NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Joe Drelich

Default CSA Shows The Chantilly Show July 15-17th. Net54 Members FREE admission 300 tables!

Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show on July 15-17th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 19th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition at the end of 2015,bringing the showroom floor to over 100,000 square feet of sports card heaven. We have dealers from 19 different states exhibiting on over 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. As well as 68 autograph guests, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply show
this email, and as a Net54 member you will get in for FREE!Also new Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.

$1,000 given away ! We are giving away $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars 5 times
on Saturday and 5 times on Sunday. No strings attached, just free money
to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as
an 8 card Super Star/Hall Of Fame cards packs being handed out to the first 1,000 people on Saturday and Sunday.Free Card binder and pages to the
first 20 kids 12 or under on Saturday and Sunday.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com
Old 06-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Jason Wells

I cant wait Joe its a good show and a perfect warmup for the National. My son and I will be there on Friday.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:49 PM

Default Should be a great time

Any great golf courses in the area? Would like to play Friday or Saturday morning.

Last edited by bigfish; 06-29-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Larrie Dean

Default A Net54 member/dealer at Chantilly

We will be at the July Chantilly Show! We have been present at the Chantilly Shows for 15 years! There is always a great selection of Vintage cards. Stop by our tables across from the back wall and mention this posting and receive a 10% discount. For this show only there will be a 20% discount on all our Goudey cards! We have tables 623, 625 and 627.

See you there!
Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards (NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087

Last edited by larrie804; 07-07-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie804 View Post
Dean's House of Cards (NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087
LOL, that's good otherwise 20% off only gets you to 150% of other dealer's prices.

Talking with Joe now, but it looks like I'll be doing Chantilly for the first time will update with location when I know. Then you can all see how small potatoes I am!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 06-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Larrie Dean

Default The July Chantilly Show

Scott

You are confusing Dean's House of Cards, my business, with Dean's Cards. Sixty-five per cent of my cards are sold to dealers and dealers would not be buying from us if ours were all overpriced.

Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards
Old 07-17-2016, 03:17 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post

$1,000 given away ! We are giving away $100 in CSA Dealer Dollars 5 times
on Saturday and 5 times on Sunday. No strings attached, just free money
to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well as
an 8 card Super Star/Hall Of Fame cards packs being handed out to the first 1,000 people on Saturday and Sunday.Free Card binder and pages to the
first 20 kids 12 or under on Saturday and Sunday.

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com
Joe,

Today, I was at the show for close to three hours and I did not hear one door prize offered. Perhaps, the $500 worth of dealer dollars were given away before noon. I don't know why that would be the case since door prize slips were still being handed out upon entry. Perhaps the door prizes were announced after I left, but with dealers starting to pack out, places to spend the dealer dollars would have been limited.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:35 PM

I was there on Friday for the entire time. The line to pay to get in was very long and it took an excessive amount of time, even to show them the Net54 coupon. This was the first time that the show wasn't free admission and that was a big surprise to most of the people in line. They need to improve that aspect of things.

The show itself had fewer dealers for this show than the other Chantilly shows over the last few years. So, that was a disappointment. I don't know if that is because it is so close in time to the National or that's the way the show is heading. I saw some dealers that didn't seem to have anyone at their tables each time I made my rounds by them. I can't figure out how the hell they aren't losing a lot of money doing this show. Plus their personalities suck as they don't even say hello at all.

The free Redskins autographs (Darryl Grant & Brian Mitchell) for the first 100 people in line were nice, but why not free regardless of when you got in line. I think they should have scheduled autograph guests on Friday as there are on Saturday & Sunday. I think that would be nice.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:14 PM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
The show itself had fewer dealers for this show than the other Chantilly shows over the last few years. So, that was a disappointment. I don't know if that is because it is so close in time to the National or that's the way the show is heading. I saw some dealers that didn't seem to have anyone at their tables each time I made my rounds by them. I can't figure out how the hell they aren't losing a lot of money doing this show. Plus their personalities suck as they don't even say hello at all.

I thought the amount of dealers was smaller in number as well, but a dealer informed me that it was the same amount of dealers. The dealer numbers are clearly down from 3-5 years ago. As one previous poster said, Chantilly is more of an autograph show. I know some dealers don't set up at Chantilly for that very reason. Yes, some dealers are far more friendly than others. Perhaps the heat outside just made for a very long weekend and the dealers were wore out.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Scott Russell

Well my neighbor and I were both new to the show so there was new dealers/material. He had a LOT of prewar, mainly t206, but also a lot of P2's (31 more than when he arrived thanks to me) and a smattering of other prewar stuff. I had a ton of t205's sold over half of them and then general pre-war through 1959 with me.

I had a great show, but I sold largely to dealers, so if I had needed to rely on the general public it would've been a rough show. Picked up a gorgeous Fatima Phil. A's only graded a 2, but eye-appeal for days, there is one light crack running vertically through the card that you don't even see on first glance. Also picked up some more t205's including a couple cycle backs. And then picked up a 1947 Brooklyn Dodgers photo pack in the original envelope. I was stoked as I had the set already but no envelope!

I am always surprised by how much shiny crap there is even at big shows, but obviously someone must be buying it. My table was often empty so if you timed it right you would have thought I had a terrible show. Instead it was my best show ever.

Couple thoughts for Joe. One has been mentioned, PLEASE have maps available even if it's just for people who ask. Also as a new dealer you made sure to mention Sunday Breakfast when I signed up, but I had no information on how to go about GETTING said breakfast, so I missed out. I had assumed it would be at the show, I found out it was off site after the fact. I am so bummed I have a commitment on October 15th and can't do the next one.

See you all at the East Coast National in White Plains in late August!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 07-17-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Val Kehl

Scott, are you saying that you won't be set up at the National in AC? That is where I know that I will find the GOOD PRE-WAR CARDS that interest me!!
Val