NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Speaking of playoff hero Tito Landrum....Here is a dual signed UPI Press Photo of Tito "high fiving" Cal Ripken Jr. after smacking that 10th Inning HR off Chicago's Britt Burns in the '83 ALCS clinching game:

Old 01-09-2020, 01:59 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 9 (January 9, 2020 – 009)

Always like any type of proof stuff whether it’s a match print photo, progressive proof, blank back (maybe not considered a proof, but not a completed card), printing plate, etc. Today I have pictured a 1966 Bazooka transparency, with Robinson, Wynn and Torre.

Day 9 a.jpg

Another proof, this time cardboard, below of the same panel to go along with the transparency:

Day 9 b.jpg

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-09-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:01 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Speaking of playoff hero Tito Landrum....Here is a dual signed UPI Press Photo of Tito "high fiving" Cal Ripken Jr. after smacking that 10th Inning HR off Chicago's Britt Burns in the '83 ALCS clinching game:

Nice!!
Old 01-09-2020, 07:38 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Mark:

Where did you get those proofs?.....Topps Vault on eBay?

One last Chuck Thompson item from me...A few years ago I saw on Craigslist that someone was selling one of those Esskay Hot Dog Vendor boxes from Memorial Stadium (which, strangely I always wanted).

Anyways, I called the seller to reserve it and when I went down to pick it up and pay for it, I asked the guy where in the world did he get it from. He told me his grandfather (of all people) was Chuck Thompson and it was given to Chuck when they closed down Memorial Stadium & that he was now in the process of moving to NC and just getting rid of some things....I did ask him if he had other things related to his grandfather that he would consider selling, but he said this was it...

Last edited by roarfrom34; 01-09-2020 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:31 AM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

Here is the tough 1976 English's Chicken lid of Brooks Robinson. Brooks was part of the group of 10 small lids issued. There were also three larger lids which included Jim Palmer, Ken Holtzman and Mike Cuellar. The larger lids aren't too hard to find and show up much more often than the smaller lids. In my opinion, Brooks is one of the tougher small lids to find.

1976 Englsh Lids (SmallBrooks Robinson).JPG

For additional info, here's a link to Bob Lemke's blog on the set.

http://boblemke.blogspot.com/2015/02...checklist.html
Old 01-09-2020, 01:07 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Here is the tough 1976 English's Chicken lid of Brooks Robinson. Brooks was part of the group of 10 small lids issued. There were also three larger lids which included Jim Palmer, Ken Holtzman and Mike Cuellar. The larger lids aren't too hard to find and show up much more often than the smaller lids. In my opinion, Brooks is one of the tougher small lids to find.

Attachment 380356

For additional info, here's a link to Bob Lemke's blog on the set.

http://boblemke.blogspot.com/2015/02...checklist.html
Good info on the 1976 English's Chicken Lid set...if anybody has any for sale or trade let me know...to complete the set I need 5 of the smaller ones(Blair, Duncan, Hendricks, Robinson, Singleton) and have dupes of the 3 larger ones (Cuellar, Holtzman, Palmer)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2020, 01:36 PM
Alan Strout

Default English Lids

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
Good info on the 1976 English's Chicken Lid set...if anybody has any for sale or trade let me know...to complete the set I need 5 of the smaller ones(Blair, Duncan, Hendricks, Robinson, Singleton) and have dupes of the 3 larger ones (Cuellar, Holtzman, Palmer)

I know I have some duplicates at home. I'm a snowbird from Maine in Florida until the end of April. I know I don't have an extra Robinson, not sure about Singleton, but fairly sure I have Blair, Duncan and Hendricks. If you still need them in May, send me a message and I can help you out. It's not an easy set to complete.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:45 PM
John

Quote:
I know I have some duplicates at home. I'm a snowbird from Maine in Florida until the end of April. I know I don't have an extra Robinson, not sure about Singleton, but fairly sure I have Blair, Duncan and Hendricks. If you still need them in May, send me a message and I can help you out. It's not an easy set to complete.
Thanks for the response...I will be in touch

Old 01-09-2020, 03:24 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:

Attachment 380356
Alan,

You know the English lid has been on my want list “forever”. I just can’t seem to find that thing. I know Scott (quitcrab) has one as well. Maybe I’ll locate one one day, but just haven’t been successful. Of course I’ve seen pictures of yours before, but I appreciate you posting your great looking lid.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-09-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:14 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Mark:

Where did you get those proofs?.....Topps Vault on eBay?

One last Chuck Thompson item from me...A few years ago I saw on Craigslist that someone was selling one of those Esskay Hot Dog Vendor boxes from Memorial Stadium (which, strangely I always wanted).

Anyways, I called the seller to reserve it and when I went down to pick it up and pay for it, I asked the guy where in the world did he get it from. He told me his grandfather (of all people) was Chuck Thompson and it was given to Chuck when they closed down Memorial Stadium & that he was now in the process of moving to NC and just getting rid of some things....I did ask him if he had other things related to his grandfather that he would consider selling, but he said this was it...
Bill,

I have a few proofs and most I've had for a while now. A Brooks collector back in the day Mike (Gmrson) had quite an extensive collection of items. He ultimately was downsizing his Brooksie stuff and I was able to pick up a few proof items as well as some general type items for my collection. He was very helpful and extended more than fair prices; just a great guy. I just wish I had the opportunity to get into contact with him sooner since he already sold extremely rare items prior to me even knowing about his collection.

I have also picked up a few proofs from Scott (quitcrab) which also collects Brooks and a bunch of other cool stuff. He's always been very helpful and just an encouraging type guy.

The Topps Vault I have picked up a few things, but not very many. I'll likely show them sometime in this thread and they have their seal they put on the items along with a hologram sticker.

By the way, that vendor box is the type of item that's exciting to me...