NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-29-2021, 08:28 PM
Dan Bl@u

Default Looking for HOF Plaques text

Is anyone aware of a website that has the text of all HOF plaques? I can find pictures of the plaques themselves, so I can see what is written, but I'm trying to find somewhere where I can copy-and-paste the text into a different document. Haven't been able to find this anywhere so far.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2021, 11:39 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Is anyone aware of a website that has the text of all HOF plaques? I can find pictures of the plaques themselves, so I can see what is written, but I'm trying to find somewhere where I can copy-and-paste the text into a different document. Haven't been able to find this anywhere so far.

Thanks!
Dan,

I've poked around a bit and can't find a site that has them either. There are a couple related to specific players (like Jeter) who have the text of the plaque written out, but didn't find anything with all the players. Depending on what you want to do, you have a couple options.

You might want to reach out to the HOF as they might have the text versions 'stored' somewhere that they could give you access to, assuring them that you will give proper credit.

Another option might be to use OCR on the plaque pictures. There are some freeware software out there (some better than others). Not sure of comparative quality, but MicroSoft OneNote has a built in OCR ability where you can just copy the picture of the plaque from a website and use the "Copy text from picture" function to grab the text into the clipboard and paste it wherever you want. Quality of the picture will determine how much additional effort is required. Also depends on how many of these you want to do to make it more effort than its worth.

Good luck.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:11 PM
Dan Bl@u

Thanks Taylor, good info. I only need to copy about 25, so I may just do it by sight, but OCR would certainly be helpful if I decide to grab all of them.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:09 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Dan - I have a collection of HOF Plaque Postcards through 1999 and a Metalic set through 1989...of course all those would contain what you're looking for.

In one locale though? Perhaps someone has uploaded scans to google...

This website shows a few:

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/baseba...laques-photos/

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 12-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Lüc@s Dëwėãšę

There is quite a funny way to access every Hall of famer plaque. The hall of fame actually has every hofers plaque post card for sale on their site.

https://shop.baseballhall.org/shop-b...er/?_bc_fsnf=1

Just go to player and click view more. And its in alphabetical order by last name.

My Baseball Snapshot Photo collection- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/snapshotcollection

Original Type 1/Press photos etc for sale- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/photosforsale

Last edited by Lucas00; 12-01-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:13 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
There is quite a funny way to access every Hall of famer plaque. The hall of fame actually has every hofers plaque post card for sale on their site.

https://shop.baseballhall.org/shop-b...er/?_bc_fsnf=1

Just go to player and click view more. And its in alphabetical order by last name.
Yep- I purchased mine when I attended Induction Weekend in '99.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente