NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: joe brennan

Interesting people find their way to Leon's little corner. After awhile they wander off to another place that suits them better. Adam M, Peter C. and soon Marshall will find a place on this WWW that they call home. For a few brief moments we listen and shake our heads and then head back to our boring little hobby that we so enjoy.
I am sad that Joann had to be in the middle of this episode and I'm sure she knows that the majority of gentlemen (and I stress the word gentlemen) respect her and her knowledge.
Shortly we will be a peaceful place again. Just wish a few more would join Marshall on his journey out of here. But alas I can only dream.

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: David

It looks like The Donald is pushing that guy out of the way to me.

edit: I see someone already mentioned that. haha

Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Jim VB

It just dawned on me that if Marshall would leave this board and move to the CU board, the average IQ of both boards would go up.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Richard Cline - RC

Bravo Joann!!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Al Simeone

Leon,
Im a pretty good judge of A--Holes but this clown takes the cake! Peter C at least had some class but this boy is out there! His kinda NOISE I dont think we really need . I think its almost time to pull the plug. Did I say almost.Well you get the point.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: JimB

Thank you Joann for what you have said here and your participation on this board. I did not follow the other threads by this guy because I could tell they would be a waist of time. However, just reading the few snippets you pasted here is incredibly offensive. I fully support banning this guy. What does he contribute?
JimB

Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Rawn Hill

MMMMMMM vintage baseball stuff, gotta love it.

Rawn

Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: J Levine

Wow.....Marshall finally drops some actual information....if he was indeed the consignor on the T206 Bay in Mile High, then congrats Marshall...it only took you 400 posts for one simple piece of info.

To your point about being the first one to point fingers...your first paragraph of your first post said that the hobby was not legit and people dealing in high end cards are corrupt...were you not pointing fingers and calling names then...if you deny it, then, yes, I call you a LIAR.

I get it now...Marshall is just a bully. He screams the loudest because he has no class. He has no brains. He has no talent. He has nothing but his "noise."

One last thing...Marshall...you have no idea what "growing up tough" means and having tough friends. I really suggest you think before you post because there are several people on this board who probably had it a lot tougher than you and there are several people on this board I would never want to get into a fight with (like Leon's auction partner).

Joshua

PS Jim...that was a great line!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: marshall barkman

The thing i am actually suprised about is that Leon locked the old thread and told everyone that enough is enough and has said nothing to the individual that started this one. He actually makes a personal phone call about the situation and normally i would have not taken the call but made a exception this time. Now Joann goes on a personal witch hunt and actually posts my name and starts ranting and raving about how she is offended. Get Real. I'm not craving attention what i am doing is trading blow for blow. If you BRING NOISE then i will BRING IT RIGHT BACK.

The last time i checked shows like Sopranos,Six Feet Under,Desperate Houswives,Deadwood and so on are all giant money makers and they all are wildy over the top. I wonder what would happen if they put on a show and everyone was just so nice and oh so wonderful. Here we go and we'll call it Joann and her lovely friends Episode 1- ZZZZZZZZZ and today i told my wife how wonderful she is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and then she said your such a good person zzzzzzzzzzz and look there goes our dear friend Mary zzzzzzzzzzzzzz let's go invite her over and we'll play scrabble zzzzzzzzzzz. America is built on controversy, arrogance, intimidation,power and last but not least BRINGING THE NOISE, there is a old saying F with the bull and you will get the horns.

I did notice that after posting my facts in regards to cards again nothing but silence from all the playa haters and finger pointers.

What i really wish is that certain people could read the e-mails that have been written to me from members of this board who support what i am doing. Nothing is positive said about any of the people questioning me except Leon. He is the only one that is not lumped into the group. What i wish is instead of e-mailing me that they would put their opinion on the board.

Last but not least Tim Tebow did just want i knew he would do which is why i bet on Florida and predicted them to cover,they did in fact BRING THE NOISE. Congratulations for being 1.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Rob L

As a daily lurker and infrequent contributer, this guy is just amazing. He is the most self-righteous person that this board has seen in years. Time to hit the dump button.

As Jim Rome might say "War Bring the Noize".

