NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1920 to 1949 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Default Sold: 1947 Van Patrick Cleveland Indians postcards

All are sold. Thanks.

The first team-issued Indians postcards, these could be obtained by writing to Cleveland radio personality Van Patrick. Postcard and Indians collectors know what a tough issue these are. Beautiful condition. From a collection that's new to the hobby.

(Sorry for the inconsistent sizes of the scans; I still get tripped up by my new scanner and version of PhotoShop that I'm using. If you need scans of individual cards, let me know.)

Don Black
Joe Gordon
Bob Lemon
Dale Mitchell
Jim Hegan
Ken Keltner

Check or money order preferred; PayPal OK. All prices delivered within United States.

Thanks, Rob

wolfie51sb at aol.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-fronts.jpg (81.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 4backs.jpg (63.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 2frontss.jpg (76.3 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 2backs.jpg (69.2 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by Rob D.; 03-10-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Phil Garry

Rob:

PM sent on Lemon

Thanks,

Phil
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Rob:

PM sent on Lemon

Thanks,

Phil
WOW!!! VERY NICE! Phil, did you get the Lemon PC?

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Damn...Awesome scoop if you got it Phil
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Phil Garry

NO
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Banned

Just so there is no confusion: Phil made an offer on the Lemon, and I countered. While I was waiting for his answer, someone else committed to buy all of the cards.

On a related matter, if any of you are interested in a different Lemon (this one is from my collection of doubles and isn't as nice as the one listed), I have one available. I offered it to Phil for less than what he offered on the one listed here, and he passed. (Update: The second Lemon is sold.)

I have the feeling from Phil's brief PM to me and response here that he feels he was somehow wronged (I hope I am incorrect). Hence the reason for this explanation of what happened.

Last edited by Rob D.; 03-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Phil Garry

Rob:

Since you went out of your way to provide an explanation to the board when none was asked for, I think that it is common courtesy when negotiating a transaction, especially one that would be closed in a matter of minutes not hours or days, by giving the interested party a chance to respond to YOUR counteroffer and, in the meantime, tell any other interested parties that you have a pending transaction and will get back to them shortly.

I don't think that is asking too much and it would have been how I would have handled the situation from the other side as a seller.

Don't worry, you won't have to deal with me as a potential buyer again.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 03-11-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Rob:

Since you went out of your way to provide an explanation to the board when none was asked for, I think that it is common courtesy when negotiating a transaction, especially one that would be closed in a matter of minutes not hours or days, by giving the interested party a chance to respond to YOUR counteroffer and, in the meantime, tell any other interested parties that you have a pending transaction and will get back to them shortly.

I don't think that is asking too much and it would have been how I would have handled the situation from the other side as a seller.

Don't worry, you won't have to deal with me as a potential buyer again.
Phil,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. You and I will have to agree to disagree on this. I'm of the belief that a commitment to buy takes precedence over an ongoing negotiation. You feel that you knew that our negotiation would have wrapped up quickly. As a seller, I can attest to the fact that I've had counteroffers go unanswered for days and sometimes never receive responses. A seller has no way of knowing how quickly a prospective buyer will reply.

You make a good point, and in future B/S/T listings to avoid confusion and hurt feelings, I will specifically say that a commitment to purchase takes precedence over an ongoing negotiation. I shouldn't have assumed a prospective buyer would feel that way.

As for your decision on us not doing future transactions, I have no control over that and wish you well in all of your collecting endeavors. I'm sure another Van Patrick Bob Lemon postcard will turn up at a price with which you are comfortable.

Rob

(In fairness to other sellers in this category, this will be my last post on this matter so as to avoid unnecessary bumps.)

Last edited by Rob D.; 03-11-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:37 PM
qu@n nguy3n

as a seller AND buyer, if i'm in negotiation and someone else is willing to pay full price...then i consider that offer takes precedence. why would anybody refuse more money?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:51 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default van patricks

thanks for the van patricks...good start to a set
if anyone else has any ...im a buyer