NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-26-2023, 01:44 PM
kirk welch

Default ebay and psa dna a match made in heaven

ok so as most people know on ebay now when you sell a trading card over like 300.00 it goes for verification , if its real.... good idea ...kinda , sold this 1953 doby bowman , signed psa dna , in a holder psa dna card graded , auto graded slabbed , in a semi new holder nothing unusual about the holder, i get a notice it failed , i get a strike on my account for selling fake items a stern warning i will be removed if i continue to do this and if i relist , this card went direct to psa to be inspected... they failed it . classic you call ebay and guess what they have offshored trust and safety to mexico. imagine that phone conversation. they said the inspection part was left blank why it failed , but i get this with card back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231226_140813.jpg (194.3 KB, 386 views)
Old 12-26-2023, 01:49 PM
kirk welch

nice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231226_144600.jpg (145.2 KB, 387 views)
Old 12-26-2023, 01:53 PM
kirk welch

https://www.psacard.com/cert/26929912
Old 12-26-2023, 04:42 PM

This makes no sense to me. PSA slabbed this item, and now PSA is saying the label and/or slab is not authentic??? The PSA database verifies authenticity, doesn't it? What a confusing mess this is. I think eBay owes you an apology, Kirk.
Old 12-26-2023, 08:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha-rock View Post
This makes no sense to me. PSA slabbed this item, and now PSA is saying the label and/or slab is not authentic??? The PSA database verifies authenticity, doesn't it? What a confusing mess this is. I think eBay owes you an apology, Kirk.
I would think there has to be something that made PSA reject a PSA slab. I hate on them more than most and this being a mistake would be a new low for them and that is saying a lot.
Old 12-26-2023, 09:21 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Kirk, don’t fight the power. Just bend the knee. I think you owe PSA an apology. Hahahaha
Old 12-27-2023, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khw View Post
ok so as most people know on ebay now when you sell a trading card over like 300.00 it goes for verification , if its real.... good idea ...kinda , sold this 1953 doby bowman , signed psa dna , in a holder psa dna card graded , auto graded slabbed , in a semi new holder nothing unusual about the holder, i get a notice it failed , i get a strike on my account for selling fake items a stern warning i will be removed if i continue to do this and if i relist , this card went direct to psa to be inspected... they failed it . classic you call ebay and guess what they have offshored trust and safety to mexico. imagine that phone conversation. they said the inspection part was left blank why it failed , but i get this with card back
Is it the PSA hologram in the front label? Is that what they rejected?
Old 12-27-2023, 04:52 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

The PSA on the flip appears to be printed in black and white. I have never seen a label that the PSA was not printed in color.

Certainly the card looks to be the one they authenticated and maybe something happened on the printing of the label that caused the PSA to not print in color but that is something I have never seen if indeed it is black and white as it appears.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:29 AM
Matt

If submitted raw today, PSA would not grade that card a 4....probably a 3 or 2.5 with those corners and centering. The auto grade of 9 is correct. Other than that, it's a legit card, autograph, flip, and holder. Very frustrating.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:44 AM
kirk welch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
The PSA on the flip appears to be printed in black and white. I have never seen a label that the PSA was not printed in color.

Certainly the card looks to be the one they authenticated and maybe something happened on the printing of the label that caused the PSA to not print in color but that is something I have never seen if indeed it is black and white as it appears.
just the way the scan shows it was a legit silver holo
Old 12-27-2023, 04:17 PM
Jeremy K

Default I know it sounds strange...

But it is likely that you had something incorrectly listed in the "About this item" section. Did you create the listing entirely yourself or did you use a "sell one like this" template from another seller's listing. Either way, you have make sure every data point is correct or the card (which is clearly real) will still fail to pass eBay authentication. I would look through the particulars of the listing. It is likely that something, even seemingly irrelevant, is incorrectly noted.
Old 12-27-2023, 04:40 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
just the way the scan shows it was a legit silver holo
I found your original listing on Ebay and the picture you uploaded has NO PSA hologram on the label.

The picture you show here clearly has a PSA that looks to be in black and white in the center of the label. I know you said it was the silver one but based on your original picture on Ebay this label had to be an old one before they started adding that to the label.

Look back at your listing and you will see that the label you picture here in the slab is not the same as the one on your listing.
Old 12-27-2023, 04:59 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
I found your original listing on Ebay and the picture you uploaded has NO PSA hologram on the label.

The picture you show here clearly has a PSA that looks to be in black and white in the center of the label. I know you said it was the silver one but based on your original picture on Ebay this label had to be an old one before they started adding that to the label.

Look back at your listing and you will see that the label you picture here in the slab is not the same as the one on your listing.
Upon a second look with an enlarged picture of your Ebay listing, there appears to be a faint label that you cannot read at all. Does not look anything like the one you show with the failure letter. They may well have compared the actual item in hand to the picture of the item and surmised that it was not a match and rejected it for that reason.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:02 PM
Ben North

Quote:

That PSA logo will change colors and/or barely show up in pics/scans in my experience. They look like the exact same Label to me so I can't imagine that being the problem.

