are No-Prints. This of course is subject to revision, if additional AB
460's are found.

So, it's taken me 4 years to acquire 70 cards. It took me only 11 months to put together a 521 card
T206 Piedmont set. So, that gives you an idea how tough these AB 460 cards are.

Since the AB 460 back has a Factory 42 (North Carolina) identification, we can presume these cards
were issued at the very end of the T206 production run (circa 1911). So, I thought it would be cool
to collect this final T206 issue.

[linked image]
[linked image]

[linked image]

Listed here are the 70 cards in my set. The 350/460 Series is first and the 460-only Series follows.....

350/460 Series......30 cards

Ames (hands above head)
Baker
Berger
Bradley (bat)
Burch (fielding)
Cobb (bat off)
Conroy (bat)
Crawford (bat)
Elberfeld (Washington-fielding)
Jennings (one hand)
Jennings (two habds)
Jordan (bat)
Lajoie (bat)
Lake (no ball)
Leach (cap)
Leifield (bat)
Manning (pitching)
McQuillan (bat)
Mullin (bat)
Overall (yellow sky)
Pelty (vertical)
Pfeister (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Steinfeldt (bat)
Tinker (bat off)
Wagner (bat on right)
Willetts
Willis (bat)
Wilhelm (bat)
Wiltse (throwing)

460-only Series......40 cards

Abbaticcio (blue sleeves)
Ball (Cleveland)
Bergen (catching)
Bridwell (cap)
Camnitz (arms at side)
Camnitz (arms up)
Chance (bat)
Chase (Trophy)
Crandall (cap)
Devore
Doyle (portrait)
Duffy
Ford
Frill
Gandil
Geyer
Howell (hands at waist)
Hummell
Lake (with ball)
Latham
Marquard (follow thru)
McGraw (glove at hip)
Meyers
Needham
Oldring (bat)
Overall (blue sky)
Payne
Pfeffer
Schaefer (Washington)
Schulte (back view)
Schlei (bat)
Seymour (portrait)
Sheckard (glove)
F. Smith (Chicago & Boston)
H. Smith (Brooklyn)
Stovall (bat)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Tinker (bat on)
Wheat
Wiltse (portrait w/cap)

I'd very much appreciate any additions to this sub-set....as I said, I am not 100% certain that these
70 cards complete this run. Actually, I would have expected more of them from the 460-only Series.

So, once more I'm asking you T206 collectors to check-out you sets and see if you have any AB 460
cards that are not on my list ?

Thanks,

TED Z

Old 04-01-2022, 07:10 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show us some spiffy cards of your favorite T206 back....AB460 & UZIT are my favorite

Hey Pat

You continue repeating (Folks, this is the 4th time) the same old stuff from o 14 (or more) years ago. What's wrong with you ?

I have explained every time you do this regarding the Ames, Baker, Elberfeld cards on that old list. But, you ignore my explanation.
Otherwise, you would refrain from sounding like a "broken record".

Give us all a break.....will you !

You look foolish, because all you are doing is providing another example of how your "resource buddies" borrowed my old Checklists
and put the data into their resource site. Not only AB 460 list, but SOVEREIGN lists, and PIEDMONT #42 list. Regarding the latter list,
Resource still has three subjects on it that do not exist. And, that is not only my opinion. It is also Adam Goldberg's opinion (who has
put together this run.
Long ago, I have explained why a few subjects on my lists dating back to 2006 - 2008 were incorrect. I subsequently corrected them.

There are some of us on this forum that have requested Resource to correct their mistakes, but none of them have been corrected !

HEY EVERYONE.....here we go again "Mr HIGH-JACKER" is trying to disrupt a meaningful thread of mine.

Just ignore him....and continue posting your favorite cards with you favorite backs.

TED Z
Old 04-01-2022, 08:01 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Love the Red Hindus

Hi Chris....very spiffy.

I love the red HINDU cards, too. This back is 3rd on my list.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 04-01-2022 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added scan.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:42 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Hey Pat

You continue repeating (Folks, this is the 4th time) the same old stuff from o 14 (or more) years ago. What's wrong with you ?

I have explained every time you do this regarding the Ames, Baker, Elberfeld cards on that old list. But, you ignore my explanation.
Otherwise, you would refrain from sounding like a "broken record".

Give us all a break.....will you !

You look foolish, because all you are doing is providing another example of how your "resource buddies" borrowed my old Checklists
and put the data into their resource site. Not only AB 460 list, but SOVEREIGN lists, and PIEDMONT #42 list. Regarding the latter list,
Resource still has three subjects on it that do not exist. And, that is not only my opinion. It is also Adam Goldberg's opinion (who has
put together this run.
Long ago, I have explained why a few subjects on my lists dating back to 2006 - 2008 were incorrect. I subsequently corrected them.

There are some of us on this forum that have requested Resource to correct their mistakes, but none of them have been corrected !

HEY EVERYONE.....here we go again "Mr HIGH-JACKER" is trying to disrupt a meaningful thread of mine.

Just ignore him....and continue posting your favorite cards with you favorite backs.

TED Z

Yeah and for the fourth time Ted it wasn't just on your list you said you had it in your set I don't know how gullible you think everyone is if we're supposed to believe that someone that completes an American Beauty 460 subset and keeps their T206 cards in a binder in alphabetical order by series and back mistakenly thought they owned the first card on the checklist.

and this isn't the first time you claimed you owned a card that didn't exist

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=136566

You even went so far as faking a scan of the card when questioned about owning it.
Then you edited your post and removed the scan but John M had saved the scan you posted. You even used the back of another 649 subject that matched up with the Nicholls front.
NichollsSC649.jpg

Now I may be in the minority here and your friends can defend you but I find it far worse when someone in the hobby intentionally deceives other people in the hobby than I do some scumbag who doesn't pretend to have the best intentions about the hobby in mind when they are trimming cards and faking autographs.

Last edited by Pat R; 04-01-2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:29 PM
Sonny Tutor

My favorite back is Red Cross (although it doesn’t really count in this context). And I only have 2
I think Hindus are pretty cool also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C3FE05BD-E517-4906-A16B-7F193E38BAF2.jpg (142.1 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg 6A4BFEAD-34A7-4395-BEED-F9D0D20D79AB.jpg (144.3 KB, 340 views)
Old 04-01-2022, 02:21 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutor View Post
My favorite back is Red Cross (although it doesn’t really count in this context). And I only have 2
I think Hindus are pretty cool also.
Hi Sonny

I consider RED CROSS (T215-1) cards and the 1910 COUPON cards as T206's.....so your context is valid here.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Ted Zanidakis

OK....let's make this thread a lot more interesting by posting your 6 favorite backs with cards representing them.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 04-02-2022 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added scan.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:12 PM

Sonny, Wow! That Matty Hindu!

Chris, and those Red Hindu's are off the charts.

Here's a few...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UZIT Mullin.jpg (133.2 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg UZIT Mullin B.jpg (49.7 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg Marquard Lenox.jpg (184.5 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg Marquard Lenox B.jpg (190.6 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg Drum.jpg (176.2 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg Drum B.jpg (112.7 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg CB EVERS.jpg (179.8 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg CB EVERS B.jpg (146.5 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg Murphy BL460 1.5.jpg (194.8 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg Murphy BL460 1.5 B.jpg (197.2 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by MVSNYC; 04-01-2022 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:21 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show us some spiffy cards of your top 5 favorite T206 backs

Hi Mike

Nice stuff there, guy.

Thanks for posting them.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-02-2022, 08:04 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:

. .

. . .

TED Z

T206 Reference
It's possible but not likely, from the journal pages we know they started packing T206 subjects in Lenox packs on October 15 1910 and they started packing T206 subjects in Uzit packs on March 18 1911.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Hi Sonny

I consider RED CROSS (T215-1) cards and the 1910 COUPON cards as T206's.....so your context is valid here.

TED Z

T206 Reference
For the record, T215 and T213 are not, and never will be, T206. Just like we don't change the alphabet we don't just change ACC numbers .. That said, if collectors want to call them elephants, or anything else, they can do that too.

Last edited by Leon; 04-02-2022 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I'm just happy if my T206s have backs...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
It's possible but not likely, from the journal pages we know they started packing T206 subjects in Lenox packs on October 15 1910 and they started packing T206 subjects in Uzit packs on March 18 1911.

There were at least 2 print runs of LENOX T206 cards. First in Fall/Winter of 1910. And, subsequently in early 1911 (about the same timeframe as the T80 cards were printed).

T206 UZIT cards were printed circa early 1911....about the same timeframe as the T80 cards. There may have been at least 2 print runs (or possibly 3).

I base this due to the fact that 28 subjects have been confirmed from the 350/460 Series (a completed print run). And, 30 (of 46) subjects have been confirmed from 460-only
Series.
Furthermore, I have a suspicion that there was a possible 3rd print run, because of the sheer scarcity of the Exclusive 12 subjects with the UZIT back (relative to the other 34
subjects in the 460-only Series).

For example......my McGraw / UZIT card is unique. From this group of Exclusive 12 guys, only 5 (of the 12) have been confirmed with UZIT back. And, only 1 or 2 copies each.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-02-2022, 11:41 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
There were at least 2 print runs of LENOX T206 cards. First in Fall/Winter of 1910. And, subsequently in early 1911 (about the same timeframe as the T80 cards were printed).

T206 UZIT cards were printed circa early 1911....about the same timeframe as the T80 cards. There may have been at least 2 print runs (or possibly 3).