Rob L

http://www.freewebs.com/loefflerrd/

Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: whitehse

One of my favorite quotes that, sad to say I cannot remember fully right now is from Walter Payton when asked why he does not celebrate a touchdown. Basically he said he plays like he has been there before...no need to celebrate.

in the same vain...no need to bring on the noise....if a person is who they say they are recognition will come their way. If you have to brag about who you hang with or what you have bought and sold maybe you are a little deficient in other areas!!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Kyle

How do people like this find this place? How do they become so full of themselves, and only caring about the dollar and/or the grade?

Most importantly, how can someone read or hear that they hurt someone else's feelings, and not evening think once about apologizing? Even if they still felt true to their comments, wouldn't you want to at least apologize and show you're a humble person? I don't know JoAnn very well, I have read many of her posts and I believe she was one of the first to donate to the 1st Net54 Charity auction, and hence have plenty of respect for her. But if I said something and it upset her, or anyone else on the board, heaven forbid, I'd be prompt to apologize.

I know I am one of the youngest ones visiting the boards some fifty times per day basis (I love reading the new posts, seeing pictures, etc) and I admit I am inconsistent posting to the forum (I don't have the knowledge like everyone else does), but reading ridiculous garbage like that sure makes me feel like I am on par with maturity like the rest of you.

Seriously, grow up.

Go Cubs.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Walter Payton was exciting when he ran the ball but in all reality what fills the stands in professional sports? Why do people attend Nascar events? The go to watch wrecks and drivers getting pissed and all the drama.

Does anyone remember Roger Clemens throwing the bat at Piazza? Yankee stadium erupted and the Mets were never the same.

For every person who likes Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Nolan Ryan there is also a person who likes Joe Namath, Chad Johnson and Roger Clemens.

What is hilarious about everything in regards to pre-war baseball cards is that these players were loud and violent rough chaps. Just go watch the movie Cobb or talk to people that knew him. The greatest player to ever live bet on himself and raised hell wherever he went. He fought anyone on the drop of a dime and he is my favorite all time ballplayer! My 2nd favorite player is Pete Rose and he should be in the hall of fame for his accomplishments playing the game.

Pure and simple Cobb & Rose RAISED AND BROUGHT THE NOISE!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Mark Evans

I think Marshall's personality is simply too obnoxious for this Board. A better fit elsewhere. As a general proposition, we look to avoid noise. Mark

Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: macboube

That's right, and if you do look very closely at this (The Donald) photo, he really is a mixed breed with the bloodlines of Gilligan and Duval!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Andrew

"I crap bigger than you." - Curly

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

If you count there were 45 posts before i responded. All kinds of trash talking, bashing, talking about banning and so forth. Does anyone here really think i need attention? In all reality when people get together on a witchhunt and a post goes 45 messages without a single response from the individual their talking about it is obvious who is seeking attention.

If Leon wants to ban me my feelings won't be hurt and i told him so via the phone. I do believe though if he chooses to do that it would be very hard for him to look into the mirror after the conversation we had.

The real truth is Leon and i are alot alike and i know that deep down where it really counts he would never back down from a fight. I will respect his decision either way but really Joann if you think a apology is order after your malicious post then you need to go and get some therapy and build your self-esteem.

Another thing i have several African American friends and when in Vegas i have dinner with the main man at P.F. Chang's. He and i have closed the place many a night with a bottle of bub. I would never judge anyone because of their color and one of my best friends is Jewish.

I wish a hottie would post about me needing a spanking because i would crank some Jay-Z and get the party started (-:

Another thing i never said it was a black tie affair. I stated suit and tie. I also never stated that Donald and i are friends. My personal opinion of Donald is that he is not a bad guy and the fact that i got to ride in a golf cart with Tom Fazio and his wife and went places on the course that no one else did shows a little as to what they thought of me. Mr. Fazio is a genius golf course designer and he has a set of balls the size of coconuts to carve that golf course out in that rough terrain.

In regards to Levine their is alot of corruption in the hobby. Why do you think the feds raided the National? I did not say anyone on this board was corrupt so don't put words in my mouth.

Bottom line is that if the broad would not have posted her malicious attack none of this would have gone on. I'm not into Billie Jean King types and really i always thought Martina Navratilova might have a cucumber lurking downstairs. LMFAO

My team football picks are 3-3 and my only loss was a over bet brought down by a sudden typhoon. Stay posted for the weekend because High end baseball cards go hand in hand with gambling. Why was Shoeless Joe banned? Mickey Mantle was a notorious gambler and so is Michael Jordan and 90% of all pro golfers.

