NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2024, 10:35 PM
Glenn

Default Question - NJ Spirts Card Show Convention Freehold

I see there’s a show on Friday and Saturday in Freehold NJ at a place called iPlay America…
Anyone been to a prior show there? Is it worth going? Any substantial vintage? If so, any substantial pre WWII?… sports and non-sports…

Glenn
Old 02-02-2024, 07:47 AM
John T

I went once a couple of years ago...was excited because its less than an hour from my house...about 75 to 100 tables and less than 5 were vintage and only one had anything older than the 50's....3 were 60's or newer. Huge disappointment. Maybe its better now, but I'm not taking the ride.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:35 AM
Jay Shumsky

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...light=Freehold

There was a thread a few years ago the show. Looks like not much vintage then.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:26 AM
Glenn

Default Question - NJ Sports Card Show Convention Freehold

Thanks Johnny and Jay!
It's about an hour for me, so I'm debating. Right now, I'm leaning against going unless I hear some more recent experiences that indicate there is more vintage...
The show does appear to be a lot larger than it was a couple of years ago. I do assume that's mostly modern sports and gaming card dealers...

I recently went to a small show in Woodbridge NJ, and it seemed to me to be about 75% gaming cards! The sports side was more modern, but there were a splattering of vintage (no exclusive vintage dealers). The only tobacco cards I saw were a pile of less then poor mostly T206s, a few others (i.e. T207, oh, 1 e-card) sold as a lot (pieces missing on most), all commons except for 1 light HOFer (I believe Griffith)... and it was not cheap (I recollect $1,000 as starting point, for I believe group of (30) or so)...
Old 02-02-2024, 10:27 AM
Glenn

Default Question - NJ Spirts Card Show Convention Freehold

... oh, adding to last email, I recollect all common backs.