I base this due to the fact that 28 subjects have been confirmed from the 350/460 Series (a completed print run). And, 30 (of 46) subjects have been confirmed from 460-only
Series.
Furthermore, I have a suspicion that there was a possible 3rd print run, because of the sheer scarcity of the Exclusive 12 subjects with the UZIT back (relative to the other 34

For example......my McGraw / UZIT card is unique. From this group of Exclusive 12 guys, only 5 (of the 12) have been confirmed with UZIT back. And, only 1 or 2 copies each.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Yes I agree that there was more than one printing of the Lenox cards since they include two different print groups (three if you count the super prints) and I did say it's possible that the 460 only Lenox subjects were printed in the same timeframe as the Uzits but with the 5 month gap in the print group 3 (350-460) distribution of the Lenox and Uzits I think it's unlikely.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:48 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hey guys,

Now imagine this...... opening a LENOX (or UZIT) cigarette pack in the Spring of 1911 and finding a T206 card and a T80 card in it.... WOW ! !
An ALC ledger sheet (dated Feb 1911) exists instructing ATC employees at Factory #30 to insert both a T206 and a T80 in a LENOX (or UZIT)
cigarette pack.

At the beginning of 1911, American Litho (ALC) launched their Gold-Border series of cards. The T80 cards depicting worldwide Military subjects were one of their 1st issues.
The artwork of the T80's is very distinctive, and their gold borders are quite ornate. ALC concluded their T206 production in the Spring of 1911 with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460
and UZIT cards. The AB 460 and UZIT cards were printed in the same timeframe. Also, the last print run of LENOX cards was (more or less) within that same timeframe.

T80 cards

T80 cards were also printed with OLD MILL backs, which are extremely rare.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-03-2022, 05:57 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:

Series.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Again Ted I'm not saying there wasn't multiple print runs for the Uzit backs but the numbers don't back up this claim of yours.

Of the 30 confirmed 460 only Uzit cards over a third have a combined pop of 0 or 1 and 20 have 3 or fewer. Here are the combined PSA/SGC pop numbers with the confirmed exclusive 12 singled out

5 confirmed cards have 0 in the pop reports
9 confirmed cards have 1 in the pop reports Hummel, Sheckard, McGraw
3 confirmed cards have 2 in the pop reports
3 confirmed cards have 3 in the pop reports Crandall
0 confirmed cards have 4 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 5 in the pop reports Geyer
3 confirmed cards have 6 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 7 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 8 in the pop reports
0 confirmed cards have 9 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 10 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 11 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 12 in the pop reports
1 confirmed card has 12 in the pop reports

16 unconfirmed 460 only uzits Devore, Duffy, Ford, Gandil, Pfeffer, Tannehill, Wheat

all of this looks like a typical scarce back pop report to me and nothing stands out about the exclusive 12

Last edited by Pat R; 04-03-2022 at 06:23 AM. Reason: corrected numbers
Old 04-03-2022, 06:56 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Tell me where you are getting your numbers from regarding the 5 - Exclusive 12 cards ?

My McGraw / UZIT is the only one reported in the SGC pop report data.

And, the PSA pop report data has NONE.

Furthermore, I have been working on runs of the Exclusive 12 subjects. My McGraw is complete (13 cards), Ford is 12 cards (missing the UZIT), and the remaining 10 subjects
are a constant work in progress. Unless you have done (or doing) this empirically, you will not appreciate the difficulty that it presents.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 04-03-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Added information.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:15 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Tell me where you are getting your numbers from regarding the 5 - Exclusive 12 cards ?

My McGraw / UZIT is the only one reported in the SGC pop report data.

And, the PSA pop report data has NONE.

Furthermore, I have been working on runs of the Exclusive 12 subjects. My McGraw is complete (13 cards), Ford is 12 cards (missing the UZIT), and the remaining 10 subjects
are a constant work in progress. Unless you have done (or doing) this empirically, you will not appreciate the difficulty that it presents.

TED Z

T206 Reference
I'm not sure what you're questioning Ted but here are the pop reports on the exclusive 12 that are confirmed with Uzit

Crandall PSA 1 SGC 2
Geyer PSA 3 SGC 2
Hummel PSA 1 SGC 0
McGraw PSA 0 SGC 1
Sheckard PSA 0 SGC 1

I didn't claim that the exclusive 12 Uzit's weren't difficult but many of the 460 only subjects are just as difficult to find with an Uzit back.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
I'm not sure what you're questioning Ted but here are the pop reports on the exclusive 12 that are confirmed with Uzit

Crandall PSA 1 SGC 2
Geyer PSA 3 SGC 2
Hummel PSA 1 SGC 0
McGraw PSA 0 SGC 1
Sheckard PSA 0 SGC 1

I didn't claim that the exclusive 12 Uzit's weren't difficult but many of the 460 only subjects are just as difficult to find with an Uzit back.