Once again FIGHT THE POWER BOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Adam

please ban this person.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Also Joann if you go back and look at your original post in regards to my baseball card corruption. You called me a newbie whiner. What did you think was going to happen?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Ban yourself Adam and quit disgracing Eddie Plank, he is turning over in his grade that you are using his image.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: J Levine

Marshall,

Calling Joann a "broad" when she is clearly a lady is disrespectful. You wonder why you are disrespected, this is why...

The funniest thing I can think of now is that I think Joann can actually take Marshall in a fight...

BTW, drop more names, it makes you look impotent--I mean important.

Also "turning over in his grade" is the best slip of the keyboard I have ever seen written on this board...thanks for making me laugh again Marshall.

God I wish Wonka were paying attention...we could use some pictures.

Joshua

PS I have to stop...I think I sinking to his level...Leon...make him go away...please...he adds nothing to the board.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

All of it was done on purpose Levine. My original post had to do with grading remember hence the comment in regards to Plank. As to the broad comment she reminds me of a man the way she is acting hence the comment.

Who are you anyway? what have you ever accomplished? Type your name into google and see what comes up.

Probably zero.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Steven Finley

Ever since I got back into the hobby in the past year, and decided to dedicate my focus to Pre-War, I have been a frequent visitor to Net 54. I come here to see the pickup threads. I love to see scans of cards I dream about. I check the B/S/T's three times a day just in case I come across a deal I can't pass up. I come here to see caramel cards. I come here to see tobacco cards. I come here to see cards I never knew existed. I come here for PRE-WAR CARDS.

I know that I am a rookie here, but that being said.

Leon, I apologize if I'm a rook out of line, but is this necessary. I don't give a crap about Donald Trump. I don't give a crap about Football Bets.I come here four times a day because PRE-WAR BASEBALL CARDS are my obsession. I come here because old cardboard brings me joy. I graduated college in April but still bartend because it pays the mortgage and I can put away enough a month to feed my addiction. I don't don't give two s---- about personal and monetary vendettas.

DON'T LIKE PSA? ---- START AN ANTI- PSA BOARD

DON'T LIKE SCG? ---- START AN ANTI- SCG THREAD

ETC. ETC.

I come here to see FREAKIN-CARDBOARD.

I respect people like Adam, JimB, Jim VB, Joann, Rob D, Leon, Cincy BearCat Doug, WILLY WONKA (Could be my favorite), Tom Boblitt, Dan Mckee, Steve Murray, Dan Bretta, Barry Sloate, Peter Ullman, JK, Joe. D, Jeff Lichtman, Cycle back, T206collector (pretty sure you name is Jim), J Levine, and all the other regular contributors to this board. You guys and the people that love pre-war cards like me are reason I refresh this website 12 times a day. Thank you each and every one of you.

That being said...

Marshall.... Go.... F... Yourself.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Marshall, Josh is an educator who has undoubtedly touched and inspired the lives of many of his pupils ... you know, someone who makes a difference in the world. You on the other hand are an ignorant, self-aggrandizing, blow-hard who lacks respect, tact, and manners. As a 40-year old man you should be ashamed at the way are acting and the way you carry yourself. The way you speak about women is unbelievable, your mother would be ashamed of you. The true measure of a man is the way they treat women, unfortunately that is all too true in this instance.

You talk about money like you have actually earned some, what exactly do you do for a living (you might as well answer your own question you posed to Joshua). When I ask this I'm not talking about golf, as you obviously can't support yourself doing that, or your music (for the same reason). What have you done to make this world a better place? I'll be anxiously awaiting your reply.

-Rhett

Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: David McDonald

A balmy dark night in Honolulu. Had a good tough session at the Kyokushin dojo this evening; for once I was pleased by my training efforts. When the class was pau I stopped on the way to my car to listen to a group of 15 or 20 young Micronesians hanging out and singing hymns in a nearby park. Their voices came out of the darkness, a sweet Polynesian singsong from the women, virile harmony from the men. Such a peaceful sound. It was one of those "lucky you stay Hawaii" moments and it put me in the nicest mood. Got to thinking about how much I enjoy participating on this board and how I value the friendships both real-time and virtual that I have made, and that I am fortunate to be a part of this group of diverse, interesting and good people. Got home and eventually logged on to Net54. It's lights-out already on the Mainland. The board is quiet. The Marshall Barkman thing is at the top of the page. What's with this guy? Blowing the MB3 horn non-stop, insulting my friends left, right and crooked, sexist putdowns (ya kicked his okole, Joann), violent innuendoes, contributing nothing but aggro and graceless as a claw hammer. Forty years old and thinks the world is a mosh pit. How unbecoming and pathetic, a grandma in a mini-skirt. Too many guys like him in my world already. He's the guy in the boom car that runs all the red lights on Kal Highway. The guy that talks on his cellphone in the movie theatre. The guy that flips off old ladies. What is he doing on our board? What is the over/under on the number of hours left before he gets the hook? Get him the hell off of here. Enough already.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: barrysloate