If it was mine I would send it to PSA in a submission and have it looked at or even put into a new slab to get the newest Lighthouse PSA Logo. That should clear up any problems.

Last edited by bnorth; 12-27-2023 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:00 PM
kirk welch

its the same the reflective hologram just scans different from angles they had the card in hand , well at least they were supposed to , unless they just cut corners and looked at the scan and failed it which is possible , in you hand there is no way possible you could say anything was wrong with this and there isnt anybody that has handled as many psa and psa dna slabs as i have . i know psa holders . and forget the fact the card is dead on , the buyer thought they are a joke and has already repaid and i mailed to him , but point made i bet they just looked at auction scan and failed it which shows what a joke they have become by grading or authenticating off the scan , whats the reason to waste all the time mailing to psa to have some "expert " examine it when they just looked at a scan , holder could have been tampered with and you couldnt even tell from a scan, this one was not plain and simple
Old 12-27-2023, 06:48 PM
kirk welch

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...?itemid=162298

here is the lot it came from with hologram
Old 12-27-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
its the same the reflective hologram just scans different from angles they had the card in hand , well at least they were supposed to , unless they just cut corners and looked at the scan and failed it which is possible , in you hand there is no way possible you could say anything was wrong with this and there isnt anybody that has handled as many psa and psa dna slabs as i have . i know psa holders . and forget the fact the card is dead on , the buyer thought they are a joke and has already repaid and i mailed to him , but point made i bet they just looked at auction scan and failed it which shows what a joke they have become by grading or authenticating off the scan , whats the reason to waste all the time mailing to psa to have some "expert " examine it when they just looked at a scan , holder could have been tampered with and you couldnt even tell from a scan, this one was not plain and simple
So, the PSA hologram on your slab label looks exactly like this one below, if scanned from a different angle?

Old 12-27-2023, 11:26 PM
kirk welch

very close they have changed so many times , if you look at the auction lot a few were about the same came from same submission , the rizzuto was that era and a few certs off, i have it listed now and the hologram can hardly be seen in the scan , neither could the musial i sold today , the point now is psa who auth for ebay is supposed to look in hand at these cards to verify there is no way they looked at this card , the hologram is 100% fine , they looked at listing scan and failed it , i have talked with guys at psa , nothing back yet . its life at the new psa and new ebay , straight with ebay sending the trust and safety to mexico and having to try and explain this to them
Old 01-02-2024, 06:15 AM
Ben Moss

Default Ebay's Opinion

I bought a couple of cards that were autographed on Ebay. They were higher end. They weren't authenticated yet. They looked spot on. They were sent to EBay "Authentication" and they didn't pass them. I was shocked. I told the seller I'm sending them in to PSA anyway. They passed PSA. I don't think they look at the autographs at all. From what I understand, they just are authenticating the card and not the autograph. I had a Jordan autograph from eBay that passed their ebay "Authentication." I was trying to resell it and someone messaged me saying they just authenticate the card, not the autograph. I quickly took it off eBay and returned the card.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:59 AM

For autograph dealers, this program is especially needless and infuriating. Best to circumvent the BS by putting the word "Set" into the title of each listing. I refuse to participate in this nonsense. Funny, I haven't had a single customer complaint about it, either.

Whenever the time comes that eBay truly forces their hand about this, I'll be taking my listings elsewhere. They need to smarten up and realize that most autograph collectors have zero need for this program and that it should only be applicable to unsigned cards. While they apparently do understand this, they needlessly complicate matters by forcing sellers of signed cards to list in the "Trading Card Singles" section as opposed to creating something similar in the autograph section. This is actually how it was before, and it worked just fine. eBay: Building a Worse Mousetrap.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 01-02-2024 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:25 PM
Dave

So it failed because it didn't resemble the most recent incarnation of the PSA/DNA holder?

Pay for reholder, rinse, repeat...until the end of time.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:23 PM
kirk welch

i got a guy yesterday who bought a slabbed 3x5 wants to return because he collects the blue labels , never mind they use red ones now , ebay and psa dna are indeed a match made in heaven , i guess i am active participant but its what these people want , new ways to be parted of their money i am exploring new means of authentication , am happy with jsa , always . just no slabs , warming up to beckett
Old 01-02-2024, 10:47 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Biggest problem is people want the PSA slab and are willing to pay more for it. Your complaints are valid, but if you want to make more money, stay with PSA. Just have to be willing to play the game. Frustrating as hell though.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy56 View Post
I bought a couple of cards that were autographed on Ebay. They were higher end. They weren't authenticated yet. They looked spot on. They were sent to EBay "Authentication" and they didn't pass them. I was shocked. I told the seller I'm sending them in to PSA anyway. They passed PSA. I don't think they look at the autographs at all. From what I understand, they just are authenticating the card and not the autograph. I had a Jordan autograph from eBay that passed their ebay "Authentication." I was trying to resell it and someone messaged me saying they just authenticate the card, not the autograph. I quickly took it off eBay and returned the card.
You could have sent the Jordan auto to PSA/DNA to see if it authenticates.
Old 01-03-2024, 11:36 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

It's a sad statement about the hobby when people care more about the slab it's in than the card or autograph itself.