Your original pop report numbers in Post #25 regarding Crandall, Geyer, Hummel, McGraw, and Sheckard were incorrect.

For example......you posted McGraw's UZIT pop report being 3. NOT SO !

Anyhow, I see you edited them, and corrected them to the actual numbers.

Very good.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-03-2022, 10:22 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Your original pop report numbers in Post #25 regarding Crandall, Geyer, Hummel, McGraw, and Sheckard were incorrect.

For example......you posted McGraw's UZIT pop report being 3. NOT SO !

Anyhow, I see you edited them, and corrected them to the actual numbers.

Very good.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Ted the time I edited the post is right there to read it was 23 minutes before you made your post, the only thing I changed was McGraw I had him in the Pop 2 column because I made a mistake I didn't have him in the pop 3 column as you claim and I didn't change Crandall, Geyer, Hummel or Sheckard they were all correct in my original post.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:43 PM

Here are my top six T206 backs, with Hall of Fame examples of each:

Piedmont 150
Piedmont 350
Piedmont 350/460 f25
Sweet Caporal 150 f30
Sweet Caporal 350 f30
Sweet Caporal 350/460 f30

These must be my favorites, as I have more screwed up cards with these backs compared to screwed up cards with other backs.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t206hofbackswillisSC150f30.jpg (195.8 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg t206hofbacksbacks 001.jpg (199.9 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg t206hofbacks 001.jpg (175.2 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg t206hofbacksSC.jpg (142.0 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg t206hofbacksSC150f30backs.jpg (164.0 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg t206hofbacksSCbacks.jpg (155.4 KB, 216 views)
Old 04-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

The CAROLINA BRIGHTS back is my 7th favorite T206 back. The stylistic design of the CAROLINA BRIGHTS back is one of the best of the T206 brands.
American Lithographic printed these backs in 1910, during their 350-only series press runs.
Here is a sampling of CAROLINA BRIGHTS cards in my collection. I don't have Otis Clymer any more. I traded him to Brian Weisner years ago. Brian W
is our resident expert on CAROLINA BRIGHTS cards.

So, how about "lighting-up" this page with your CAROLINA BRIGHTS

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-04-2022, 05:28 PM

Hi Ted,

I hope you are well. Here are the two "best" backs left in my collection. Unfortunately for my heirs I sold all of my super nice ABs, CBs, Cycles, Hindus and other BLs shortly before the T206 market went vertical.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206 Burchell PSA 5 Front (Broad Leaf).jpg (205.0 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Burchell PSA 5 Back (Broad Leaf).jpg (205.1 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Lajoie With Bat PSA 5.jpg (195.1 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Lajoie With Bat PSA 5 Back.jpg (192.8 KB, 163 views)
Old 04-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Just a friendly bump......to say my 8th favorite T206 back is OLD MILL. And, here are my 3 favorite OLD MILL cards in my collection.

This blue portrait Chase is my very first T206 card which I acquired in March 1981 at the famous Willow Grove (Pennsylvania) Show.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

I also like em blank

Old 04-04-2022, 09:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
I also like em blank

Hey Chris

I do, too.....but have very few.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 04-08-2022, 04:01 PM
N.ate A.dams

Adult Card Entertainment. Should start labeling these threads XXX. Here are a few of my favorites with some tough combos!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SchulteFrontViewSov1.jpg (187.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg SchulteFrontViewSov2.jpg (152.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg SchulteBackView13.jpg (8.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg SchulteBackView14.jpg (10.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg ReulbachNoGlove13.jpg (148.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg ReulbachNoGlove14.jpg (134.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg PfeisterThrowing11.jpg (9.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg PfeisterThrowing12.jpg (12.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Hofman13.jpg (112.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Hofman14.jpg (93.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Hofman07.jpg (119.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Hofman08.jpg (118.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Pfeffer07.jpg (181.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Pfeffer08.jpg (139.3 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg SteinfeldtPortrait05.jpg (117.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg SteinfeldtPortrait06.jpg (124.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg TinkerPortrait07.jpg (108.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg TinkerPortrait08.jpg (97.9 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by npa589; 04-08-2022 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

My paltry addition to the thread…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A146BB03-F0D2-4BA3-8E59-5F50729C3CE4.jpg (116.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg A44AB3DD-515F-46D1-BAFD-169C58EF311D.jpg (131.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 19290C88-9C00-444C-A951-99C406FD4CF5.jpg (113.2 KB, 82 views)
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s
Old 04-08-2022, 05:26 PM

Nice cards, guys.

Ted/Chris, here's another Blank/Proof...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mitchell Proof.jpg (197.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Mitchell Proof B.jpg (200.9 KB, 75 views)