So this is all really Joann's fault...she posted just to get at Marshall, and to draw attention to herself.

Egad.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: JimCrandell

"I always thought Martina Navritilova might have a cucumber lurking downstairs. LMFAO."

Well if you are you are clearly the only one except for the make believe supporters from Net 54 that you say are flooding your e-mail.

There is not an ounce of contrition in you fot the horrible things you have said to Joann.

Leon has no choice--you will be gone as of this morning.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: barrysloate

I saw that too Jim, and I was in disbelief. It's sad that someone would think that, much less post it on a public chatboard.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Greg Theberge

I heard somewhere "If you build it, they will come"

Quite honestly, if you ignore it (especially when it's below you, not worth your time of day, and thrives on the attention you are giving it), it will usually go away...

Greg

Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

He needs to go but if you do ignore ignorance like his, sooner or later it'll go away. He craves attention SO bad, and we're all feeding it. Head back to the island, little David 'Gilligan' Duvall wannabe. Only difference is you don't have 1% of the talent Duvall USED to have....

Old 01-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Howie C

I am a rookie here also. I check the board multiple times a day. In the short few weeks that I have been reading these boards, I have learned so much. Most of the people who post here are very knowlegable about pre war cards. But there are a few who have nothing better to do but insult people and bust their chops. I have encountered one such person when I posted a few weeks ago. I no longer see his name posted. These people are crying out for attention because they have nothing else in their lives.

If we just ignore these people, they go away.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Rob Ray

...I'm mostly a lurker on here,but have enjoyed most everything I've read over the years.

But a few replies up, Mr.McDonald summed up the on-board unanimous response to MB3 in a most eloquent fashion.

I've known guys who publicy and personally respond to women as MB3 did in a moment of spite, and MB3 fits them to a T. A 40-year old who still acts as like a 15-year old. IF he's married,I'd be shocked.

I must admit,Marshall's website (what there is of it) is interesting and he seems like an interesting guy...if you simply happen upon his website. But seeing him virtually interact on these boards (maybe this is a poor example of him in action,but I doubt it) puts any doubt to rest. A gambling-addicted,high-strung,bling-loving,loud mouth,all-about-himself,extreme dude who craves...absolutely CRAVES...attention.

He may play golf better than a lot of us citizens,and if you like his sort of heavy metal music (the song samples on his blog weren't half-bad)...not my cup of tea,but as a musician myself I give props....anyway....

He has done nothing but cause strife on these boards with his repititious blatherings and spoutings of 20-year-old catch-phrases, and his ill-placed and very-out-of-fashion-rat-packish comment to Joann puts a big red flag up.

Once this thing dies down he'll bring his noize elsewhere.

Buh Bye. See you on the back 9 at the looney bin.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: DMcD

I do tend to go on. happy.gif

Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Bryan Long

and what the heck is going on here? This is the reason why I don't post much anymore. We have to deal with people like this.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: leon

Well, I do have a responsibility to the community we have made. I am going to lock this thread and talk to Marshall today. Our crowd doesn't really fit him too well. He did insult good friends but he felt it was warranted. I do stand behind my comments (believe it or not) but my overriding concern is for the board. I am sort of a lone ranger on this one. We'll have to talk about this over a lot of beer at the National. Here is the deal. I think I am going to ask Marshall not to post anymore and lock this thread also. I think Net54 VBCF has had enough for now...maybe forever. I apologize for not taking action sooner but I do see my (much younger) self in Marshall...though I changed. I apologize to anyone that is offended I didn't take action sooner. I have explained why...right or wrong. There are so many folks I want to throw some rebuttals at it's not even worth it. So lets get back to vintage cards please...Anymore Marshall threads will be locked and swift action will be taken....take care all